How to hotwire fan on 600RR, info please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:59 AM

da Liks is a decent person
How to hotwire fan on 600RR, info please!

which wire should i ground to the frame? there's a blue and and a green one (if im not mistaken) that go to the fan. if i ground the correct one out it should run, right? dont really fee like cutting both wires to check, i only want to cut the right one.. help is very much appreciated!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM

Re: How to hotwire fan on 600RR, info please!

ok so i am a total NOOB at electrics.. i checked the wiring diagram and it seemed the black wire was the ground-wire. i cut that wire and held it to the engine and to a groundingpoint but the fan didnt come on.. anybody know what i am doing wrong?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:08 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by da Liks
ok so i am a total NOOB at electrics.. i checked the wiring diagram and it seemed the black wire was the ground-wire. i cut that wire and held it to the engine and to a groundingpoint but the fan didnt come on.. anybody know what i am doing wrong?
i have not done one on a 600rr myself but the two wires going to the fan are power wires , you need to bypass the temperature sending unit with a switch
Old 02-15-2009, 11:18 AM

the whizzat? whuwhut? where?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:21 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by da Liks
the whizzat? whuwhut? where?
maybe you should let some one else do it for you
Old 02-15-2009, 11:42 AM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

I just put mine on a switch. But i want to wire it so it comes on when i turn the key on.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
also known as OMR

i don't know if this is right or not but it was a sticky on a cbr forum ......

DONT use some speaker wire or narrow *** wire, use at least 18g wire.
Like this: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...rtnumber=85732

Steps:

1.Remove the 3 bolts on the Left side ( the clutch lever side ) mid fairing and any other push clips holding the fairing & Remove.

2.There will be 3 Relays next to each other with wires coming off. Seperate the MIDDLE relay.

3.There are 4 Wires coming out of it as follows:

-Black/White = Ground
-Blue/Black = Fan
-Blue/Orange = Constant Power (12v)
-Blue/Green = Trigger (what triggers the relay, works when 12v is applied)

4.Strip a section on the Blue/Black & Blue/Orange Wires.

5.Soder a seperate wire to each wire: ( Blue/Black & Blue/Orange ).

6.Connect the ends of the wires ( the ones you just added ) to the switch.

7.Tape everything up ( or heatshrink )

8. Now the switch can activate the fan at any given time, but remember to turn it off.

NOTE: For those who just want the fan on all the time instead of using a switch just connect the BLUE/BLACK to IGNITION. Also DO NOT just cut the Blue/Black & Blue/Orange wires because if the bike gets hot and you dont turn the fan on, it will overheat.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 PM

you heroe!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:24 PM

i had my brother come over and do the soldering. We took the pins out of the relay and soldered the wire into the pins and plugged them back in, made a switch on the sidefairing bracket.. works perfect! thanks rog..
Old 02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

omr for president