Advice for the FNG

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 10:42 AM

NCLR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice for the FNG

First, this is a kick *** site. I am on my 3rd bike this year and only 1 leg that doesn't set off metal detectors. I used to float around on the bike specific sites, but there are so many stunt haters, that it feels like I in a daily battle defending my rights to stunt with the "bible beater track gods". Don't get me wrong, I take the occasional track day, but, stuntin is the road for me. Anyways, I think more people will be willing to respond if they have detailed info, so here I go.

I have been stuntin for about a year, got the general basics of most stunts. Now I am learning 12s. I read all the 12 threads on here already and didn't find answers to my questions, so that's why I started I new one, sorry. I have practicing everday for about 2 weeks. I didn't read any of the posts on hear before I started. So, I have been trying it with left foot back and right forward, not sitting. I know that experienced stunters are sayin to learn sittin first. Why is that? <----question 1. Because everytime I try it sitting, it is a lot more uncomfortable than standing. Right now, I stand up, hit 10mph, clutch it hard in first (02 R1, stock gearing, 15psi, no bar), as soon as it comes up, I make sure that I am standing up as straight as I can. I apply a good amount of brake preasure and can usually ride it out at about 15-20mph for 100 ft or so. The wobbles aren't bad, they are if I don't get it high enough early. Next, I see lots of pictures of guys doing no-handed slow wheelies, coasters and stuff. When look at how high they are and compare it to how high my pictures are, I am way higher. Why am I not able to left off the gas and travel at idle speed and brake control <------- question 2. Lastly, I am still recovering from last spill in which I broke my femur, seperated my shoulder (bad), and broke some finger stuff. I don't think I would do that well if I fell on the bad leg. Is there any out there who has learned how to 12 without dumping there baby? <-------question 3. Please respond if you have some advice for me. Oh, me and my buddies have some clips thrown together on www.gotadrenaline.com , nothing special, just stuff to watch at work. I think there are a couple of wrecks?????

Tony
Old 04-25-2003, 08:27 AM

NCLR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, yesterdays practice session didn't go as well as planned. I had 15psi in the rear and was standing with the left foot back. No wheelie bar and riding them out fairly well around 15 mph. I kept pushing higher and higher each time trying to scrape. I had a good plan in my head for the entire thing, except for when it actually did scrape. Well, when it did, I just kept riding it normally, a little gas and lots of back preasure. I think that I just tried to bring it back down by releasing the back brake. That didn't work, cause it was so high that when released it it just made it start to wobble. My buddy got it on video and will try and post it soon. Got to straighten out my forks now and try again.