06 636 exhaust valve??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:51 PM

da Liks is a decent person
06 636 exhaust valve??

sooowwww.. I got myself an 06 636

i took off the stock exhaust today and it had a valve on it, controlled by a servo under the seat. what is it and what does it do? i think it's something like the 929 exup valve. Or is this thing just for noise reduction? can i leave the cables unplugged?

thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 04:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 06 636 exhaust valve??

the valve gives you low end power at low rpm and when disconnected the bike doesnt pull as good but they do make servo elimination kits , if you decide not to go with the servo elimination kit there should be a servo stop that comes with your aftermarket exhaust ...

the servo is the part under the seat that actuates the valve via the cables and the computer needs to be fooled to thinking the servo is still operating the exhaust valve or the bike will not pull on idle at all ..

in my humble opinion the 05 06 636 pulls best on idle with the stock exhaust ...
Old 11-30-2009, 04:52 PM

ok thanks rog.. that what i thought. So its gonna be a bitch everytime i wanna take off the exhaust. o well..
Old 12-01-2009, 03:50 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

yup he basically answered it well for ya. i have a set of twin carbon two bros pipes on mine and a power commander and no cables and mine pulls great on idle, i havent actually hit idle on a 636 with the stock exhaust so i dont have anything to compare it to but pulls great at 3-3300 rpms
Old 12-01-2009, 04:10 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ive ridden back to back 06 636's one(mine) with stock and servo and the 2nd (my friends) with 2 bros exhaust and servo eliminator. both with same gearing,cage,subcage,hb master, only diff in the bikes was the exhaust and colors. and my bike pulled significantly better than his. i also noticed when my servo motor **** itself on me, making the valve just stay open as it would with an aftermarket exhaust, the bike didnt react as strongly in the low end. either way the 636 idle pulls great, but with the stock exhuast and servo motor it pulls amazing.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:20 PM

thanks for the clear answers.. i'm keeping mine on and i will be uing an aftermarket exhaust for shows only!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:32 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by da Liks
thanks for the clear answers.. i'm keeping mine on and i will be uing an aftermarket exhaust for shows only!
you could cut the valve off of the stock exhaust pipe and weld it to the aftermarket exhaust.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:55 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
you could cut the valve off of the stock exhaust pipe and weld it to the aftermarket exhaust.
winner winner chicken dinner! neil ur so smart, if ya weren't so ugly i'd take ya on a date!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
yeah but i still have to run a stock one for practice.. so i'll make one exhaust out of 2 for the shows! good idea
Old 12-07-2009, 07:17 AM

okay, so i put the exhaust back on but noooooww: the servo has turned and i cant get the cables to fit anymore.. wtf?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by da Liks
okay, so i put the exhaust back on but noooooww: the servo has turned and i cant get the cables to fit anymore.. wtf?
you can take off the top part that the cable are connected to
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM

ok, its pretty stuck.. i'll try!