The inside of my wheel moves around, whats that mean?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Free Riders

AnthonyR6 is a decent person
The inside of my wheel moves around, whats that mean?

I pulled my wheel off my stunt f4i, and pulled the forks to do fork seals. Fork seals went surprisingly well, filled them up, and bolted them back up. Now when I went to put the wheel on, one of the rotors is hitting the fork on one side... so i'm like huh, i figured i had the spacers on the wrong side, so i swapped the spacers, now the other rotor is hitting the other fork!

So now i'm thinking i grabbed the wrong spacers for the wheel, but I didn't... So i'm sitting here looking around, i had a spare wheel that i know is a little bent, but I threw the same spacers on that bent wheel and put it up, slid the axel in and its fine... decent clearance on both rotors. So Im comparing the bent wheel to my current wheel, and notice, if I stick my finger where the axel goes in the bent wheel i'm not able to move that center cylinder thing around. But if I stick my finger in my current wheel that i'm trying to put on, i'm able to easily move the center cylinder around a couple centimeters in all directions..

What does this mean? anything? need new bearings? but what's strange is, i had this same wheel on before i did the fork seals and it was fine... i thought.. didn't rub rotors i know that.

And i know the forks on on the right side obviously.

any input is appreciated, i was tryin to ride tonight but thats not gunna happen, wanna get this goin for the weekend

Last edited by AnthonyR6; 05-25-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Free Riders

AnthonyR6 is a decent person
Re: The inside of my wheel moves around, whats that mean?

just an update in case anyone uses this for a reference in the future, I've come to the conclusion one of these forks are bent, so i'm getting them straitened. hopefully that'll do the trick. I don't know why the inside of this wheel moves around but i was told it may be designed that way..