3rd gear bounce on a 600 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 05:36 PM

Makone4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bouncing 3rd

I hate bouncing with the clutch so when I load the forks, right at the point where I'm pushing down (with my arms only, no legs) I let off the gas. Then when the forks start to rebound, I lean back, pull up and lay on the throttle.
Now, I'm on a 750 with stock gears and do this in 2nd at like 45 mph but it works perfect for me. Hope this helps. Just remember to cover your rear brake when you do this s#!t though.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:21 PM

ericgsxr is a decent person
Here... hoist it up in first, click, click, now you're in third, still in the air, and your problem is solved... wasn't that easy!

Old 11-08-2003, 06:22 PM

gixxer6BB is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i would do that but my 2nd gear is shot. so no clicky from 1st 2nd gear wheelies otherwise it just drops down
Old 11-08-2003, 08:04 PM

Originally posted by gixxer6BB
yea i would do that but my 2nd gear is shot. so no clicky from 1st 2nd gear wheelies otherwise it just drops down
aight then...I don't know about the speed that you would have to get it to on your bike in 3rd but I would try it this way.

Get it to where your bike will give you a lot of engine brake if you completely let off the throttle.
When you go to load the front forks, slam the throttle shut so the engine brake helps load them for you. I have to do this because I only weigh 130 lbs.
When the front starts to come back up, jam open the throttle and see how far it wants to come up. You HAVE to time all this correctly though or the bike will just seem like it's a turd and doesn't have enough power to pull the wheel up...which we all know isn't true.
If that doesn't work after you've tried it a few times, try pulling up as well when you slam open the throttle. If that doesn't work , you can even try to lean back when you're opening the throttle. Please though...always cover the brake when you're doing this.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:05 PM

marksroom is an unknown quantity at this point
hey you gotta come and ride with me and my buddies we ride in southern nh and northern mass...we can show you in person i also have a f4i so i know how to power these 6's. Pm me and we'll swap #'s
Old 11-09-2003, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by marksroom
hey you gotta come and ride with me and my buddies we ride in southern nh and northern mass...we can show you in person i also have a f4i so i know how to power these 6's. Pm me and we'll swap #'s
Dude...I'd fully come out there and jam with you guys but I live in So. Cal.
Anyway, I hope all this helps. Every thread that I've read in this forum is so helpful, I couldn't help but to toss in my . I just wish it were around when I first started riding.
Peace
Old 11-09-2003, 05:56 PM

ryde_19 is an unknown quantity at this point
streetfighter it... i got an f4, -1 in the front and i dont have to work the clutch very hard at all to bring it up in 3rd.. Once i got rid of all that **** in the front it came up in 3rd like it used to come up in second. I just get it up to about 7000 rpm in 3rd and give the clutch a quick in and out and bounce a bit and it comes up fast...
Old 11-09-2003, 06:50 PM

yea i was out all day today trying to get it. im getting closer to getting it but it still seems fukin impossible. I think im only getting it like 6 inches of ground. Ive been rolling off around 8k on tach slamming the **** out of the pegs and then snapping the throttle pulling on bars and still pushing down with legs while leaning back and it will only come off ground half foot, i think for all i know it hasnt even left the pavement.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:40 AM

flyguy4484 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 03 r6 , third gear no problem, With no clutch... but i gotta be doing like 80+ bounce, bounce twist. Kinda scary but it works. Cover your brake! goodluck
Old 11-23-2003, 04:58 PM

FINALLY FUKIN WHEELIED 3RD I have been trying to do this for like 2 months. I pretty much had given up on it till i tried it again today. I was going around 78 - 80mph (i got a -1 in front). I rolled off and lieterally jumped off my seat and carried all my weight down and slammed the **** out of the pegs and snapped teh throttle and gave the bars a hard pull. That bitch came up a few feet off ground. I didnt reall ride it out i had it up for few seconds then let that **** back down. I think i let off by accident cuz i couldnt believe i was actually wheelying 3rd. This calls for a session.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:35 PM

