Another Weelie ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 10:35 PM

H Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Another Weelie ????

Yo Whats Up. I'm having some problems with stand-ups.What I'm doing is bouncing it up in 2nd.I can't get a feel for where the bike is.As soon as I get it up,my mind freaks out and I let off the gas. Do I need to drop back to 1st.Where it comes up easier and at a slower speed. Or try to glance down at the headlights.I don't know maybe I just need to just hold the damn thing and see whats happens.So if anyone can help Give me shout. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:20 AM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo, practice makes perfect. Plain and simple, it's like learning all over again.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:41 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Raybone is an unknown quantity at this point
im with tick practice makes perfect....once you do it for a while it will feel like second nature
Old 10-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Group Moderator

JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Somethin to try... Get the front end up in 2nd (shifting from 1st or whatever means) while sitting. Once you are at the balance point..stand up..it is that easy! This may give you a feeling of where you have to be. Had to do this on my YZF 600R.
Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2002, 11:50 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
stand straight up. bounce the bike up in second and pull towards you. when you can see the front tire you are good and near balance point. Then lean back a little. Look at Nag's avatar.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:01 AM

KAWMAN13(IMF) is an unknown quantity at this point
IF U CAN DO A STAND UP IN FIRST THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO STAND IT UP IN SECOND.....SECOND COMES UP SMOOTHER
Old 10-11-2002, 12:15 PM

jmacdaddyt is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm with kawman- and by the way first comes up a lot faster than second and is harder to balance. If you can get it up in first and balance it keep working with first, that's what I had to do. Once you can balance it in first just shift to second without the clutch, should start to become second nature. Remember to cover that back brake, 'cause second won't bring you back down as fast as first will.:p :cool:
Old 10-11-2002, 12:24 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by TwistedPimp
stand straight up. bounce the bike up in second and pull towards you. when you can see the front tire you are good and near balance point. Then lean back a little. Look at Nag's avatar.
Here ya go. That pic is decent, but not as high as I usually ride them. My highway wheelies are VERY high though.. Much higher than they need to be, but they look cool
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelie5.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1988  
Old 10-11-2002, 12:25 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
This is closer to my normal height. Often times my windscreen will be against my chest.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelie8_good.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1989  
Old 10-11-2002, 01:00 PM

H Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the help.I have not had any luck in 1st either. But I will drop back to first gear.I think it's just a visual thing.But thanks. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Old 10-11-2002, 01:04 PM

By the way... All my highway wheelies are in 3rd gear.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:08 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
You're bike is too pretty Nags. You need to let me break it in for ya. I'll come down this weekend and practice learning 12's on it, sound good?
Old 10-11-2002, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Dirty B
You're bike is too pretty Nags. You need to let me break it in for ya. I'll come down this weekend and practice learning 12's on it, sound good?
I know. I can't stand it. I regret buying a new bike all the time. It really holds me back