Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: how long after buying your bike did you start to wheelie?
1 month or less
55.00%
1-3"months"
20.33%
4-6"months"
8.33%
7-9"months"
3.67%
10-1year
3.00%
1yr-1yr & 3months
6.33%
1&4 to 1&6
0.33%
1&7 to 1&9
0%
1&10-2yrs
1.00%
took longer than 2yrs
2.00%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

how long after you got your bike befor you started to do wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how long after you got your bike befor you started to do wheelies?

btw : i really only been riding for like 3 or little more months and im aready sick of the 600, it just isnt powerfull enough for my big *** oyea can u do 3 rd gear highway wheelies on 9rr? anyone know who done it? u gotta bounce or it just come up? whats the diff between fuel injected and the other thing? i got no idea what your talkin bout" im mechanicaly dumb for the most part" will 9rr stand up in first gear on powers? how bout 2nd? 3rd? just wondering
Old 08-26-2004, 12:27 AM

kx125726 is an unknown quantity at this point

20 minets. i bought my gsxr 750 for 3800 and started wheeliein right away. Dude chill out a lil. Like the guy said u can wheelie anything its all about the balance point and your form on gettin it up. get to know ur 600 and where its power is and bounce that **** up. iv seen a friend of mine over 300 lbs wheelie anythin he got on. its not the bike its how ur doing it. relax and focus when ur tryin to pick it up once u hit balance point its a game of control. the bike gets light all u have to do is show it where to go.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:54 AM
Old School

Ice Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

My first bike was a YZF also. I was wheelyine a few weeks after I got it, but didn't really get good at wheelies or get into stunting until 4 years later. If I would have had anyone to teach me I think I would have really gotten into stunting years ago. I'de say just ask questions on here, and ride with guys that are better so they can give you advice, and you can watch them. I could never do anything but clutch it up in first on the 'ol 600r, and it would wrap out really quick. I ride with a kid that preloads really hard, and clutches his YZF up in second with stock gearing, but he doesn't usually ride them over 1/2 mile probably because of the bike and gearing. I'de say gear the hell out of it, at least 5 up, work on clutching it up in 2nd and decide from there what you want to do, but take your time, it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Who needs roads!?

i understand but how long did it take yall to get good at whellies where you could get it up to bp and ride the **** out of it? it seems like im dumb to me caus ei cant get the sheot down. is it easyer if you learn to wheelie stand ups first or ?? cause it seems to come up easyer and more comfy for yall and i feel awkward when it dose get up high enough cause i feel like im gonna fall off the thang backwards and i know im not even past 2 or 2.5 feet, is this normal feeling to have or am i a puss? should i try stand ups? or stick with sit downs? oh yea dose anyone know of anyone that would mind riding with a punk that can bearly pop em up? im in the stpete/tampa area of FL holla at me if you wanna ride PM!! later you punk asses that make me look like crap.. lol peace.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:18 PM

Jeff405 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm only about a buck75, so I should be able to wheelie on it. Right now I can't afford to be wreckin', I might think about a cage when I get serious about it.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:39 PM

Houston terrell is an unknown quantity at this point

People said that my zx7r is a heavy pig and hard *** hell to wheelie... well second gear stand ups at 65-70 is pretty effortless.... just bounce and slip the clutch a bit and up she comes smoooooth as hell.... my first bike in my avatar there is a 1993 seca ll about 40hp or so and i would rock second gear stand ups for a Long *** time crusing at 55mph.... like somone said JUST GET IT UP and then its easy from there...
Old 08-26-2004, 06:39 PM

-Cash- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GPcrew
i understand but how long did it take yall to get good at whellies where you could get it up to bp and ride the **** out of it? it seems like im dumb to me caus ei cant get the sheot down. is it easyer if you learn to wheelie stand ups first or ?? cause it seems to come up easyer and more comfy for yall and i feel awkward when it dose get up high enough cause i feel like im gonna fall off the thang backwards and i know im not even past 2 or 2.5 feet, is this normal feeling to have or am i a puss? should i try stand ups? or stick with sit downs? oh yea dose anyone know of anyone that would mind riding with a punk that can bearly pop em up? im in the stpete/tampa area of FL holla at me if you wanna ride PM!! later you punk asses that make me look like crap.. lol peace.
Not to be an ***, but take an extra second to type some of your words.

