scrape bar for learning 12s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 02:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
scrape bar for learning 12s?

Do you guys that know how to ride 12's think it's better to learn with a scrape bar, or without? I've heard that it's better without a bar because the first time you come back, chances are you're going to be off balance and the bar is just going to make it worse. But if you're off balance without a bar, the plastic will give to compensate.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:20 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
i always wondered do u need a scrape bar or no?? with out a bar will stuff start breaking???
Old 10-26-2002, 11:23 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
It's definetley easier to learn without one... When you first learn you aren't gonna be 100% smooth and straight.. Plastic will give, but a scrape bar is hard. If you hit the side..you're going down. Ever see FTP3 with the dude learning to 12? He keeps hitting the bar and wrecking cuz of it.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:38 PM

Crizzymynizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
That is because He had a booty Bar on any bar I have ever seen with that design was a accident waiting to happen. Nags you can Back me up on wether or not I am talking smack or have some experiance in these matters
Old 10-26-2002, 11:41 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Crizzymynizzle
That is because He had a booty Bar on any bar I have ever seen with that design was a accident waiting to happen. Nags you can Back me up on wether or not I am talking smack or have some experiance in these matters
****.. from what I've heard, you dont even know what a scrape bar is

Just kiddin'
Old 10-26-2002, 11:46 PM

Ya talk your Smack Sally I got the Elite R&D team when it comes to design team LOL !!!!!!! Top that sissy
Old 10-29-2002, 11:13 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
bar

does anybody have a pic of a scrape bar for a 900rr...i would like to see the design on them....
Old 10-29-2002, 08:47 PM

shtbx is an unknown quantity at this point
whats a booty bar? sounds like i don't want it
Old 10-30-2002, 12:33 AM

A booty Bar is one that is too wide, too long, has the wrong scrape angle, and bends in on the sides cause it is braced wrong. However I don't think that bar stayed on long enough to bend in.:cool: :cool: :cool:
Old 10-30-2002, 02:02 AM

shtbx is an unknown quantity at this point
****** A,,,,ima need a god damn pro when i put a bar on my bike....ima need one next year dammit, i don' want no damn booty bar
Old 11-20-2002, 11:56 PM

WickedRider is an unknown quantity at this point
Trust me,get a bar before you try to 12.There is nothing easy about learning to 12,but the bar definately saved my *** the first time I got it straight up.
Take advice from someone who knows from experience.....ME.
When and if you learn to 12,the bar kinda lets you know where you are.After a while you use that as your reference point.You will know and kinda feel when it's gonna scrape and adjust brake pressure and throttle to keep it where you want it.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:08 AM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
if you don't have access to a bar and you don't mind phuckin up your tail a little bit-shove a thin piece of metal or wood so it sticks out the back of your tail. If you never scraped before start with a piece as long as 10-12 inches. you'll feel it and it will help out your confidence alot. then start taking it down inch by inch till you don't need it anymore.