How to Replace Fork Seals

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:55 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How to Replace Fork Seals

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
**** the left one is leaking again..

that sucks

Did you inspect your bushings to seen if they appeared worn??

They shouldn't blow out fast unless the bushings are worn, you didn't use oem seals, possibly if you don't lube the seals before installing and/or driving them in unevenly, or if your fork tube is slightly bent or scratched..
Old 06-16-2009, 11:48 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't use PVC your more likely to damage the sleeve and the seal trying to get them in. I did a set and for some reason one fork would not seal correctly and kept leaking afterwards. I'm buying the correct seal pushers for the job next time
Old 06-16-2009, 02:10 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stubbz
Don't use PVC your more likely to damage the sleeve and the seal trying to get them in. I did a set and for some reason one fork would not seal correctly and kept leaking afterwards. I'm buying the correct seal pushers for the job next time
I've always used pvc never had a issue.

If you wanna spend $100 per bike for the tool go ahead, but at that rate, might as well pay a shop to do it

Gotta be smarted then the pvc, gotta sand it smooth, leave no burs
Old 06-16-2009, 03:28 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee

that sucks

Did you inspect your bushings to seen if they appeared worn??

They shouldn't blow out fast unless the bushings are worn, you didn't use oem seals, possibly if you don't lube the seals before installing and/or driving them in unevenly, or if your fork tube is slightly bent or scratched..
at least the other one is good...i guess it could be few things,maybe i just put in something the wrong way..i did put some oil around the seal before putting it on..the bushing looks good thought,i used a allen key t push the seal in..but anyway,i ordered new seals,i did not use oem seals.. i used the seals of ebay ..i will see what happens the 2nd time...
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM

when u say bushings you mean number 9 and number 10?
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...r-2002/o/m2075

bushing guide and slider,now the grip side of each of them looks good,but the other side on each looks a little worn,but i dont think i should be worrying about that side?i can see a little bit of orange..
Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 PM

well i took the fork apart today and put it back together and i just rode the bike and its not leaking..new seals will be here tomorrow..Im having a harm time seting everything up the way it was..ether they are too hard or too soft..these things are pissing me off big time..