Where's That Balance Point?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 03:46 PM
SLY

SLY is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Where's That Balance Point?!?

I think I understand now. I've had my bike about a month now and I can ride wheelies pretty good at any height I feel comfortable winding it out to rev limiter in first, I can shift it into second and keep it up for a lil while but it keeps coming down. I want to be able to ride slower steadier wheelies like holding it at like 10 grand and keeping it up. I’ve heard the higher you go the less acceleration it takes to keep you up, but I thought I was almost riding 12's however, I recently took a vid of me doing some sit-down and stand up wheelies.. I'm only riding dim about a 10:30, So I figure I can go higher. Every time I go higher though, it feels like I’m falling over backwards? I can't find my "balance point". Is that it? Is the balance point where you feel like you are falling backwards? If you would I could use some feed back, before I go out and ride a wheelie back so far that it feels like I should fall over. Thanks
Old 09-29-2003, 06:05 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
You need to lean back further. ANd keep your arms straight. You're almost there.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:20 PM

honda4life is an unknown quantity at this point
depending on what kind of bike you have when you are at balance point you cant see in front of you. its a big trip scared the $%^T out of me for a while then it was fine
keep going you will get it.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:21 AM

JKewLr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know much about the honda RR but i know its more of a track bike so i would imagine the balance point would be alittle higher than some of the other 600's. when doing standups it helps to lock your knees i think also leaning back will lower the balance point I think i dont have problems balancing mine. I am sure it feels your going over cause your not use to it when the bike revs stay constand the bike is normally balanced. Try wheeliing up long hills to that helps alot i swear i slow wheelies down going up long somewhat steep hills.