F4i stunter tank

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i stunter tank

Ok i just bought an f4i and i know they have a bit of a narrower tank that some other bikes. such as gsxrs and my 900rr. What would you say is the best way to dent this tank so that it looks good and i dont loose much feul capacity? Should i take it off the bike when i do it? With my 900rr i took a 10lb weight and pounded it down. I'm not a big fan of this method anymore. Please give some suggestions. Thx
Old 08-16-2004, 12:30 AM

Reeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4i stunter tank

carefull.. If your sitting on the bike open the cap and stick your finger in the cap and feel the upper right side of your tank I think that's a pickup or something. We did my homies and that portion creased cause it bottomed out on the hump on the bottom of the tank(where the airbox sits) If you get er done sick like post or PM me with what you did

Peace Reeff
Old 08-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by Reeff
carefull.. If your sitting on the bike open the cap and stick your finger in the cap and feel the upper right side of your tank I think that's a pickup or something. We did my homies and that portion creased cause it bottomed out on the hump on the bottom of the tank(where the airbox sits) If you get er done sick like post or PM me with what you did

Peace Reeff
yeah, i know exactly what your talking about. I've seen tha but i didn't know what i was. It didn't even cross my mind when i thought about denting it. i hope someone can give us both some advice then. Thx for the reminder though.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:42 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Try to find a dented up tank off ebay or something to try on usually go fairly cheap. i've seen alot of tanks dent naturally from highchair stunts ect. But F4i tanks seem pretty tough, Try a rubber mallet and take your time.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by f4istunna
Try to find a dented up tank off ebay or something to try on usually go fairly cheap. i've seen alot of tanks dent naturally from highchair stunts ect. But F4i tanks seem pretty tough, Try a rubber mallet and take your time.
You ride an F4i, did you dent yours or did it dent naturally? I'm just afraid to make my tank look like a chunk of scrap metal. It's pretty nice and it only has one little ding in it. I dont wanna go through the trouble with an ebay tank. If i use a mollot, where should i start and how should i do it? should i take it off the bike? thx
Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 PM

Reeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Kyle woods says in his wheelie video start on the part around your gas cap and work your way outward. Maybe others have a different way or they have seen that video and can explain it better...

Reeff
Old 08-17-2004, 04:28 AM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by Reeff
Kyle woods says in his wheelie video start on the part around your gas cap and work your way outward. Maybe others have a different way or they have seen that video and can explain it better...

Reeff
thx for the tip. i need more suggestions before i do it though
Old 08-17-2004, 05:09 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Idont care what anyone says. Ive dented in 6 tanks with this method and it worked everytime.. Ive seen 4 tanks done with hammers and it DID NOT WORK, i.e. leaks, broken caps etc.

-- Have two people hold the bike, YOU stand on it and jump with your heals evenly stomping down on the tank. Start at the cap and move backwards. Dont dent in front of the cap, you'll hit the airbox and cause leaks. I personally finished the job with a small/mini sledge, hitting the tank with only the weight of the hammer in small *INDIRECT* hits to 'form' it. My F4, buddies R6 (notorious for not denting well), buddies Gixxer 750, buddies YZF6, buddies Gixxer 6 ALL came out perfect with this method.

Good luck.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

get buck *** naked and sit on your tank, then take a sharpee and trace arround ur ***... then i dunno but it sounds like it could work
Old 08-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by MasterShake
get buck *** naked and sit on your tank, then take a sharpee and trace arround ur ***... then i dunno but it sounds like it could work
sounds tempting, and it just might work the best :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by Mike_3SicK6
Idont care what anyone says. Ive dented in 6 tanks with this method and it worked everytime.. Ive seen 4 tanks done with hammers and it DID NOT WORK, i.e. leaks, broken caps etc.

-- Have two people hold the bike, YOU stand on it and jump with your heals evenly stomping down on the tank. Start at the cap and move backwards. Dont dent in front of the cap, you'll hit the airbox and cause leaks. I personally finished the job with a small/mini sledge, hitting the tank with only the weight of the hammer in small *INDIRECT* hits to 'form' it. My F4, buddies R6 (notorious for not denting well), buddies Gixxer 750, buddies YZF6, buddies Gixxer 6 ALL came out perfect with this method.

Good luck.

Exactly like i said in the begining, the f4 and f4i and the r6 all have very small narrow tanks. Stomping on this tank will almost gaurentee damage to the airbox or cutting through the rubber spacers. I wish i could just sit on it and bounce until it forms but i only weigh 140. it would never dent that way. My 900rr has a pretty nice shape but it was wrected just before i dented in the tank so it already has a deep dent int he side. that through everything on top off.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:40 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point

this is how my f4i tank looks like

i used a rubber mallet and a tshirt
i just crashed my bike acouple weeks ago and i need a new tank..... so ill take pictures this time when i dent in the tank.......maybe make a tank denting 101.
ill get back at cha.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by a56kuser
this is how my f4i tank looks like

i used a rubber mallet and a tshirt
i just crashed my bike acouple weeks ago and i need a new tank..... so ill take pictures this time when i dent in the tank.......maybe make a tank denting 101.
ill get back at cha.

good pic. how does it work for you? I would amagine pretty nice. where did you start with the mallot? Does your tank rattle at all? Fuel capacity? Pretty cose to the same or not?
Old 08-20-2004, 05:08 AM
718 boyz

sirhatchalot is an unknown quantity at this point

did anyone ever try getting some clear grip tape from a skateshop and putting it on the tank? i would definitly hold you in place.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by sirhatchalot
did anyone ever try getting some clear grip tape from a skateshop and putting it on the tank? i would definitly hold you in place.

i have never had a problem with sliding off a tank. i dont like grip for anything but tank stands. There has been times doing spreaders and stuff to where if i wasn't able to just slide off the tank back on to the seat then i would of been bounce right off the front of the bike From comming down hard. People have different styles. Do whats best for you. I do have a fabric material just over my gas tank for the littlest bit of grip but it still allows me to slide around if needed. :YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-21-2004, 09:38 AM

i started the main dent right in front of the gas cap........the rest was strategically hit around it.............. i have used clear grip tape before.........its a lil too grippy for my liking........and itll rip your pants........ also grip tape tends to wear out in time............best bet is surf board grip.
but i didnt put surfboard grip this time....... i didnt see the need for it.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by a56kuser
i started the main dent right in front of the gas cap........the rest was strategically hit around it.............. i have used clear grip tape before.........its a lil too grippy for my liking........and itll rip your pants........ also grip tape tends to wear out in time............best bet is surf board grip.
but i didnt put surfboard grip this time....... i didnt see the need for it.

So i should start my first dent right in front of the cap and work my way around? Should i use a rubber mallot? should i take the tank off the bike? Thx for your help man.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by teamclc
So i should start my first dent right in front of the cap and work my way around? Should i use a rubber mallot? should i take the tank off the bike? Thx for your help man.
thats what i did......... usually it takes two hard hits to get the dent started........ i started on in the center in front of the cap.... then top right, then top left. bottom right then bottom left........ its pretty ugly at this point.... and this is where you just tap on the rubber mallet to make it look smooth........ i always use a shirt to cover the tank so the rubber mallet dont really leave any scuff marks (like it matters ) both times i dented my tank i did NOT take it off my bike..