636 Dual Fan Operation Stock?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:51 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
636 Dual Fan Operation Stock?

So I was just looking at the radiator from my 03 636 and i noticed a few extra tabs that mirrored the tab locations for the cooling fan. It looks like you can mount 2 fans on the radiator STOCK the way it came from the factory here's a pic take a look. Arrows are pointing at the extra tabs:

I took the fan off, flipped it upside down and it matched the holes on the other side and it looks likes the fan's wont even touch each other if you ran DUAL:

Has anybody else noticed this? I think its pretty crazy the radiator came from Kawasaki with these extra tabs this is good.

-Alvin

Last edited by Armenian; 07-13-2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: 636 Dual Fan Operation Stock?

I noticed that when I was having a rads upper tabs welded back on, but my new motor hasnt overheated yet so I havent tried running 2 fans....
Old 07-13-2006, 11:58 AM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

crazy! Wire it up!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM

minipig is an unknown quantity at this point

most radiators have them, for racing , those japs really think about stuff huh
Old 07-13-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by minipig
most radiators have them, for racing , those japs really think about stuff huh
Actually its the complete opposite race bikes have NO fan becuase they dont stop on the track and idle, therfore there is no need for a fan as your constantly moving...
Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 PM

the guys at the track here stick extra fans on,, i aint talking about gp bikes mate
Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by minipig
the guys at the track here stick extra fans on,, i aint talking about gp bikes mate
Neither am I! Im talking any sort of race only bike, they dont need fans at all nevermind adding a 2nd...WTF would you need an extra fan on a race bike?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:47 PM

coz its 45deg in the sun, and dont want the bike running at over 120 deg, none of us use race only bikes, just take our road bikes on track
Old 07-13-2006, 03:37 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I noticed that when I was having a rads upper tabs welded back on, but my new motor hasnt overheated yet so I havent tried running 2 fans....
Yea i gotta get my tabs welded on too--im thinking about running 2 steel straps over the tab and around the radiator for extra support. This crook tried charging me 95 dollars to weld those 2 tabs on.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Armenian
Yea i gotta get my tabs welded on too--im thinking about running 2 steel straps over the tab and around the radiator for extra support. This crook tried charging me 95 dollars to weld those 2 tabs on.
Thats not really needed just get a good welder to TIG a bead along the edges...The only thing holding them on is that pin/rivit in the middle, they bend back and forth eventually breaking..You can see in this pic just 2 small beads was more then enough, that rad has been through hell and they never broke again..My new rad I had the welder lay a longer bead just for *****...

PS my welder wouldnt charge me more then $20-40 cash Canadain to weld something like that while I wait....And he will usually do it for free if I can wait a few hours for it to be done...
Old 07-13-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Thats not really needed just get a good welder to TIG a bead along the edges...The only thing holding them on is that pin/rivit in the middle, they bend back and forth eventually breaking..You can see in this pic just 2 small beads was more then enough, that rad has been through hell and they never broke again..My new rad I had the welder lay a longer bead just for *****...

PS my welder wouldnt charge me more then $20-40 cash Canadain to weld something like that while I wait....And he will usually do it for free if I can wait a few hours for it to be done...
Yea I've already had my tabs welded but the weld does'nt prevent that top piece from ripping apart the fins away from the radiator. All these **** around here want like 50-100 dollars to run a 4 inch aluminum bead what the fuuk is the world coming to.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Can you post pictures up of stuff you get done? I'd like to do this especially if I move to AZ where it's hot inthe summer.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
Can you post pictures up of stuff you get done? I'd like to do this especially if I move to AZ where it's hot inthe summer.
Yea I'm still brainstorming the dual fan idea--its 100% possible but I don't really NEED it...I got 2 fans though...
Old 12-06-2009, 08:21 PM

bfogg1253 is a decent person

has anyone wire up dual fans on 03 636 yet??
Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know...

Two stock fans will NOT work because of clearance issues with the cam sensor on the 03.

If you want to put dual fans on, you will probably have to get creative and use different fans.