R1 Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 01:17 AM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
if its shaking if u take ur hands off it sounds like ur tire is not balanced or is not in good condition (bald perhaps) and has developed a bad spot...
a damper is a very very good investment, i havea hyperpro on my 929, and the stock one on the gixxer, a damper is for headshake like if u lift the front tire off the ground and put it down a little sideways, or when doing a stoppie, uneven weight on the front can cause it (or going over a bad piece of road and making the bike shake side to side)...

scotts makes a great damper (a little pricey) and ohlins... well its ohlins, so its gonna be nice, and expensive...

definately invest in one... r1s balance point seems to be a little lower compared to some of the other bikes though...
-icehot113
Old 10-15-2002, 01:43 AM

dsbr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok here i go. first got to break the bad news..should have not bought the r1...should have gotin a gixxer7 or gixxer1..lol just messin i got a r6 which is an ok bike i guess...first i think ur best bet is to start ur wheelies in 2nd gear, try just bouchin it in the power range, if u can get that to work try clutchin...but remember allways cover ur rear brake homes!!! with no douth u need to get a steering dampner..the r6 and r1's are really bad tank slapping bikes. well i hope i help after time and pratice u will be rockin out 12's like its ur business..well stop fartin around on the computer and go out and play on ur ride ttyl
Old 10-15-2002, 03:21 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
stabilizer

Just practice doing 2nd gear wheelies at different RPMs.
There will not be much difference on the R1 with 3rd gear.
I recommend a Scotts stabilizer. Very good piece plus you can take it off the bike when you plan on purchasing a new one or different one. all you need to purchase is a new mounting kit for $100 to put it on the next bike.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:41 AM

prize fighter is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never once got a shake from my 01 unless I set it down nasty or was asking for it. Try to bounce it up in second around 50-60mph, should standup just fine and be very easy to ride out. Same thing for third bounce her good around 70-80 and she will come up perfect. Good luck!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:03 AM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by prize fighter
Try to bounce it up in second around 50-60mph, should standup just fine and be very easy to ride out. Same thing for third bounce her good around 70-80 and she will come up perfect. Good luck!
u can bounce that biotch up way slower than that, r1s have nice low end torque... my gixxer has shitty low rpm torque and i can bounce it up at around 30-35 in second...

twistedpimp, most dampers are like that, like all hyperpro just require different mounting hardware, im pretty sure ohlins are the same way... almost all of them just require different hardware to mount up...
-icehot113
Old 10-16-2002, 12:07 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by icehot113
twistedpimp, most dampers are like that, like all hyperpro just require different mounting hardware, im pretty sure ohlins are the same way... almost all of them just require different hardware to mount up...
-icehot113 [/B]
Cool.
See what you get for not knowing about anything else.
corrected.............thanks.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:21 AM

Pete_SOI is an unknown quantity at this point
buy a suzuki
Old 10-16-2002, 08:50 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Dizzo is an unknown quantity at this point
R1's Are tricky bikes to stunt good. For Slow ****, it's kinda twitchy, you got to have SMOOTH throttle control. I went for over a year with no second gear so all wheelies were done in first. Second is smoother to power up at 75 standing up. (well Mine was stock). I'm down 1 in front, up 3 in back and now 12's are on lock! GET a damper I almost died when i did that bikes first wheelie, get a scotts, I have a shindy daytona, works fine, but scotts is better. Hope i could help. R1 subframe=JUNK
Old 10-22-2002, 04:20 PM

GYNXxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Scottts for sure ..it was the first tthing i bought for my 02 R1 .... I really like clutching my bike up at about 50 km/h ...It comes up kinda fast even in 2nd but once you get to the balance point (which seems tto be high as hell for me) you can give it smooth blips and ride that **** forever .......standups ride even further with ease!