yooo need brake light help quick

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:17 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
yooo need brake light help quick

ok so i bought some electropod mini flashing brake lights,and cant get the ****** to work right....

it has one red wire...(says to hook up to the brake switch fuse)
and a black says to hook up to ground....

ok i can do something like that but they are supposed to shut off when not touching the brakes...but the stay on very dim...wtf
which way should i ??

some one help me befoe i smash ****...
thanks
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person
Re: yooo need brake light help quick

it should stay as and be dim like a tail light. my RR taillight is always on and gets way bright when i hit the brake.

or did i misunderstand ur problem???
Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by the gnar
it should stay as and be dim like a tail light. my RR taillight is always on and gets way bright when i hit the brake.

or did i misunderstand ur problem???
yea it says they are only supposed to come on when the brakes are applied

they are the blinking ones...like when they are dim they are still alil blinking....
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

thats weird. maybe the fuse going to the light is allowing more power then it should and the light isnt able to go all the way out.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

If its for the F4i I bought some led strip lights from autozone or some place like that which only had 2 wires. Dont remember the problems I had with them but they didnt work right. You need brake light with 3 wires. One for ground, one for running light and one for brake light.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM

ok so i by passed the blinking part,just so that they are like a reg brake light,dim then bright...
but i dont think they are still bright enough to pass inspection....**** now im out $30 bucks.....
any one have a spare led strip from hai or similar
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I just sold the last 2 I had If you could wait til you come to NY theres a guy here that does inspections as long as your tires and brakes are good Sure you probably cant wait based on what you mentioned earlier about the popo up there
Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 AM

I figured it out it's caused by the shitty tail light that I'm using ,it was from a undertale with a intergrated tail light
Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

dont waste your money on the hai led tailight strip when you can go to autozone and they have a huge assortment of dual filament tail lights for 10 bucks. 1 wire is the hot, and 2 of them are grounds. 1 ground is always engaged for the running light. when you squeeze the brake the other ground wire gets engaged as well and you get brights.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 AM

ok so i picked up a 08 600rr intergrated tail light and fits dope...but what colors do i hook them up to...
tail light has black ,red and white...which do they go to...help asap,im leaving for florida tomorrow
Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 AM
NealFoReal

Id assume the black is ground so just attach the other wires and see if they do what theyre supposed to do. Make sure you have a running light and then apply the brakes and if it dont work then swap the 2 wires. You know what wires are what for the F4i though? I posted them somewhere and can get them for you.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
NealFoReal

For the F4i

Green - Ground
Green/Yellow - Brake
Black/Brown - Running lights
Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by havok
ok so i picked up a 08 600rr intergrated tail light and fits dope...but what colors do i hook them up to...
tail light has black ,red and white...which do they go to...help asap,im leaving for florida tomorrow
The light you bought didnt come with a breakdown of what wire is what? If not I would do it like I mentioned above using the black as ground first and go from there

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 04-15-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:27 AM

i figured it out thanks man
red - yellow strip
balck- sloid green
white - black...
i love gettin shocked...
Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by havok
i figured it out thanks man
red - yellow strip
balck- sloid green
white - black...
i love gettin shocked...
that sucks. At least youre good to go now I was right on the ground tho I hate when lights dont come with basic info like what wire is for what
Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

I'm running an 07 1000rr tail light on mine, **** looks sick I had some issues too it's just one of them things you have to work with to get it