2ng gear sitdowns

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 02:15 PM

01CbR929RR is an unknown quantity at this point
2ng gear sitdowns

at what speed/rpm do you guys do your 2nd gear sitdowns ?!? im sure its possible but my fat *** cant seem to get it up. i have an 01 cbr 929rr . im too scared to bounce it up yet but from what ive read i shouldnt have to. whats a good speed/rpm to try in 2nd gear ?
Old 09-02-2004, 02:23 PM

VULTURE FOO! is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2ng gear sitdowns

Originally Posted by 01CbR929RR
at what speed/rpm do you guys do your 2nd gear sitdowns ?!? im sure its possible but my fat *** cant seem to get it up. i have an 01 cbr 929rr . im too scared to bounce it up yet but from what ive read i shouldnt have to. whats a good speed/rpm to try in 2nd gear ?
I'm still a rookie but when I am doing the 2nd gear sitdowns, I'm going about 40 mph. Clutch it up, and up it comes....the most important thing is your body position. I know when I first started doing wheelies, I would catch myself sloped over the tank...scoot your **** all the way back on the seat and try to sit up straight so you take most of your weight off of the handlebars. Make sure you cover the rear brake, that's another story to get used too. I also did power ups in second but you'll end up way tooooo fast for your first time. Power ups was alway unpredictable. I would wrap on the throttle and I would get baby bounces and then try right after that and I would get 3" all day??? Be safe!!! Later-Skater :YEAH
Old 09-02-2004, 06:54 PM

Joes01R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have finally learned how to get it up in second. I have a 01 R6 with a -1 in the back. I go to 6grand and clutch that bitch. She comes right up 95% of the time. You could sit back alittle that may help. :YEAH That 929rr shouldnt need much help hahahha
Old 09-02-2004, 10:13 PM

nemisis00sc is an unknown quantity at this point

im doing the same thing...i just did my first power wheelie tonight,,,very addicting.im hooked. but i still cant seem to clutch it up in 1st or 2nd....i get my rpms up to about 6 or 7 and pull the clutch in and wack on the gas and pop it out but i just get a big jolt forward..i have and 03 gsxr 600..any help??????
Old 09-02-2004, 11:22 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joes01R6
I have finally learned how to get it up in second. I have a 01 R6 with a -1 in the back. I go to 6grand and clutch that bitch. She comes right up 95% of the time. You could sit back alittle that may help. :YEAH That 929rr shouldnt need much help hahahha
-1 in the back?? why the hell would u do that??

BTW, my buddy has an 01 929, he can get that thing up in 4th gear on the highway, and hes skinny as hell... size and weight have nothing to do with it... drop your psi in the rear a little bit... go about 40-45 just sit all the way back, keep all your weight back, pull in the clutch and wack the hell out of the throttle, but do it fast... cover the rear brake.... that was a really half assed post, but im too tired to get into detail.. ask me again tomorrow...
Old 09-03-2004, 12:18 AM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRR-riderx
-1 in the back?? why the hell would u do that??

BTW, my buddy has an 01 929, he can get that thing up in 4th gear on the highway, and hes skinny as hell... size and weight have nothing to do with it... drop your psi in the rear a little bit... go about 40-45 just sit all the way back, keep all your weight back, pull in the clutch and wack the hell out of the throttle, but do it fast... cover the rear brake.... that was a really half assed post, but im too tired to get into detail.. ask me again tomorrow...
yer wheelies are garbage, stfu!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 01:01 AM

01CbR929RR is an unknown quantity at this point

im thinkin my weight has SOMETHING to do with it. i am 6'4" @ 270 lbs... ive been trying 2nd gear at about 50 (maybe a little faster) i pull in the clutch, rev it to the moon, and then drop it. the front end maybe comes up a few inches but thats about it. i can ride out frist gear power ups (need to get up higher, just watched a tape of myself.. what feels like 12o'clock is actually about 4 ) ill try goin slower.. just started practicing clutchin it up too, seems alot cooler doing that because u can bring the front up at the dtop of a dime. not like power wheelies where i have to make sure im at 4500 rpm.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:30 PM

suicidalkings is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nemisis00sc
im doing the same thing...i just did my first power wheelie tonight,,,very addicting.im hooked. but i still cant seem to clutch it up in 1st or 2nd....i get my rpms up to about 6 or 7 and pull the clutch in and wack on the gas and pop it out but i just get a big jolt forward..i have and 03 gsxr 600..any help??????
cluch it at like 10,000 , but i suggest not whatching your tach, a higher drop will not jolt your body, it will send your body straight up smooth as a babys but. dont worry about loopin it i've cluched my gix 1000 at redline w/ no problems.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:43 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

im thinkin my weight has SOMETHING to do with it. i am 6'4" @ 270 lbs... ive been trying 2nd gear at about 50 (maybe a little faster) i pull in the clutch, rev it to the moon, and then drop it. the front end maybe comes up a few inches but thats about it. i can ride out frist gear power ups (need to get up higher, just watched a tape of myself.. what feels like 12o'clock is actually about 4 ) ill try goin slower.. just started practicing clutchin it up too, seems alot cooler doing that because u can bring the front up at the dtop of a dime. not like power wheelies where i have to make sure im at 4500 rpm.
Use the same technique that you do with your power wheelies. Just do the same with Clutching it up. Are you used to clutching up wheelies at all? You'll get the feel for everything, and you learn where your bike responds better.

I would start a little slower, maybe around 30-35'ish. Just get used to sitting all the way back, and learning where your body weight is compared to your wheel base and picking up wheelies.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:51 PM

TaildrgnGSXR is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]Just get used to sitting all the way back, and learning where your body weight is compared to your wheel base and picking up wheelies.[/QUOTE]

That was the key for me...when I first started clutchin up second I found I was huggin the tank scared I was gonna loop it ....sittin back on the seat made all the difference
Old 09-03-2004, 03:22 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

yea, it gets a little scary once you switch your weight around. Makes all the difference in the world.Just gotta get used to it. Practice! and cover the rear brake. get that chizzled in your brain.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:27 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snigg
yer wheelies are garbage, stfu!!!
well see whats garbage... the casts came of f*cker... its on now.... as soon as i put my bike back together, or u let me borrow that 900rr u got til mines fixed...
Old 09-03-2004, 04:42 PM

Neuby is an unknown quantity at this point

All bikes will come up in second by clutching. When I first got mines and was learning, I could sit forward and lean forward then still the bike would come up at 30mph by clutching. Then I thought my clutch went out till recently I discoverd at 66mph it came up when I was leaning forward, by clutching it. So now I sit all the way back and can start from 30-60mph and clutch it up easy, I stand as soon as it comes up tho.
I haven't had much luck with powering my bike for crap. You should try clutching it, to me it feels like you have more control.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:20 AM

R1Psycho is an unknown quantity at this point

Size and weight isn't that big of a factor. I am 6' 2" and weigh about 270 and I can rock it on sit downs and stand ups. All you need to do is get as far back on your seat as you can go, get up to about 50 and pop that clutch. As soon as it starts to come up, lean back a little. If she comes up too fast, tap the rear brake. If you are too freaked out to bouch it up, then try sitting on the passenger seat, put your left foot on the rear peg and pop that clutch at about 35 or so and as soon as it comes up just stand...and there is your first stand up. If you use the rear peg, it won't kill your arms as much as standing on the front pegs, and you can actually see where you are going. Practice, practice, practice and then practice some more.