flip and switch???

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 PM
BIKESTYLES

50mob is an unknown quantity at this point
flip and switch???

This may be a stupid question but I want to try this out on my 636...do I just flip them upside down and keep them on the same side or do you put the right on left and left on right and then flip them??? I've never seen this done so I just wanna make sure I do it the right way...thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 01:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: flip and switch???

flip and switch them but you will have to drill new holes to hold your throttle and hand controls in place ,don't go to deep while drilling as this could make the clipon weak...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:02 PM
BIKESTYLES

so I'll put the right on left and left on right and upside down...which means I'll have to take the grip off the left clip-on..whats the best way to get the grip off? It didn't seem to want to budge...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:09 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

compressed air if you want to reuse it, or a razorblade if you got new ones. i usually just change the grip, its easier.lol
Old 11-18-2007, 02:17 PM
BIKESTYLES

I'd like to reuse it but I guess I'll see what kinda shape it's in by the time I get it off!! Thanks for the info guys..
Old 11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

I did it just a little while ago. I used new Spider Grips because they ****** kick ***. Anyway, when you go to drill new holes for the controls, use a punch to get it started. And the pinch bolts for the clipons are strong enough from what Ive been told. Here are a few pix to help along the way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 026.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	202701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 027.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	202702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 028.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	202703  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:46 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Is anyone having a problem with there hb hitting the fork tube? Mine hits so I can't turn my clip ons out as far as I'd like.
Maybe its just cause I got a shitty master.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Im to squidly for a hb
Old 11-18-2007, 06:34 PM
BIKESTYLES

Originally Posted by P*I*M*P
I did it just a little while ago. I used new Spider Grips because they ****** kick ***. Anyway, when you go to drill new holes for the controls, use a punch to get it started. And the pinch bolts for the clipons are strong enough from what Ive been told. Here are a few pix to help along the way.
Thanks bro...I just finished everything. I drilled the hole for the throttle tube but the other controls I just grinded the pin off because I'm not really worried about the other stuff moving. Anybody know if I can take that "clutch sensor" off the clutch? Whatever plugs in there gets in the way when the handbrake is on there, so if I could take that electrical plug in off the clutch I could move the clutch and hb closer together.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50mob
Thanks bro...I just finished everything. I drilled the hole for the throttle tube but the other controls I just grinded the pin off because I'm not really worried about the other stuff moving. Anybody know if I can take that "clutch sensor" off the clutch? Whatever plugs in there gets in the way when the handbrake is on there, so if I could take that electrical plug in off the clutch I could move the clutch and hb closer together.

That switch tells the ecm if the clutch is in or not... that way if the bike is in gear and the clutch isnt in it wont start...

it will only start in nuetral if you unplugg that...

the fix is to stick a staple or paper clip in the end of the wire so that it will start in gear, but BE CAREFUL, cause your bike will now try to start even if in gear and the clutch is not pulled in... ive seen people do it when not on the bike and the bike took off and fell over... hahaha
Old 11-18-2007, 06:40 PM
BIKESTYLES

Originally Posted by apfire26
Is anyone having a problem with there hb hitting the fork tube? Mine hits so I can't turn my clip ons out as far as I'd like.
Maybe its just cause I got a shitty master.

I have a 636 master as hb and yeah you can only turn out so far or it will hit the fork tube. Mine is very close to hitting but I'm happy with how the clip-ons feel so far. Theres gotta be a hb out there that would allow you to turn out farther
Old 11-18-2007, 06:45 PM
BIKESTYLES

Originally Posted by John LegionST
That switch tells the ecm if the clutch is in or not... that way if the bike is in gear and the clutch isnt in it wont start...

it will only start in nuetral if you unplugg that...

the fix is to stick a staple or paper clip in the end of the wire so that it will start in gear, but BE CAREFUL, cause your bike will now try to start even if in gear and the clutch is not pulled in... ive seen people do it when not on the bike and the bike took off and fell over... hahaha

Cool..thats what I needed to know! thanks man
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Throttle choppin'

the fix is to stick a staple or paper clip in the end of the wire so that it will start in gear, but BE CAREFUL, cause your bike will now try to start even if in gear and the clutch is not pulled in... ive seen people do it when not on the bike and the bike took off and fell over... hahaha[/QUOTE]

I would like to see that
Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 50mob
I have a 636 master as hb and yeah you can only turn out so far or it will hit the fork tube. Mine is very close to hitting but I'm happy with how the clip-ons feel so far. Theres gotta be a hb out there that would allow you to turn out farther

I'm not sure what kind of master I got, but I have it resting on the fork tube.
Plus the damn thing sux anyway, next on the list is a good radial that will actually stop my bike. lol