-Cash
Old 08-26-2004, 06:58 PM

Kube is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GPcrew
standing up is easier for me, but i'd still consider myself a beginner so i dont know if my opinion counts for a whole lot. the best i can do is pick it up and ride it till the limiter kicks in. i still need to lift it higher so i dont wrap out on my rpms so quick.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:28 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

I started trying wheelies the 1st day i bought my 2002 zx-7r....that thing was a tank.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Who needs roads!?

i started really trying today and they where comin up pretty easy , mabee ill stick with the 600 . hey when im in plots and stuff i do crappy wheelies but when i try to impress peeps on side of street or somthing i can get it up decently and ride for bout 3 seconds, i guess the crowd kinda pumps me up and i grow a pair of *****. dose this happen to anyone else? like do you ride better or worse infront of others? i think i ride betta infront of otha peeps
Old 08-27-2004, 11:22 AM

the only people that i ride better in front of are my other friends that are out practicing with me. if i'm trying to show off for some random people, i always pop the clutch too soon.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Who needs roads!?

lol, i got overconfident and tryed to showmy friend kevin my wheelies and i tryed like 30 times and got it up decently like2 or 3 times, lol, i suck.o well these things take time......i guess its like skatebording or any sport"you cant just go out and do it till your like a pro, when your amature trying stuff and dont got it down yet then its almost like i have to warm up for a while befor i can do anything decently? same with yall u gotta warm up first? dose anyone recomend getting a pos 600 like old katana to learn good wheelies on????? i can get one for like proble less than 2.5 G's....

FTP :YEAH
Old 08-27-2004, 03:10 PM

if you're gonna get a katana, you might as well just keep what you have. maybe you should look into an F3 or something like that for your new 6. they are older, cheaper, and work just as well.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Who needs roads!?

an old kat6 or kat750 should stand up in first with just clutch and no bounce right?
Old 08-27-2004, 06:38 PM
hates snow

WNYGOODFELLA is an unknown quantity at this point

i just got my bike 3 weeks ago kawasaki ninja 500R (i know it's weak) i've been doing wheelies for about a week now clutching them can't power them up. second one i did i got a little too high and slamed the brake my bllaz it the tank so hard i had to lay down for 15 minutes it sucked!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by WNYGOODFELLA
i just got my bike 3 weeks ago kawasaki ninja 500R (i know it's weak) i've been doing wheelies for about a week now clutching them can't power them up. second one i did i got a little too high and slamed the brake my bllaz it the tank so hard i had to lay down for 15 minutes it sucked!
been there, done that.... .......i started on a ninja 500 too, now i cant get rid of the damn thing. ****'s been sitting in my garage since december.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:49 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

took me about a 3 days befor i was tryin sit downs, after about a month of spinning my rear tire (bald as hell need a new one) i got up the ***** to start bring up sit downs, and now im at that point (been riding for about a month and a few weeks) just have to not be afraid and not be stupid and try to rock long wheelies right away, slowly but surely is my way of thinking.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Who needs roads!?

lol first couple high ones i did i racked nuts too lol.... im not gonna get another 600 cause i wanna power wheelie and go fast doin wheelies so 6 is out, i changed mind like 10 times but i think ima stick with gitting a 9dubR and powerin it up when i get it and when i wanna learn slow sheot lill clutch em but till then ima get a 9dubR and power my *** off! i hope i can get one soon.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:11 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Wow this is sad. I think it's against the laws of nature for a 300 pound 17 year old to be on a sportbike. It's bad enough that I'm on a 954 but lord knows some fat kid that upsets the suspension on a sportbike will go down hard.

I just can't help giggling when I think about you looping a 1st gear wheelie cause you can only get it up 2 feet but then your weight takes over and even after you close the throttle it still goes backwards and you try and try to slam it back down with the rear brake but you flip and it it falls on top of you. Then you go "teeehehe" like the Pillsbury doughboy cause you're so huge you broke the bikes fall....

Learn to spell.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Who needs roads!?

Originally Posted by FHL
Wow this is sad. I think it's against the laws of nature for a 300 pound 17 year old to be on a sportbike. It's bad enough that I'm on a 954 but lord knows some fat kid that upsets the suspension on a sportbike will go down hard.

I just can't help giggling when I think about you looping a 1st gear wheelie cause you can only get it up 2 feet but then your weight takes over and even after you close the throttle it still goes backwards and you try and try to slam it back down with the rear brake but you flip and it it falls on top of you. Then you go "teeehehe" like the Pillsbury doughboy cause you're so huge you broke the bikes fall....

Learn to spell.
ok judge for yourself if i look 300, i changed my avatar just for you, i dont look as fat as your momma beotch! noone i know says i look 300 its alot of musle unda da fat, so say what u wanna but lettit be know i dont look bad falling, i look like super man landing on his face at 40! , o yea im soon to get a 9RR so lick on these BALLSBEOTCH!

Quick Reply: how long after you got your bike befor you started to do wheelies?