plain ol wheelies....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 02:46 PM

cstmgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
plain ol wheelies....

heres a question from my cousin who is visiting me, i have tried and tried to help him, but my advice isnt working, so i thought you guys could lend him your 2 cents.....

typical scenario for a beginner, he rides a kawi 600rr (03) and is trying to ride his back wheel, he pumps his gas a few times in first and it will lift the wheel right up, but for only a few secs, and i have been trying to teach him to stand in second and lean back, pump it similar to the way he does first, and try and pull when the front springs bounce up, i can do them fine on his bike, so i know he has the power to do them, im just no pro, and it seems somewhat natural to me, but i just cant seem to tell him they correct thing to do, any advice would be appriciated...
Old 04-04-2003, 05:34 PM

Black_ops_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
What was killing me was the urge to lean forward toward the tank when the front came up and it dropped right back down. It is a hard habit to beat so I just took everyones advice and said screw it and rock it. BLING!
Old 04-04-2003, 06:07 PM

cstmgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, see thanks, that is something i overlooked to tell him, he seems to get it up 10-14 inches, but not enough to get it to a balance and ride out
Old 04-04-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

CBRORL is an unknown quantity at this point
gas

Dont forget the gas. My problem was I thought I was giving it enough gas but I wasnt. Ill give him the same advice that was given to me. "Remember to bring your ***** when you leave the house and dont be scared to really hit the gas.