Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: How many people do you know that quit after they crashed
1-5
79.49%
6-10
5.13%
11-20
10.26%
21+
5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Crash Than Quit!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:21 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough
Re: Crash Than Quit!!!!!!!

I started stunting because of a crash, highsided at the track and fucked my nice bike all up. I was like ****...I geuss I got a stuntbike now,lol
Old 12-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Ifitwasezevery1woulddoit

Dizzel406 is a decent person

If you aint crashing you aint riding.. I have always thought if you dont push your limits you will never get better, so wrecking is part of the progresion of any sport. I have way more respect for the guy out there wrecking, then any spectator...
Old 12-20-2008, 02:59 PM

mikeypb07 is a decent person

One of my fraternity brothers quit, but he almost killed himself...his spleen is now in 5 pieces, he was in a coma afterwards, and doesn't remember 2 weeks before or after the accident. Wasn't stunting btw.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

haha, we had a track guy around here talking about he would have stunting in no time and circles in a couple weeks. Him and a buddy bought a stunt bike, rode it once and sold it. Said it was way harder than he ever thought. Atleast he did admit that he underestimated how much skill there was and a big sprocket doesnt make a bike wheelie itself.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not that simple there are at least 4 good reasons why you could quit after a crash that would not make you a *****.

1: Lack of health Insurance + Debt for LIFE = noPussy
2: an injury so severe that you Can't ride b/c of Doctors orders
3: so close to death that you realize suddenly your family needs you and out of responsibility you can't. Even if you don't die you could be out of work for months with an injury and not be able to keep up your end.
4: You **** up your bike so bad and spent all you money on medical bills and you bike's not rideable and you can't fix it b/c you're broke.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:04 PM

Neosporin is a decent person

I've wrecked many times, mostly rash. Blew out my knee 3 weeks ago, so I'm considering health insurance.. And a secondary vehicle..
Old 12-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I started stunting because of a crash, highsided at the track and fucked my nice bike all up. I was like ****...I geuss I got a stuntbike now,lol
haha that ***** funny!

Originally Posted by five636
It's not that simple there are at least 4 good reasons why you could quit after a crash that would not make you a *****.

1: Lack of health Insurance + Debt for LIFE = noPussy
2: an injury so severe that you Can't ride b/c of Doctors orders
3: so close to death that you realize suddenly your family needs you and out of responsibility you can't. Even if you don't die you could be out of work for months with an injury and not be able to keep up your end.
4: You **** up your bike so bad and spent all you money on medical bills and you bike's not rideable and you can't fix it b/c you're broke.

+1 i agree completly. i gave one of my friends alot of **** cuz he "said" he was gonna quit. but he never did. hes back on the bike and happy as can be. but if someone quits i wont give them ****. 99 percent of stunters will never make a living out of this and if you have a job that requires some arms and legs....you may have to put the helmet away

as for me...4 crashes in. nothing to major. but it hasnt even remotely came across my mind to quit
Old 12-27-2008, 03:34 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

Broken Like 11-12 Bones Racin Moto And A Bad Rev Limiter Spreader Coast Took Out My Right Shoulder But I Will Ride Forever.....ride Or Die Baby
Old 12-27-2008, 04:57 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Man I did know a few tools that got bikes and didnt even try and quit, because they were and are the biggest pussies I ever knew.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Master of The Catapault!

Fuzzy Nutz is a decent person

the only one I know that was justified went down at 90 on the back wheel... he spent several months in the hospital so no **** for him... as for the rest? Pussies!!!

I've had a few wrecks... one REALLY bad one that took me out for a while...

wrecking is a part of it and I don't understand the squids that think they won't wreck... I had one riding with me that laughed when I launched off the front trying the high chair stoppie... the next weekend he talked **** about how he never wrecks and then broke his foot because he didn't want to listen to me when I told him he was gonna do it wrong (trying stoppies)... haven't heard anything about stunting from him since... I think he's gonna be another tally mark on the chalk board...
Old 01-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Master of The Catapault!

Got confirmation yesterday... ole' broke foot is done... ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 AM

J_Rod is an unknown quantity at this point

wow good call
Old 01-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Master of The Catapault!

it sucks though bc I had him convinced to buy my cage so I could get a new one... DAMNIT!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

Originally Posted by Neosporin
I've wrecked many times, mostly rash. Blew out my knee 3 weeks ago, so I'm considering health insurance.. And a secondary vehicle..

Carshing and getting hurt doesn't bother me, as it has been said it's part of the game and you gotta pay to play! The only thing that holds me back (i stress "holds me back," wouldn't just quit) is the fact the all I own is a bike, I have no other mode of transportation and my bike doesn't have a cage yet, but will very soon. Once the cage is on i'm going to kick the thing over just for the hell of it!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

I have known several that spent thousands setting up their "stunt bikes," and rode 10 minutes, or 2 days, or 2 weeks and disappeared. Probably about 5 or 6. I have had stitches, breaks, dislocations, and a concussion. I have a broken heel from about two weeks ago and dislocated my knee last Monday. All I can thinlk about is riding. I got a sixsixone mx-2 knee brace on the way!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 PM

BusaPete is a decent person

Don't squid me cause I was wheelie-ing a Busa...**** and on a public road...at least I clutched it up but bitch in a cage ran the stop sign and to make her turn more slight, she turned onto my side of the road. Went through three surgeries for four skin grafts, healed up, missed a semester of classes, and still got back on the Busa. And just recently started setting up a 636...Then just a couple weeks ago, my buddy goes down because of a cager and is done riding for good. I don't hold it against him. You gotta leave it up to the individual. Some people just don't have a passion for two wheels.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Just depends on where you're at in life .. Small crashes that aren't serious then yeah that's lame cause you should know you're going to crash. If you have no health insurance that's a big factor.. Nobody cares till they get hurt and now they owe $10k for a simple thing. That's why i stopped playing football here.. Simple broken hand wasn't a big deal but it cost me 8k with shitty insurance luckilly 6500 the medical place dropped. I think LIN when he wrecked owes like 100k+