fan switch on 900rr

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:05 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point
fan switch on 900rr

hey guys i'm wanting to put my fan on a toggle switch on my 900rr. The fan has 2 wires coming out of it, a green one and black w/blue stripe. I think the green is the ground. Now i tried splicing into the black one and hooking straight to the battery but it still didn't turn on. Do i need to wire around the sensor in the radiator? Should i unhook the green wire completely and ground it on the frame some where and do away with the sensor? some one help me out here.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person
Re: fan switch on 900rr

Black would be ground. No need to run any wires back to the battery, just tap in to the plug that connects to the fan and ground it at the same spot also. Basically all your doing is puttin a switch in between the wires that come out of the plug and ur fan....I disconnected my sensor completely but you can wire round it so it still comes on by itself.....
Old 03-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^^^^^^
exactly, its the easiest way to run them.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:16 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by headache
i tried splicing into the black one and hooking straight to the battery but it still didn't turn on. Do i need to wire around the sensor in the radiator? Should i unhook the green wire completely and ground it on the frame some where and do away with the sensor?
If you dont take the sensor out, the engine will still have to heat up all the way before the fan comes on right?

(rhetorical question)
Old 03-29-2005, 08:31 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
If you dont take the sensor out, the engine will still have to heat up all the way before the fan comes on right?

(rhetorical question)

Yes you will have the option of lettin the fan kick on itself or you turnin it on.....
Old 03-30-2005, 05:01 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys i got it all figured out today.