How do you do this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 PM

DT R is a decent person
How do you do this?

http://youtu.be/4sBG5xqW_AE?t=1m18s

At 1:18 the guy starts doing some kinda spin thing. And it looks like he's using a brake (judging by the brake light flashing), I'm guessing front? I've tried to emulate it but in no way can I get the bike doing circles. Yes I'm practicing in the wet.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: How do you do this?

At 1:18 he is not using the front brake, I think you are seeing the brake light from him occasionally hitting the rear brake.

Easy way to learn on a dirt bike is to just lean it over and gas it while dumping the clutch, keep your *** on the seat and try not to plant your foot or the bike will want to shoot out from under you.

Eventually when you are good enough you will be able to just roll in and slide using the rear brake and then gas it to get the drift going, your objective is to do it with out having to put your foot down.

At 1:12 or so you can see he is standing and leaning over the bike, in this case he is using the front brake but not at 1:18.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM

DT R is a decent person
Re: How do you do this?

Cheers for the reply!