what kind of oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: what kind of oil

+1....
Old 01-03-2007, 03:22 PM

Hazen is a decent person

For how hard Stunt motors get beat it really isn't gonna make a big difference.

Still, I run Honda GN4 or Motul - the thicker the better. :YEAH
Old 01-03-2007, 03:22 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brad05636
i would never put car oil in my bike
Thats becuase you don't own a honda..

a honda will continue to run on anything, including factory oil
Old 01-03-2007, 03:28 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Thats becuase you don't own a honda..

a honda will continue to run on anything, including factory oil

I've seen Honda motors blow in a very short time on car oil
Old 01-03-2007, 03:45 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
Yep Amsoil Is Good **** They Make A Special Blend For Sport Bikes Full Synthetic. And The Clutches Grab The Same Both Syn And Non Syn Have The Same Friction Modifier Added Into The Oil For Wet Clutch Applications.

P.s I Work For Chevron
umm, for a bike you want oil that DOESN'T have friction modifiers in it. Friction modifiers are what makes clutches slip because they basically make the oil ultra slippery, increasing engine efficiency and improving gas milage, IN CARS. wet clutch application oil would have NO friction modifiers in it. You can get full syn, semi syn and non syn oils with or with out friction modifiers. I run Castrol GTX 10-40w in the winter and 20-50w in the summer with no problems. The frequency you change your oil is more important than what kind of oil you use, and you can change it more often with a $2.28 quart than a $10 quart. If I had a new/er bike under warranty I would run better oil, but for an older/stunt bike it's unecessary and wasteful imo

Last edited by Street Warrior; 01-03-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:46 PM

boostnm3 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Brad05636
so another question i hear soem peoepl use 10/40 and some use 10/50 is it just personal preferance or is one better that the other for the bike.

you must live on another planet, ive never seen 10w50 oil. i run amsoil synthetic in my f4i. In my R6, i used to run Shell Rotella oil from walmart. The oil is made for diesel trucks HD. I never had a problem with it in my R6. I might jump back to a semi synthetic or regular.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:50 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

motul 15/50 ...20000 thousand miles on mine all stunt miles
Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
umm, for a bike you want oil that DOESN'T have friction modifiers in it. Friction modifiers are what makes clutches slip because they basically make the oil ultra slippery, increasing engine efficiency and improving gas milage, IN CARS. wet clutch application oil would have NO friction modifiers in it. You can get full syn, semi syn and non syn oils with or with out friction modifiers. I run Castrol GTX 10-40w in the winter and 20-50w in the summer with no problems. The frequency you change your oil is more important than what kind of oil you use, and you can change it more often with a $2.28 quart than a $10 quart. If I had a new/er bike under warranty I would run better oil, but for an older/stunt bike it's unecessary and wasteful imo
SORRY BRO YOUR WRONG CLUTCHES WORK BECAUSE OF FRICTION THERE FOR YOU NEED A FRICTION MODOFIER IN A WET CLUTCH APPLICATION
Old 01-03-2007, 05:05 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
DAM BRO YOUR RIGHT I JUST WENT ON AMSOIL.COM AND THIER OIL CONTAINS NO FRICTION MODIFIERS THANX FOR THE SCHOOLIN
Old 01-03-2007, 05:07 PM
also known as OMR

so no friction modifiers = ok to use in bike
Old 01-03-2007, 05:34 PM

*T.J.* is a decent person

I use repsol oil ......is there problems with that?
i need to be schooled aswell
Old 01-03-2007, 05:36 PM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read on the honda forum that you could use Mobil car oil as long as it dosen't say energy conserving on the little circle emblem on the back of the can. I can't find the link but someone did a test and the car oil is the same ****... I'll still use the honda oil though.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:38 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

stock is the way to go.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:40 PM

unless of course your a dumb *** like me and spend thousands of dollars bulilding a custom bike that i dont even ride.i'm a dumb ***
Old 01-03-2007, 05:57 PM
also known as OMR

but if your at the spot and one of the squids brake a stator cover and you jb weld it back together, it would be nice to be able to just go to the gas station in the middle of the night and fill it up with some thing that wont hurt it
Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 PM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
unless of course your a dumb *** like me and spend thousands of dollars bulilding a custom bike that i dont even ride.i'm a dumb ***
stunt that bitch!!! That would look sick..
Old 01-03-2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ct954
stunt that bitch!!! That would look sick..
i'd rather jump off a bridge.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Regular StuntLifer

stuntboy79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by `04 gixxerpimp
If your clutch is slipping it either needs adjustment or you need a new clutch.
+1 I could not agree more.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:18 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

Mobil 5000 or castrol gtx for me!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:30 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Bout to use Lucas for the first time. Hope you guys are right

Quick Reply: what kind of oil