new hand brake msater cylinder info

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
new hand brake msater cylinder info

so for the past month i have been working on finding the corect hand brake brake master cylinder the kind that provides awsome presser and alot of feel. heres what i have come up with.

i put a cbr 1000rr brake master on my bike with a full throttle rear master it did alright good feel good bight but still i noticed my hand was alway herting after a wile and on the idle it was kinda hesatating the brake a bit. so i put it to the side and tryed a brembo 19X20 man i was amazed at the feel but the pressure was lacking like cravy it was 3 finger lock up i took that thing off right away. next i tryed the 19x18 it had more pressure but alot less feel diid pretty good thought if i wernt so presistent i would keep that one. any way i did some reserch and found that all of your 19x20 19x18 19x17 and 19x16 are designed for a front brake 2 caliper set up meaning i works best when there is two calipers providing pressue and not one. so i looked into a master that was desined for one caliper and found the brembo 16x18 it is made for one caliper i put the thing on and im never going to another master again it provides 1 finger lock up and more feel than you could ever imagin to any one who want the best feel and pressue out ther go get a brembo 16x18 it only cost $210 were a 19x20 cost $400 trust me its worth every penny
Old 03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
HJT

HJT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: new hand brake msater cylinder info

uhhh.... cool.......
Old 03-27-2006, 06:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person

You got a pict of that thing Oh yeah and did you go straight through Brembo to buy it?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
You got a pict of that thing Oh yeah and did you go straight through Brembo to buy it?
this web site sound kinda gay but go to it and check it out call the guy he knows nothing but brakes www.yoyodyneti.com
Old 03-27-2006, 06:39 PM

wyliekylie is an unknown quantity at this point

So let me ask you this, Is it better than then the master that the full throttle inc. kit provides? Because I was thinking of just buying the full kit and being done with it, but if this is a step up including the rest of the pieces in the F.t. kit I'll def. purchase it as well.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:44 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

kyle what up son ! holly sh*t your still alive ! i have a 2005 gsxr 1000 front master with the full throtle set up and i can lock it up with only 1 finger no problem , but i would still like to try what your boy has above, i can rock evry hand brake trick high chair , tank , seat standers etc all with one finger on the brake , i never take my index finger off the clutch , , jamie has the full throttle full system ( master front and rear) and it works really good too. kyle when you going to start riding with us again ???????????????
Old 03-27-2006, 07:04 PM

wyliekylie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo it's my brother from another mother! Hopefully soon man! I ended up buying a 600rr for the street. It was too good of a deal to pass up! But that was my F4i money so hopefully within a month or two I'll get one. I've been working my *** off for bike money!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:38 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
so for the past month i have been working on finding the corect hand brake brake master cylinder the kind that provides awsome presser and alot of feel. heres what i have come up with.

i put a cbr 1000rr brake master on my bike with a full throttle rear master it did alright good feel good bight but still i noticed my hand was alway herting after a wile and on the idle it was kinda hesatating the brake a bit. so i put it to the side and tryed a brembo 19X20 man i was amazed at the feel but the pressure was lacking like cravy it was 3 finger lock up i took that thing off right away. next i tryed the 19x18 it had more pressure but alot less feel diid pretty good thought if i wernt so presistent i would keep that one. any way i did some reserch and found that all of your 19x20 19x18 19x17 and 19x16 are designed for a front brake 2 caliper set up meaning i works best when there is two calipers providing pressue and not one. so i looked into a master that was desined for one caliper and found the brembo 16x18 it is made for one caliper i put the thing on and im never going to another master again it provides 1 finger lock up and more feel than you could ever imagin to any one who want the best feel and pressue out ther go get a brembo 16x18 it only cost $210 were a 19x20 cost $400 trust me its worth every penny
Good info... i was always wondering about the different sizes.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by wyliekylie
So let me ask you this, Is it better than then the master that the full throttle inc. kit provides? Because I was thinking of just buying the full kit and being done with it, but if this is a step up including the rest of the pieces in the F.t. kit I'll def. purchase it as well.
honistly the two best i have ever used is the brembo 19x18 and the brembo 16x18 i def would go with the 16x18 because it has the most pressure and the best feel go for it you hand will thank you latter also the billit clutch mast is a little more bred but its the same thing and provides the same pressure and feel thats the one i have but i have used the other one as well
Old 03-27-2006, 08:16 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

I tried out a Brembo 19x20 and it sucked, way too stiff. I'm using a billet pvm 17mm and it works great.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Darius
I tried out a Brembo 19x20 and it sucked, way too stiff. I'm using a billet pvm 17mm and it works great.
ya i know im not telling them to use a brembo 19x20 im saying use the brembo 16x18 it awsome compared to any other on however i have not tryed the pvm 19x17
Old 03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

good info.....

How does the cbr1000 compare to the radial gixxer masters? worth the swap?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
good info.....

How does the cbr1000 compare to the radial gixxer masters? worth the swap?
out of those two mastere id use the cbr1000rr one its alot better
Old 03-27-2006, 10:06 PM

o2chingching is an unknown quantity at this point

so if you could choose the size of the master cylinder what would you say the best size would be ( not the best size availible) , but the "ideal" size.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

05 R1 master with a JohnnyP dual rear master.

2 finger lock up, no probs.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

i can lock 1 finger with my pos 900rr master and gptech adapter, somethings wrong if you're running a radial and can't lock with 1 finger

only reason i'd switch over is to have more feel, but i'm not doing off the pegs circles yet so i'll probably wait until then, right now my handbrake is fine for combos and scrapes and ****.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by o2chingching
so if you could choose the size of the master cylinder what would you say the best size would be ( not the best size availible) , but the "ideal" size.
any radial with a 16mm bore will be the best choice its just that the 16x18 has alot of feel compared to others.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by FHL
i can lock 1 finger with my pos 900rr master and gptech adapter, somethings wrong if you're running a radial and can't lock with 1 finger

only reason i'd switch over is to have more feel, but i'm not doing off the pegs circles yet so i'll probably wait until then, right now my handbrake is fine for combos and scrapes and ****.
wrong not all radials will lock up with one finger they will only lock up progressivly not instantly a 20mm will lock up progressivly a 16mm will lock up as soon as you pull on it. the bottom line is the smaller the bore is the the more pressue you will get. but look at it this way when you do a stunt like a ss coaster or any stunt that takes little to no brake you do not want a master that will lock up with no effort if it dose theres no room to pull the lever thats were the 16x18 comes in it will lock up on a dime but it will allow you to feel every bit it has before it dose insted of just locking up.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:14 AM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone know what a 954 master size is? it says 3/4 on it but x what?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:18 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikey-d
anyone know what a 954 master size is? it says 3/4 on it but x what?
Thats the bore size (3/4) the other number is the distance from the push rod to the piviot on radial masters ...............Since the 954 isnt radail there is no other measurement for pivot distance just the bore size

Eaxmple Brembo 19x20 is 19mm bore 20mm distance from push rod to pivot
Brembo 18x19 is 18mm bore 19mm distance from push rod to pivot
Brembo 16x18 is 16mm bore 18mm " "

Quick Reply: new hand brake msater cylinder info