wanna learn stand ups and stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

bigdog900rr is an unknown quantity at this point
wanna learn stand ups and stoppies

just gettin into to stunting can any one help on how to do stand ups and stoppies iv'e got the wheelie thing down but cant stand up and stoopies what the hell do you do to get the rear up? thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 03:39 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Stoppies are the easiet. I learned in a few hours. Just go like 10mph and then grab the brake, your front end will compress, and then grab it a little harder and it'll kinda come off the ground a few inches. Just go off that and go a little faster and grab a little hrader. Just use common sense and don't pull the brake all the way to the throttle. You are going to go head over heels. I just can't do rolling endos. My wheelies are coming sort of. I can get it up everytime in first gear but haven''t got it up to bp. For second I clutch it and am learning the clutching technique. Again I can get it up every time but am experimenting with it so I learn without getting F'd up...... For my standups I just start going to about 40-50 or whatever in 2nd, let off the gas and bounce with it when I hit the gas. So bounce and on your rebound your hitting the gas. I am getting that down pretty good too. I again can get it up every time but need to adjust some of the things I am doing to get it higher. All during this I am standing up. In second. I sit down when I am clutching 2nd, and most of the time I will do the same for 1st gear. I standup in first and is a different feel and practice on that.

All I can say and what alot of these guys are going to tell you is it takes practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice..............

You'll get it. I am just now geting it. Once I finish and master these its time for the freeway. I also might ractice Christs today. I saw a guy do it last night and it looks pretty good and doesn't seem very hard................