what to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 10:18 AM

markeith is an unknown quantity at this point
Question what to do

hey!! i am a up and coming new stunt rider. i have a 2002 r6 and i want to learn how to get a good weelie in 2nd gear, i want to put some new sprockets on to make that possible. what kind should i get and how much will it take away from my speed, and how can i get a weelie up in second gear without so much work,
Please Holla Bak.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point
Well have you learned any wheelies yet? You should get some feel of them in 1st gear first or at least thast how i did it...started with 1st gear no clutch power ups till i would hit redline...then clutched them up sitting in second...then learned to bounce it up in 2nd. I just went to +2 in the year when i was learning to bounce it up...just gave me that little edge to make it easier. The bounce up is all about timing...release throttle..bounce forks and hit gas as the forks are coming back up. If you really want to get a 2nd gear wheelie up without much work you can gear it more but might as well be safer and learn the timing of the bounce up..id just go +2 in back...+3 at most.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:49 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't need to change sprockets to be able to wheelie. I learned 1st gear, 2nd gear, clutching all with stock sprockets.

What I did do is get 1 tooth down in the front, which definately helped out wonders. Just like BTBent said, it helps out with that little edge of height, or power to be able to save your wheelies if they aren't high enough. I'd practice regular wheelies first though... Practice, Practice, Practice.

Later,
Jared
Old 04-30-2003, 02:50 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
Now I have 6 up in the rear as well. But that is a different story. Everybody is slowing their wheelies down. Its a lot safer, and cooler. 12's are all the hype. but they are definately gettin old fast. Everybody is doing them now.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:09 PM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=16789
Old 05-01-2003, 02:03 PM

DBAdrums is an unknown quantity at this point
runnin out of rpm

I can get 2nd gears on a 6 and 9 hundred with stock gearing. I bounce it up no problem, but I cant keep them slow enough to hold them for a while. 2nd gear winds out, do I have to up shift? How do I keep it in 2nd and slow it down ot like 50mph? I dont wanna be doing 100mph + wheelies shifing through the gears. In Urban sTreetBike warriors, Kyle keeps it going with out speedin up, low RPMs. Do I have to change my sprocket gearing?
Old 05-01-2003, 02:24 PM

unknownfewRR is an unknown quantity at this point
i had f4i and i had no prob. with stock gearing for 2 gear wheelies i could even clutch it up in 3rd.It just comes with time i guess just make sure you got your 1st gear wheelies down first.no point in skippin steps.try to get you wheelies to a balance point to keep rpms down they wont even move.timing is important
Old 05-04-2003, 04:01 AM

R1on1 is an unknown quantity at this point
you just gotta bounce your weight on the pegs while your in 2nd and then throtle it up. but i would deffinetly practice in 1st gear to start off
Old 05-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Beef is an unknown quantity at this point

What's up dude??? I'm just starting to learn 2nd gears too. I have followed what these guys said and it is working. Haven't had a lot of time to practice lately though. I have an 02 F4i with stock sprockets. It will definately come up. I is all about timing as everyone is saying.

I see you're from Minneapolis. What part? I ride with about 4 other buddies from the area. We should try hook up some time.

Lata
Old 05-08-2003, 11:52 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough
I learned 1st through 3rd sitting down first before trying anything else this teaches you a-lot then I discovered standing on the rear pegs in second bounce and clutch whoa look out what fun looks a-lot cooler than sitting down too. Need advise on covering rear brake like this
Old 05-16-2003, 10:13 PM

blackgt76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pavement eater................... I have same bike as yours and mine barely wants to come up in first clutching it, Don't get me wrong it will come up but i have to rev about 11k for it to come up good, how did u get them up with stock gearing? I went -1 in front today but it has been raining here all day for me to take it out and try it. Another thing i lined my zx6r next to friends F4i, what a difference in wheelbase, mine has about 3-4" extra in length. Any suggestions.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:31 AM

famtrecrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Im new to this site and have been stunting for approx. 3 months but i found that chopping the throttle on a stock f4i will work fine for wheelies, especially 1st gear, the problem is finding the balance point and keeping it up. But for you guys with an f4i try chopping the throttle at about 6000 in first and make sure and do it quick, the wheel will come right up no problem. Just practice it alot..

Steve