Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?
Yes
48.33%
No
22.08%
I honestly dont care Alex
8.75%
Click here for sex
20.83%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough
Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?

Stunting has come a long way over the years, and it seems to be progressing faster and faster, like a snowball. sponsors and shows and glitter is all cool and i support that to the fullest, but i personally enjoy the grimey dirty underground aspect too. i dont really know where i stand on the issue, sometimes i dont even care actually, but what do all my dear friends on haterlife.com think??
Old 12-12-2005, 12:02 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?

First to vote! Ha! I voted NO. More power to the people that make something of it, but im not into all that
Old 12-12-2005, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
First to vote! Ha! I voted NO. More power to the people that make something of it, but im not into all that
didnt u used to light fireworks from the back of ur 12 bar and scrape??? glama stunter....

but i agree with you more power to the ppl that do it but in the words of Cbo "that jus aint my styyy dawg"

Last edited by FSPalex; 12-12-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:11 AM

bigbrian is an unknown quantity at this point

stunting is always going to be illegal on the streets, and property owners are always gonna call the police when you are practicing on there land... so it is always going to be somewhat "underground". but i dont think bigtime sponserships and more competions around the U.S. are going to hurt us any. i think the more people who know about the sport aspect of it the better. im sick of old ladies calling the police because we are riding wheelies at 5 mph in an empty parking lot.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:13 AM

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FSPalex
didnt u used to light fireworks from the back of ur 12 bar and scrape??? glama stunter....

but i agree with you more power to the ppl that do it but in the words of Cbo "that jus aint my styyy dawg"

The devil made me do it
Old 12-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Hard at work on Stuntlife

Big Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of light

Define "Mainstream" for me..

Do you mean, like X-Games "main Stream" or Stunt Parks opening up?

Reguardless I'm gonna say (and don't take offense to this) it won't happen durring your stunting "career"

Big Jarsh
Old 12-12-2005, 12:16 AM

2502 is a decent person

those kids that are 13 or 14 are the ones you're going to see on the x games. this "sport" is what skateboarding was when i was a skater. now look at tony hawk. just gotta keep your head in the game. don't fukk your sponsors. don't get a big head yet. while some of the bigger name stunters are big on stuntlife, you're noone to the rest of america. you know the ones that flip thru espn and stop to watch some insane display of 40 backflips on a dirtbike. it's going to get there. the future is with the kids up and coming. a lot of these doods are busting azz and hustling. they're the ones you're gonna be seeing making news. watch and see.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Glama i voted sex Nothing happened
it would be cool if the sport made it to x-games or something because most of the x-games events are held here and we need more events here in socal. But i just wanna ride with a bunch of cool people and be in videos n stuff. I dont really know about it gettin all mainstream n all but im happy with riding with friends and doing shows from time to time making some extra money (Dirty stunt money) while having fuunnn
Old 12-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Group Moderator

GSE Brent is an unknown quantity at this point

i honestly think that 1 day street freestyle will be apart of the x games. They let freestyle motocross become a x games sport then y not street freestyle? They're starting to do it in arenas now where its the intermission during fmx shows and at races
Old 12-12-2005, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by MI-ST636
i honestly think that 1 day street freestyle will be apart of the x games. They let freestyle motocross become a x games sport then y not street freestyle? They're starting to do it in arenas now where its the intermission during fmx shows and at races
yea i know what ur talking about but what about rules? handbrakes, bars, cheater pegs, stabalizers, db bars, there are so many factors to take into consideration...
Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by teamclc
Glama i voted sex Nothing happened
im sorry that u cant get it up!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Group Moderator

GSE Brent is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i know what ur talking about but what about rules? handbrakes, bars, cheater pegs, stabalizers, db bars, there are so many factors to take into consideration...
Yes thats true but all those items are almost necessities. I think there should be classes like from amature to pro class.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 AM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it would ruin the sport, it would become just another trend.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:31 AM

Ninja63619 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats totally true. I saw some post the other day on here , cant remember which one, and i started thinking this sport is exactly like skateboarding when it first started getting popular back in the day,when the tricks were done on the board with only the heal raised up, I remember back in the early 90"s skating wasnt really populary yet but up and coming. Everybody hated them, hated them skating everywhere and would put up signs and call the cops when they were , and automatically labeling them as some Stoner Punk Kid. Now look at it , 95% of citys in the U.S have a skatepark near by, and if theres not theres one 30 minutes away from where some kid lives. Theres tons of pro"s , tons, and tons of kids getting sponsored by companys and local shops , I have two really good friends from high school back home in the bay area who went pro.This sport right now is how skating was back in the late 80"s early 90"s , more and more people are getting into it , more and more little kids are stunting 50"s and cant wait till there 16 to get a bike to stunt, and its attracting more and more big companys who want to get into this sport to sponsor it. I think in a little over 10 years maybe less people will start to see it mainstream.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:01 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i personally wouldnt mind seein it mainstream but how many other ppl enjoy watching stunting as we do here on stuntlife?? i mean sure your average joe gets jealous when he sees someone on a bike doin a wheelie with ease on the streets and thinks to himself hmm i wanna be that guy but doesnt have enough *****.. so if it goes mainstream thers gonna be alot of idiots riding around thinkin theyre hot stuff but on the good note it will be recognized as a sport instead of just stuntin
Old 12-12-2005, 02:08 AM

TrafficCriminal can only hope to improve

I like it underground...
As far as will it go mainstraem hard to tell still...look at Flat land freestyle on bicycles cool as **** to watch but never made it big..and none of the riders make any real money...
Old 12-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Hard at work on Stuntlife

Big Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of lightBig Jarsh is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah but you gotta look at it this way too...

People who don't know the sport, see a burn out and go nuts,
they see someone creepin by in a no hander at 5 mph and are like whoopty wooo

maybe first we should educate the people on what is cool or not.

Big Jarsh
Old 12-12-2005, 07:32 AM
$!x

$!x is a decent person

I voted yes but that was before i read the first post, good point. If it becomes mainstream it wont be as great when you see another stunter... itll just be a shrug off your shoulders.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:00 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

You have to be able to keep the crowd entertained.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:02 AM
$!x

$!x is a decent person

... and the women too haha

Quick Reply: Do you want to see this sport become mainstream?