954 question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:59 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
954 question

ok, got my 954 on the road last week and been riding around no problem. I took it to a lot today and turned the idle up and started doing some slow standups, sitdowns and some circles. I stopped to take a break and got off the bike and walked around the bike and saw some oil on the clutch cover and some on the engine were the clutch cover and engine meet. I cleaned it up and road home, which is about 40minutes from the spot. When I got home I checked the clutch cover area and there wasn't any oil...which I guess is a good thing. So my question is this, are 954s know to leak oil like that when wheeling? if so, what's the solution? or do I need new gaskets? I guess this goes out to 954 and 929 owners since they're pretty much identicle bikes or anyone who knows
Old 07-07-2007, 05:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 954 question

it was probably coming out the filler cap or the air box....

filler cap -just get a new oring

air box- clean it out
Old 07-07-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
it was probably coming out the filler cap or the air box....

filler cap -just get a new oring

air box- clean it out
thanks for the reply omr. I'll put a new oring on there. if it's the air box will I have to clean it out every 15 minutes of lot riding? cause I was only there for a 1/2 hr. when I noticed all the oil.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well it is probably oil from the last year of riding if you just got the bike it is probably the first time it has been up so high
Old 07-07-2007, 05:41 PM
also known as OMR

or may be there was more oil in the crank case then needed so once it levels out it probably won't fill the air box any more
Old 07-07-2007, 05:46 PM

or may be there was more oil in the crank case then needed so once it levels out it probably won't fill the air box any more
sweet, I'm gonna clean out that air box and go thru things again. make sure everything is tight and nothing is missind etc.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:54 PM
also known as OMR

easy way to tell if it came from the air box is see if there is oil in the over flow tube that comes from the air box

it's easier then taking off the tank and **** to look in the air box
Old 07-07-2007, 06:18 PM

easy way to tell if it came from the air box is see if there is oil in the over flow tube that comes from the air box

it's easier then taking off the tank and **** to look in the air box
which side is that tube on? I think I found the problem. I was out there checking to see if anything was loose and the bolts that attach the cct were loose like I can turn them with my hand loose! I tighten them but won't know if that'll fix it or it's something else. Also need to clean out the air box if needed. I'm gonna switch out the stock cct for the APE cct anyway. I do that on all my bikes(hondas)

thanks for your help omr
Old 07-07-2007, 06:20 PM
also known as OMR

yep thats the first thing i do on all my hondas and kawis ...

if it was loose then that is probably where it was coming from
Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, the 954 airbox never gets that oily. the breather system is very good. It comes from the cylinder head and there is big separator at the head too.