Buying a Truck...any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Buying a Truck...any advice?

Originally Posted by EZEC
You can already get a 1500 with a duramax just no one knows about it...you might be able to get it in the avalache too.

My friend is a regional gm service rep and knows the build config options. It was in there for the previous models up to 06 at least.

Hopefully I'll be getting a crew cab f250 powerstroke this summer...the s10 is tired plus I can't lift a 2wd and run over squids.
getting ready to sell mine buy it
Old 02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

How much?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Fords are way better than those junk chevy diesels. i do not know 1 person with a chevy that has not had major problems. i like the dodge motor just think they look like poop and the interiors are crap also [/quote]

no ****, i didn't know that. so, do the fords and dodges have the cummins and chevy has somethin' else? i'm just drawin from my prior experience with ford, everything seemed as backward to someone who grew up workin on chevy's, kinda soured me to the brand. anyway, i work for a company that makes most of the 4wd transfer cases in north america. i work in the chevy division, so chances are if you buy a chevy, i helped put your transfer case together. hope it wroks, or i mean works.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EZEC
How much?
not sure yet
Originally Posted by lee majors
Fords are way better than those junk chevy diesels. i do not know 1 person with a chevy that has not had major problems. i like the dodge motor just think they look like poop and the interiors are crap also

no ****, i didn't know that. so, do the fords and dodges have the cummins and chevy has somethin' else? i'm just drawin from my prior experience with ford, everything seemed as backward to someone who grew up workin on chevy's, kinda soured me to the brand. anyway, i work for a company that makes most of the 4wd transfer cases in north america. i work in the chevy division, so chances are if you buy a chevy, i helped put your transfer case together. hope it wroks, or i mean works.[/QUOTE]

i have a aftermarket tranny (suncoast )
Old 02-08-2008, 09:50 AM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

the older dodges always had tranny problems, new ones are pefect i think. get a s10 or an older f150 xlt. the bed is like 30 feet long lol.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:05 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

i want this diesel. they say "its no trailer queen", gets 23 mph towing a trailer.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN
Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Trick , if you are lookin for a truck ...i got nice ones for sale.

1995 ford ranger with tons new parts on it.

5 speed , 90 k , new clutch , new brakes , rotors , lines , shocks , shackle , shackle mount , horn , tires , tuned and more....o yea lifted 3 inches.

lemme know if u r interested. i ll sell for good price.

also this truck SAVES alot of gas....maybe around 28mpg 4 clyinder & just pass inpection stickers.

the truck is too small for me.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Jess

GSXRchic is a decent person

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
let me be the first to say.

GET A TOYOTA!!!!!:YEAH

...tho i gotta say, those silverados look BAD ***!
Definitely go toyota....i just have a v6 tundra and it works awesome for the bike. I can just imagine how nice the 8 is with the extras! Not to mention the gas mileage.... :YEAH
Old 02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

get a big *** van actually. i would if they werent so ugly..lol i need a truck sometime soon.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

One word...
Megacab

Old 02-08-2008, 12:57 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

the started of the thread needs a tacoma with stick shift.. i drove one those things got ****** HEAT. a buddy of min has on with 6 speed but its got the toyota 4.0L.. that **** RIPS
iono how cheap it was or expensive.

but you can get the older 4 banger tacomas for dirt cheap and they chirp 1st to 2nd naaaasty.

and kane are those 18" aftermarket wheels???
Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

you're young, you have one bike no need to put ur self 17k in debt wen ur barely in college.. i have an 01 s10 v6...it gets 21mpg on the highway an like 17-19 around town i have checked those miles...it takes two bikes in the bed no problem, an can take 1 in the bed an 2 on a trailer no problem ive done it..i picked mine up for 5k...plus if u get the extreme edition it looks even better you dont need motortrends new diesel of the year to get one bike to the spot once a week..save ur money for stunt parts
Old 02-08-2008, 01:02 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
Good job nick now lets have a pull off

Get a Diesel :YEAH i get better mpg in my diesel f250 than i do in my f150 v8 gas
***** lets do this.. ur 250 vs my 99 jeep grand cherokee limited.. haha a
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
One word...
Megacab

dude i sold these for like 6 months at a dodge dealership.. things like a suv inside.. ther sick

but zunit has a post.. dont go luxury do what you got to do to get by..
Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

powerstroke
Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM

vtecguy is an unknown quantity at this point

anything but a dodge dude... i used to work at a tranny rebuild shop and like 70 percent of the trannys that came in busted where off a dodge... and my dad had one and his tranny kicked the bucket too
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Location: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
got_ink123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50slut
buy a DODGE
not much to say to this... because I have a dodge... but keep an eye on the trans if you do... I've heard some problems and i'm starting to have some of my own overdrive is slipping and it shifts through all gears into over drive at 30mph and then wont go any where unless you floor it then it will drop back to 4th... beautiful lookin truck tho... and it's got some power I have an older on a 97 Ram 1500L v8 I think it's 5.7liter? DO NOT BUY CHEVY BELOW IS MY OLD CHEVY THAT TELLS A TALE ON ITS OWN:

This is my Ram:

Old 02-08-2008, 02:26 PM

vtecguy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Big R 508;3151590]Trick , if you are lookin for a truck ...i got nice ones for sale.

1995 ford ranger with tons new parts on it.

5 speed , 90 k , new clutch , new brakes , rotors , lines , shocks , shackle , shackle mount , horn , tires , tuned and more....o yea lifted 3 inches.

lemme know if u r interested. i ll sell for good price.

also this truck SAVES alot of gas....maybe around 28mpg 4 clyinder & just pass inpection stickers.

the truck is too small for me.[/QUOT

dude how much you want
Old 02-08-2008, 02:28 PM

broncopete27 is an unknown quantity at this point

those ss chevys are slow, I have a svt lightning for sale if you want a real truck
Old 02-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Location: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
got_ink123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vtecguy
anything but a dodge dude... i used to work at a tranny rebuild shop and like 70 percent of the trannys that came in busted where off a dodge... and my dad had one and his tranny kicked the bucket too
Thats the jist of it. most dodge owners suck it up tho... buy a dodge... wait for the trans to go a 80k miles and then put in an aftermarket and never worry about it ever again/. good old http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm for the Level 4 / 5 48RE Transmission Ramzilla trans: "heavy duty / high performance use up to 800+ (gas) horse power using pump gasoline, towing, 4WD, high performance and others. The diesel version is good for over 1000 torque."

Quick Reply: Buying a Truck...any advice?