What are y'all doing about expensive gas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:16 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: What are y'all doing about expensive gas?

I take my 4yr old son to pre-school on my stuntbike, now, instead of driving my Jeep that only gets 15 mpg. My question is this, though......back in the late 80's, early 90's.....you could buy a car that got 50 mpg(Metro's ect.), and now days you can't find ANYTHING that gets more than 45 MPG. With the advancements in technology over the past 20 years....that makes NO sense. WTF?
Old 07-05-2008, 05:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

they were talking to a guy on the radio the other day that claims his v8 mustang gets 100 miles per gallon and stil has the same amount of torque and horse power as stock , he says he didn't add any hydo canisters or any thing like that just some very simple mods and he is up for an award of 1 milion dollars and refused to sell his idea to the government or any oil companies because he thought it would just get hidden away from the public but he does want to sell it to a company that will put it out there for the world to see....

now i have heard these kinds of stories before and never seen any thing come from them but this guy had me convinced
Old 07-05-2008, 05:50 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
they were talking to a guy on the radio the other day that claims his v8 mustang gets 100 miles per gallon and stil has the same amount of torque and horse power as stock , he says he didn't add any hydo canisters or any thing like that just some very simple mods and he is up for an award of 1 milion dollars and refused to sell his idea to the government or any oil companies because he thought it would just get hidden away from the public but he does want to sell it to a company that will put it out there for the world to see....

now i have heard these kinds of stories before and never seen any thing come from them but this guy had me convinced
Did you see that link I posted the other day about gas mileage? It was a video of a news article
Old 07-05-2008, 05:51 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

http://www.azfamily.com/video/index....d=257599&shu=1

There's a large discussion going on about it at one of the car forums I'm on. Some real interesting stuff
Old 07-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

You think you guys have it hard, this is the best prices in my area

http://www.petrolprices.com/search.html?search=cv7+9jw
Old 07-05-2008, 05:58 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nags
http://www.azfamily.com/video/index....d=257599&shu=1

There's a large discussion going on about it at one of the car forums I'm on. Some real interesting stuff
i knew about the hydrogen generators for a while now but the guy with the mustang says he didn't add a hydrogen generator justa few simple mods that any one can do ..
Old 07-05-2008, 05:59 PM

Theres gotta be some sort of catch

If one person can figure it out, than that means someone else already did as well and it'd be on the Internet somewhere
Old 07-05-2008, 06:00 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by -Ludo
You think you guys have it hard, this is the best prices in my area

http://www.petrolprices.com/search.html?search=cv7+9jw
whats that usd about 9 bucks a gallon ?

Kolat is an unknown quantity at this point

those newscasters names were great lol. Using hydrogen to increase your gas mileage is snake oil. Think of it this way, those little containers hold maybe a gallon of water. They say that you run vinegar thru it and then fill it back up with distilled water every 5000 miles. The amount of hydrogen that your pulling from the water in that time would be miniscule compared to the amount of air that your car pulls in.

Even mythbusters tested them and the only thing that saved gas mileage was drafting.

T

I'm ready to pull a few spark plugs
Old 07-05-2008, 06:01 PM
also known as OMR

Theres gotta be some sort of catch

If one person can figure it out, than that means someone else already did as well and it'd be on the Internet somewhere
well the guy is a scientist not just some back yard mechanic
Old 07-05-2008, 06:02 PM

Still... **** hits the Internet rather quickly
Old 07-05-2008, 06:03 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Kolat
those newscasters names were great lol. Using hydrogen to increase your gas mileage is snake oil. Think of it this way, those little containers hold maybe a gallon of water. They say that you run vinegar thru it and then fill it back up with distilled water every 5000 miles. The amount of hydrogen that your pulling from the water in that time would be miniscule compared to the amount of air that your car pulls in.

Even mythbusters tested them and the only thing that saved gas mileage was drafting.

T
i never seen mythbusters test a hydrogen generator ..

and there is a police station some where around here that runs them on there cruisers so i suspect there is some sort or truth to it
Old 07-05-2008, 06:03 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I bet if we were getting 100mpg in our cars then the price of gas would go up to about 15 bucks a gallon.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:04 PM
also known as OMR

Still... **** hits the Internet rather quickly
if you got your truck to get 100 mpg would you post up how you did it or sell the idea .
Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 PM

-Ludo is a decent person

whats that usd about 9 bucks a gallon ?
Not sure, i guess.

I have a 2.3 diesel van and a 1.3 petrol car, it kills me to run them

If i had to full up cars with engines like the ones you guys have i'd be skint.

The best thing i think is LPG gas, half the price
Old 07-05-2008, 06:11 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by -Ludo
Not sure, i guess.

I have a 2.3 diesel van and a 1.3 petrol car, it kills me to run them

If i had to full up cars with engines like the ones you guys have i'd be skint.

The best thing i think is LPG gas, half the price
alot of companies with over 100 service vehicles are running lpg but it is an expensive mod to switch a regular car over to lpg
Old 07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
www.STRICTLYSTUNT.com

JackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to beholdJackMan is a splendid one to behold

i started driving my mom's VW golf, and had instead of my 6 cyl. Ranger 4x4. Her car gets 30 mpg, mine gets 18 if i'm lucky.

Her commute to work is 4 miles and my commute to school is 25, doing that every week last semester kicked my *** in gas money
Old 07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
also known as OMR

imma put one of these in my van....lol

Name:  HPIM0554.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  71.1 KB
Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM

-Ludo is a decent person

OMR buy one of these, its what my girlfriend drives

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf2p...e0le&tt=72,565

Quick Reply: What are y'all doing about expensive gas?