Whatever it takes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:55 PM

tuhy979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever it takes

A few months ago I was trying to rid out my standups longer and the only problem I was having was steering them, I'd always go to the right. I started a thread asking how to steer stand-ups. I got some pretty good feedback but there was one tip that stood out. Not at the time but later on, at the time I thought it was a lame answer to my problem. I don't remember who it was that replied, but he told me to "Do whatever it takes" to steer my bike on one wheel. I've never gotten a better tip yet. Don't get me wrong I've gotten some really good feedback, but every time I'm learning a new trick those words are going through my head. Point is even if you think someone's giving you a answer, it could end up being the best advice you've ever heard. Every tip is a good tip. And don't forget those that help you on this site. Lates.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:03 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve
Re: Whatever it takes

my zx7r tends to drive right when i do stand ups.are you putting your left foot on your rear peg? i just do that and put more of my weight to the left like my elbow and knee sticking out to the left or just leaning that far..just practice you'll figure it out
Old 09-23-2004, 01:21 AM

wintersucks is an unknown quantity at this point

i stubbled on my own solusion by accident. all i simply do is 1. lean a little bit in the direction that i wanna go, and 2. i turn the bars in the opposite direction that you wish to go. next time you are up a wheelie just try and slowly turn them from side, then slowly to the other and you should see what i mean. no quick movements or it will probobly start to walk on you, sorta like a 1 wheeled tank slapper. it takes patients and practice. hope i could help
Old 09-23-2004, 06:37 PM

tuhy979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya'll don't get my point. I learned how to steer standups a long time ago. My point is, you should listen to everyones advice wethe rit sounds like shat or not. Thanks for the tips but that little problem was solved a while ago.