new hand brake msater cylinder info

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:32 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: new hand brake msater cylinder info

Good info guys. Ive been wanting to do some testing on this also. Now I dont have to.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:35 AM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Thats the bore size (3/4) the other number is the distance from the push rod to the piviot on radial masters ...............Since the 954 isnt radail there is no other measurement for pivot distance just the bore size

Eaxmple Brembo 19x20 is 19mm bore 20mm distance from push rod to pivot
Brembo 18x19 is 18mm bore 19mm distance from push rod to pivot
Brembo 16x18 is 16mm bore 18mm " "
ah got it,thank's.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:44 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
Good info guys. Ive been wanting to do some testing on this also. Now I dont have to.
Hows that rear master working for you?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:53 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Hows that rear master working for you?
better than great

and it only took me 5 minutes to bleed, confirming your theory that that other guy sucks at bleeding
Old 03-28-2006, 10:01 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

this helps a lot. I had a Brembo clutch master cyl that came with the GP tech setup I got, but I put on a 01 R6 master (it sucks I think). I have no idea what the bore of the brembo was but I loved it.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:02 AM

better than great

and it only took me 5 minutes to bleed, confirming your theory that that other guy sucks at bleeding
Glad to hear its workin better for you, their cheap for me to make and they work great with a good master and bleeding, and the Honda rear masters seem to work a little better than say a GSXR rear maser.........

LOL I wasnt doggin on the guy because Im right or wrong, its just the plain and simple truth you shouldnt have to run so much fluid through lines to bleed........but hey Im just trying to help, he can waste as much time and fluid that he wants too.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:07 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

better than great

yes niner is retarded ....
Old 03-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by scott3824
yes niner is retarded ....
...but yet you have helped and it still isn't bled right.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NINER
...but yet you have helped and it still isn't bled right.
cause after two bleeds you say f-it and you wont take the mc off the bar to bleed it
Old 03-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

you wont take the mc off the bar to bleed it
I did at home. it didn't help worth a ****.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:21 AM

cause after two bleeds you say f-it and you wont take the mc off the bar to bleed it
The only master that I really had to take off the clipon to get it to start pushing fluid was the Brembo, and that was just to get it going for a second then I put it back....

If after 2 bleeds its still not right something is wrong either a blown MC or caliper seal or a leak, the smallest leak will cause big problems....If you reused the crush washers you should tighten the **** out of them, make sure bleeders are really tight too.....

Usually I get them pretty tight on the first bleed after the install, then ride the bike for a day. Just riding hard and using the HB helps push any air stuck in the lines up to the res, tighening it up. If its still a little spongy a quick rebleed at the rear caliper and it should be gravy....If its still spongy after that and needs pumping to get presure then theres a leak...
Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 PM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
so for the past month i have been working on finding the corect hand brake brake master cylinder the kind that provides awsome presser and alot of feel. heres what i have come up with.

i put a cbr 1000rr brake master on my bike with a full throttle rear master it did alright good feel good bight but still i noticed my hand was alway herting after a wile and on the idle it was kinda hesatating the brake a bit. so i put it to the side and tryed a brembo 19X20 man i was amazed at the feel but the pressure was lacking like cravy it was 3 finger lock up i took that thing off right away. next i tryed the 19x18 it had more pressure but alot less feel diid pretty good thought if i wernt so presistent i would keep that one. any way i did some reserch and found that all of your 19x20 19x18 19x17 and 19x16 are designed for a front brake 2 caliper set up meaning i works best when there is two calipers providing pressue and not one. so i looked into a master that was desined for one caliper and found the brembo 16x18 it is made for one caliper i put the thing on and im never going to another master again it provides 1 finger lock up and more feel than you could ever imagin to any one who want the best feel and pressue out ther go get a brembo 16x18 it only cost $210 were a 19x20 cost $400 trust me its worth every penny
Sounds so logically But darn, I just bought the cbr1000rr master

Aah, well, I will try it out soon, and if I don't like it, I sell it, and buy the Brembo 16/18 somehow
Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

darius the pvm looks like the bomb *** one to use but i looked at it on line and they want some $500 bones for it , i guess thats what you got to have to be a gangsta like your self , one day i ll be rich and buy it !!!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:43 PM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person

Thats the bore size (3/4) the other number is the distance from the push rod to the piviot on radial masters ...............Since the 954 isnt radail there is no other measurement for pivot distance just the bore size

Eaxmple Brembo 19x20 is 19mm bore 20mm distance from push rod to pivot
Brembo 18x19 is 18mm bore 19mm distance from push rod to pivot
Brembo 16x18 is 16mm bore 18mm " "

thx for this infos, i'll go to bed tonight a bit less silly than yesterday Lol
Old 03-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by alexcod
darius the pvm looks like the bomb *** one to use but i looked at it on line and they want some $500 bones for it , i guess thats what you got to have to be a gangsta like your self , one day i ll be rich and buy it !!!
You could get the exact performance out of a Brembo cast GP radial master with the same bore and offset for around $200. The reason the PVM is soo expensive is because they only make billet masters, Brembo make them in billet and cast for almost half the price.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:37 PM

wyliekylie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be getting the 16 x 18 then, sounds like the best one to me!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:42 PM

wyliekylie is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, all this info saves alot of trial and error!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by wyliekylie
By the way, all this info saves alot of trial and error!
Heres where I buy all my Brembo stuff, you might find a better deal elsewhere but these guys have almost everything in stock ready to go.......

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=2731
Old 03-28-2006, 04:21 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

You could get the exact performance out of a Brembo cast GP radial master with the same bore and offset for around $200. The reason the PVM is soo expensive is because they only make billet masters, Brembo make them in billet and cast for almost half the price.
ya most likely they will work as good, the billet brembo's are the same price as the bilet pvm's. I get them for $315 so it's not too bad. Best thing about the billet is they dont break nearly as easy as the cast pieces, so if one drop breaks your cast piece and you have to buy another then your spending more. They are much more rigid and you can tell the difference!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:29 PM

ALSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks its a good read
I hate being on a buget always looking for ebay deals and trying to find ways round things

back in the day what was the best rear master to mod into taking the feed from a M/C hand brake ?

Quick Reply: new hand brake msater cylinder info