Gsxr starter

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold
Gsxr starter

So my start button doesn't turn my bike over. It hasn't for quite some time now, but I super rigged it and by passed it by just putting an aftermarket start button and installing it under my seat. It's worked fine up until recently when the button got stuck and fried the start button and the wires started melting. So i just went ahead and did the same thing I had done before and put another button on in the same spot and the wires fried again but this time the button didn't get stuck. So after that little story it's time to fix the problem the right way. It's obviously not the tip over sensor or clutch or kick stand safety or anything dumb like that the fuel pump kicks on and everything. I have another one from an 04 but there's a difference in the plugs in the 04 to 05. All the wires seem to be hooked up fine, do starter buttons just go for no real reason? Any ideas other then the ones listed above would be helpful and I already did a search and didn't find any real answers there.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:25 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold
Re: Gsxr starter

Seriously no one???
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 PM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Gsxr starter

I would have to pull the wiring diagram, but I would start by checking the rest of the ignition circuit.

My guess would probably be the starter relay. Something is allowing excessive current to continue to flow through your switch. But go ahead and check everything.

Start at the battery and trace the path of the positive wire. Make sure it is not shorting to ground anywhere. Check the starter relay and associated fuse. Check the wire from the relay to the starter and make sure that is also intact.

If all that is good, then you need to go back and check your ignition switch wires.

Hope that gets you started.