air box mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:21 PM

4shzx6 is a decent person
air box mod

i got an old 98 zx6r ,anyone know how to to the air box mod on this ? heres a pic of the bike.any help would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	airbox zx6.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	229899   Click image for larger version

Name:	airbox zx6r.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	229900  
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 PM
MVS

vegasrider2005 is a decent person
Re: air box mod

are you talking about the clean air mod???
Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 PM

yeah ,do you know if it can it be done on this bike ? i know theres lots of info for the kleen air mod for f4is and 636's but searched and could'nt find nothin for this bike as hardly anyone rides them now,but im assuming something would still need modifying to stop oil getting in the airbox .
Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

that big hose on the back of the air box is probably your crank case vent tube , you will probably have another hose close to the same size coming out the front of the air box ..

connect those two to bypass the air box and then disable the pair valve , the pair valve will be the t conector that the front hose off the air box is connected to ..

the pair valve will either be vacuum operated or electric, if it's vacuum operated disable it by unplugging the little vacuum line and plugging the line , if it's electric just unplug it ...

when you are done cap off the two holes left in your air box from the two hoses you disconnected ..
Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 AM

ok cheers roger,ill have ago at that today seems pretty straight foward,thanks for the help i apreciate it!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by 4shzx6
ok cheers roger,ill have ago at that today seems pretty straight foward,thanks for the help i apreciate it!
no sweat but i just noticed you are in the uk so i hope the emission system is the same as it is here
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 AM

if you mean emissions test yeah we got that over here,but if it fails ill just have to change it bk to get it through the mot

just wondering is this right? ,i cant find my workshop manual so im kinda guessing to what the tubes are, so i basicly i connect B (crankcase vent tube) to D , then disable pair valve (which im guessing is A) by unplugging and blocking C which im guessing is the vacum line .then block of the hole were the D hose went too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0342.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	229964   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF03441.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	229965  
Old 08-20-2009, 06:16 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 4shzx6
if you mean emissions test yeah we got that over here,but if it fails ill just have to change it bk to get it through the mot

just wondering is this right? ,i cant find my workshop manual so im kinda guessing to what the tubes are, so i basicly i connect B (crankcase vent tube) to D , then disable pair valve (which im guessing is A) by unplugging and blocking C which im guessing is the vacum line .then block of the hole were the D hose went too.
yep sounds like you understand perfectly but block both holes left by hoses b and d
Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 AM

ok cool,cheers roger