363 slow stuff

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:07 AM

GeorgeR is an unknown quantity at this point
363 slow stuff

hey whats up...i am fairly new to stunting, and am starting to slow things down, but i wrecked it clutching it up at like 5 mph in 1st standing up. now im working on like 20 mph sitdowns and stand ups. i and -1/+12 on a 03 636, at 20 mph i clutch it in 3rd and it comes up nice and im learning brake control, it just come down way to quick i wanna start riding slow **** and stuntung parking lots bad. is 3rd gear at 20 mph ok to start learning slow **** or should i slow it down more, whats gears should i been in for like 5mph and 30 mph wheelies. also when i do highway wheelies i clutch 3rd at like 40...sry for the long post, i just wanna get good as hell for this summer
Old 04-19-2005, 10:21 AM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: 363 slow stuff

Use first gear. maybe lose some of the gearing for now til you get a little bit better. gearing makes pulling tricks easier (more torque and engine brake) but it also makes the bike more twitchy, and every gear is "shorter" so you have to get to BP quick and have really good trottle control and etc. You live close to me, you should just come down our way this weekend or one night this week and i'll help you!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:42 AM

GeorgeR is an unknown quantity at this point

kool thanx a lot im werking on getting it up quick, but im scared to go back again. any advise should i just rev it up a couple times and then dump the clutch, because now i just hold the higher rev and let out on the clutch
Old 04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
kool thanx a lot im werking on getting it up quick, but im scared to go back again. any advise should i just rev it up a couple times and then dump the clutch, because now i just hold the higher rev and let out on the clutch
you should try 2nd gear with those gears on and then on to 1st my
Old 04-19-2005, 12:09 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

yeah, try using 2nd, then once you have that balanced, try first. It's hard to tell you how to use the clutch on here. You really live close, seriously think about coming out to ride with us, you'll learn a lot more by watching for one day and us telling you what to do then by yourself! good luck bro
Old 04-19-2005, 12:41 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I have a 636 with +16 gearing and its my first year stunting. At first I tried 1st but I was way to twichy becasue Ive never had that much gearing before and I was new to the bike. So I moved on to second and 3rd gear slowing them down as much as I could for about 4 days. I then went back to 1st from a stand still and I was much better with the throttle. Then I let alot of air out of the rear tire and tried with 3500 idle and I got even better, I can even hit idle some times with regular idle now.

If you havent dropped the bike yet......DO IT!!!! I was instanly better after I dropped it for the first time.