CrazyAssKracka is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, congradu-frikkin-lations. Just jokin. Way to go man. I wish I wasn't in the coldest friggin state in the US, cause I would be out stuntin like a motha tonight. Clear skies is awesome. NOW THATS A 12!
Old 11-23-2003, 11:04 PM

locro is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 11-24-2003, 02:19 AM

FINALLY FUKIN WHEELIED 3RD I have been trying to do this for like 2 months. I pretty much had given up on it till i tried it again today. I was going around 78 - 80mph (i got a -1 in front). I rolled off and lieterally jumped off my seat and carried all my weight down and slammed the **** out of the pegs and snapped teh throttle and gave the bars a hard pull. That bitch came up a few feet off ground. I didnt reall ride it out i had it up for few seconds then let that **** back down. I think i let off by accident cuz i couldnt believe i was actually wheelying 3rd. This calls for a session.
Dude...Congrats! I had originally posted that I was pulling the bars up and then went out riding with a friend of mine. I told him what I was doing and knew that I could do it on my bike without pulling up on my bars. He goes...."watch this." I paced him and he bounced it in second and blasted a fat wheelie down the street. No clutch, no pulling up, no loading the bars when bouncing.
I started practicing and did it a few times with no luck, then all the sudden, the timing was there and....without pulling on the bars or anything, that bitch came up with no problem. It's all about timing. I just wanted to throw that at ya because I was thinking about this thread and didn't want you going out there and grabbing a bunch of throttle and pulling up and loopin' it. Trust me, when you get the timing down, you won't have to pull up at all. It'll just jump on ya all the way to BP and you'll be stoked. Anyway, I just wanted to drop that little note of caution on ya.
Keep killin' it!
Old 11-24-2003, 07:24 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Brandon96311 is an unknown quantity at this point
R6bbie Does anyone think there is bad advice in here?

What works for others may not work for you. He said that he is now jumping so hard on the bike and it finally came up. Congrats on that by why all the jumping when you can just slip the clutch and be up there in no time. Second, noone is saying they are betting there bikes that it can't be done, they are just trying to give advice to someone who is asking a question. I can bounce a third gear to but why would I when it is like 10 times smoother to just clutch the foker up there. Congrats on your accomplishment!
Old 11-24-2003, 07:05 PM

ive tried clutching in 3rd just seems to sketcy clutching it up while going 80mp while standing
Old 11-25-2003, 12:05 AM

marksroom is an unknown quantity at this point
you should get ur 2nd gear fixed and try that first ..tahts fast with no experience clutching
Old 11-25-2003, 10:47 AM

yeai actually got a kid who wants to by my bike its got 12,600 miles on it for an 01. I bought it for 5800$ and some kid wants to buy it and replace the gear himself. Im thinking of doing this cuz it would save me a big fukin headache. the book value is still $5800. Im thinking of selling it for $4800- $5k You think i should try to sell it to this kid.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:56 AM

JKewLr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
i can bounce my 636 in 3rd and my old 02 r6 in 3rd i was hawlin *** but it can be done with alittle prac. just bounce really hard and yack it.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:34 PM

cstmgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont even care im trying everything i read just cuz ive been wanting to get 3rd up so bad. My second gear is shot, and 1st gear is only fun for so long. So all im left with on my 600 is 3rd gear unless i get new sprockets. I wouldnt say theres any bad advice besides the people saying you need the clutch . Cuz ive seen 3rd gear bounced on stock.
bro look....this is what you do...get used to doing them in second, try harder and harder to do them at slower sppeds (that way your technich is improving) get a second gear bounce at 40 mpah and you can do it in third, but you have to have your revs up alot....i have a 98 gixx 6 (-1 in front) which is way heavier than yours and i can do it.....and practice it going up hill till you get better at it. once you can do it, then try it on flat land.....it took me 3 months to be able to do it in third, now its easy, i pulled on up at 115mph 3 days ago, and rode it till i hit limit, came down and looked i was at 132mph, so yes it can be done
Old 11-26-2003, 05:51 PM

vojacekf4i is an unknown quantity at this point
go one down in the front, should be able to do fourth gear stand up

Quick Reply: 3rd gear bounce on a 600 ?