wheelie??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 06:21 AM

nakato is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelie??

hi there.....i have viewed tons of websites...and tutoring for wheelies...but i have nvr come across any sites that speaks of a 125cc bike wheelie......

normally it would be 600cc and 1000cc but no 125cc..i was thinking if any dudes out here knows how to wheelie using a 125cc...????

the method that i was told was let it rev to 9-10rpm and throw clutch...it will bring the bike up....but as i throttle more..it does not seems to move and the needle at the rpm seems toi drop and then the bike comes down....!:

any better ways to get it up and going? advise please!
Old 03-29-2003, 11:15 AM

hacksaw is an unknown quantity at this point
if its a 4 stroke 125cc, you're going to have a lot of trouble getting that front wheel to stay up

give it more throttle and practise holding it open longer and longer as the front wheel comes up also sit as far back in the seat as possible

i got a 250cc 4 stroke as a loaner while my bike was in for service... i never thought it'd do wheelies, but surely enough, tonnes of throttle, sitting back in the seat and dropping the clutch worked a treat
Old 03-29-2003, 08:07 PM

is a 2-stroke dude.....125cc NSR.....

i will try sitting back...and allow it to move...but just afriad it may turn me upside down...ha!
Old 03-30-2003, 02:13 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Man stunting an nsr is cool as hell.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:36 PM

Petrus is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to own a TZR 125, pretty similar bike.
And I couldnīt wheelie it for s***...
Iīm sure I was a worse rider at that time. But the thing for me was that it didnīt have the power necessary to keep the frontwheel airborne. If I launched it and tried keep the throttle on it simply fell down cause the power just wasnīt there.
But, with a better rider than I was at that time, perhaps it could be done.
If you try to launch it going reeeaally slow and clutch the living s*** out of it. It could work.

*DISCLAIMER*
Be CAREFUL. I was reluctant to trying wheelies on my 125 because I was afraid to get messed up.
So if you choose to try it, itīll be YOUR *** on the line.
So, donīt rush, and be safe.
Good luck!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:36 AM

TCifani is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can get it up, and it wont stay, lean back more. When you drop the clutch, make sure its when you are going like less than 1 mph. and also lean back more.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:22 AM

i will try it....
Old 04-11-2003, 06:50 PM

Sinista is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelie

ok heres my comparison i had a 1988 hurricane 1000 the bike was a 1000 but it was a peice of dog doodoo. i tried and tried to get the front wheel up, i dumped the clutch, i tried to power it up it wouldnt work. mind you that was my first year really riding. finally i got the ***** to stand up get the revs up high, real high, and choping the throttle (letting of and twisting it hard again) ,the
only way i got it up was pulling on the clipons i know others say dont doit and i agree cuz everytime i did it came down in a tank slapper (front end wobble) but this bike was shaky to begin with. try if your bikes in better shape it probly wont happen let me knbow how it works

jeremy