clutch wheelie = burnout

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 10:16 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person
Re: clutch wheelie = burnout

Originally Posted by Gsxr1000kid666
hes had the 954 for a few months now. but it still has some trouble in 2nd pow pow pow pow powa wheeeeeeelie

You don't tell me what ****ing problems I have with any gear. I can pull it up in 4th gear now.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:21 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

you can clutch wheelies up in cold cold cold weather just depends on the tire,how much you've warmed it up and how good of a rider you are to bring the bike up...i was clutching wheelies in the rain on my zx7r in first gear...if it can be done on wet roads it can be done on cold ones..
Old 11-08-2004, 10:22 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

your most likely giving it to much gas. less on the throttle
Old 11-08-2004, 10:24 PM

Gsxr1000kid666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
You don't tell me what ****ing problems I have with any gear. I can pull it up in 4th gear now.
uh oh i smell the battle of the 17 year olds... i know you are but what am i?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:51 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

lol, he aimed me "what the *** is your problem"

if you warmed up your tires enough, then I'll belive you can clutch it up just fine, but you didn't say that, it can be 60 degrees outside, and you still need to warm up your tire enough to grab.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:42 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I didnt think Texans knew about cold tires?

Work on your bouncing technique. Shift your weight back, as well as up.

Let the clutch out slightly slower too.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:03 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 01 katana 600 in desperate need of a new rear tire, it has 9k on it and has literally NO tread in the center and I clutched up a few this morning when it was 27 out. It's definitely possible.
It works a ton easier doing stand ups instead of sit downs. More weight is on the back tire giving it more traction, making it harder for it to spin.
It only takes a little bit to warm it up, just a few laps around the parking lot or ride for a mile or so.
You're clutching it so you may be just giving too many revs before you drop the clutch, try not clutching up to balance point right away, instead clutch it up maybe half, 3/4 of the way and then use the engine to bring it the rest of the way up. That way you're not putting as much power to the ground and it will be easier for the tire not to spin.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:56 PM

Memphisgsxr600 is an unknown quantity at this point

I second that post, USE LESS THROTTLE. When you dump the clutch, then roll on the gas so the initial power from dumping the clutch will not spin the tire it will lerch the bike when the tire grips and roll on the throttle to bring it to the sky.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:55 PM

GSXRstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mekrew
where u ride at and with who ... me and some buddies have a pretty good stop we go and practice on the weekends unless you have some good ones
i live in friendswood and i just ride with a few of my buddies but we're always lookin for places to ride and practice so hit me up with a pm or something if you wanna ride sometime
Old 11-09-2004, 08:03 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you rev before you clutch? One of my buddies was doing the same thing for a while. His problem was toomuch gas before the wheelie even started.

It happens to me occasionally too, but if you start with less gas and then add (alot) more gas just a split second after you satrt to engage the clutch, you will have less trouble with spinning the rear tire as you would if you rev high and then dump it.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:55 PM

i practiced again today and i started picking it up better with the clutch but when it picks up high i got kinda scared(i know im a bitch haha) and then i decided to try power wheelies and they definatly come up wat faster than i thought the did and pretty damn high too
Old 11-09-2004, 11:35 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

i still dont know how people do powerwheelies i just dont like em ... thats all my friend does on his r6 .. probably cause bike weighs like 2lbs ...

keep workin on clutching them up .. if u want if we ride this weekend we will probably film and u can watch it and notice how high u are getting compared to how high u think you are ... dax did this for me and it helped alot cause i could of swore i was soo high , but i really wasnt

keep that brake covered just incase i sent you a pm
Old 11-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Dax

Dax is an unknown quantity at this point

i still dont know how people do powerwheelies i just dont like em ... thats all my friend does on his r6 .. probably cause bike weighs like 2lbs ...

keep workin on clutching them up .. if u want if we ride this weekend we will probably film and u can watch it and notice how high u are getting compared to how high u think you are ... dax did this for me and it helped alot cause i could of swore i was soo high , but i really wasnt

That's the same thing the guys from TDM taught me, nothing better than seeing how high we're not getting on video.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:14 AM

yeah the power wheelies arent smooth at all but i think im gonn astick to clutch wheelies for now anyways that way i can keep teh speed down a little while im learning. and you asked if i was the kid on the black and yellow gsxr its not me but hes one of my friends that i rdie with, but yeah ill hit you up with a pm friday but just so you knwo i heard its supposed to get freezin *** cold this weekend.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:32 AM

ouch ... high of 64 .. low of 50 on sat ... oh well ill probably still be down .. a thermal and my jacket im good to go ...
Old 11-10-2004, 02:01 PM

hey you stunt out on a 50 right? i think i saw you up @ a car show @ target like 2 months ago
Old 11-10-2004, 02:22 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
I didnt think Texans knew about cold tires?

Work on your bouncing technique. Shift your weight back, as well as up.

Let the clutch out slightly slower too.

what everybody said is right about the tire. Warming it up, etc.. but jesus lets repeat ourselved over and over and talk about warming up your tire for 5 years...

along with what MikeM said. Let out your clutch slower. You shouldn't completely let go and hang on for the ride. Learn where your clutch grab point is, and do it a little slower.

you'll be fine, just takes practice.. This is why clutching is so much more controlled. I still see people dumping that clutch all the time. 1 finger will do the job.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by GSXRstunter
hey you stunt out on a 50 right? i think i saw you up @ a car show @ target like 2 months ago
ya that was probably me and my friend out there playing around .. i love that little thing
Old 11-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

i think your timing is a little off when you are slipping the clutch

when i first started clutching it up my tire would spin too, so i learned to clutch it up in second and worked my way down to first. dont really spin the tire anymore becuase i know how to clutch it up with some teqnique now instead of just hammering the throttle and letting the clutch out
Old 11-10-2004, 07:32 PM

i still dont know how people clutch it in 1st ... its just too twitchy too fast ... ive got it to where i can clutch 2nd at about 20-25 so im happy with that .. 1st ...

Quick Reply: clutch wheelie = burnout