Stood Bike at 12...Problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Stood Bike at 12...Problems!!!!

So i put my new 12 bar on and wanted to stand the bike up. I left it in gear and stood the bike up..I didn't leave it at 12 for long.. Maybe couple minutes. I put the bike back down and now the bike doesn't seem to want to roll in gear when I pull the clutch in when it's off to roll it around. It rolls like 1 inch and then it gets really hard to push.. Once I start the bike in gear the bike moves forward just a tad and seems fine but once I turn it off in gear it doesn't want to roll.. Any ideas.. Mind you it was fine before I put it up at 12. Someone suggested that it'd be the tranny or clutch but why would putting it up at 12 mess up my clutch or tranny? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:59 PM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stood Bike at 12...Problems!!!!

don't think that putting the bike on the bar would have anything to do with your tranny.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DeltonaStunna
don't think that putting the bike on the bar would have anything to do with your tranny.
Yeah me niether.. I just called a shop and asked..
Old 03-26-2005, 06:21 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

only problems ive heard about 636's being parked on the bar is getting hydro locked
Old 03-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by doodle13245
only problems ive heard about 636's being parked on the bar is getting hydro locked
What's hydro locked?
Old 03-26-2005, 07:24 PM

2NutzCrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Its when all the oil runs out of the cyclinders. So the pistons have no lubrication to move and they lock up. So when you try and start the bike they don't move, and you can seriously break some stuff. If your going to do long wheelies or doing 12's a lot, run your bike with 1/2 qt or more over the amount called for. Don't go over 1qt more thou, and you should be safe.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:25 PM

wicked r1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
What's hydro locked?
liquid leaking into the block, basically you'd have to buy a new engine if that happens.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by wicked r1
liquid leaking into the block, basically you'd have to buy a new engine if that happens.
It'll do that just from putting it up for like 2 mins and it wasn't running either...Seems fine when I start the bike up
Old 03-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

eh just make sure its outta gear when u push it lol...
Old 03-26-2005, 08:07 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

here this guy had same problem as u...

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117266
Old 03-27-2005, 12:37 PM

zrex is an unknown quantity at this point

HYDRO-LOCK is when the cylinders are filled with gas. you CAN NOT compress a liquid so the pistons come up and hit the fuel which in turn CAN bend your crank.
since you bike did none of these things you DID NOT hydro-lock it. usually it happens when you get dirt between the needle/seat and they stay open allowing fuel into the carb bowls which in turn goes up your needle jet into your motor.

in your case, im thinking its always been this way for the simple fact theres nothing there that you could have screwed up by putting it on the 12 bar. you just never noticed it or its colder there than usual and the plates are sticking a bit from the oil
Old 03-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2NutzCrew
Its when all the oil runs out of the cyclinders. So the pistons have no lubrication to move and they lock up. So when you try and start the bike they don't move, and you can seriously break some stuff. If your going to do long wheelies or doing 12's a lot, run your bike with 1/2 qt or more over the amount called for. Don't go over 1qt more thou, and you should be safe.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:23 PM

oh and i dont think you got anything wrong with your bike either that or a few of my bikes are fuged up jus like yours, its in your head.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by wicked r1
i hate to flame you all like this but you fools dont have a clue, just keep your ears open and your mouths shut and you might learn somthing
Old 03-27-2005, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MasterShake
eh just make sure its outta gear when u push it lol...
exactly.......
Old 03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone think because he had the bike runing and in gear.. whil eit was at 12... he was slipping the cluthc making it slide ?? and warped the clutch plates a lil since there probly wasnt enough oil around the plates at 12 ?

just an idea ?
Old 03-27-2005, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by zrex
HYDRO-LOCK is when the cylinders are filled with gas. you CAN NOT compress a liquid so the pistons come up and hit the fuel which in turn CAN bend your crank.
since you bike did none of these things you DID NOT hydro-lock it. usually it happens when you get dirt between the needle/seat and they stay open allowing fuel into the carb bowls which in turn goes up your needle jet into your motor.

in your case, im thinking its always been this way for the simple fact theres nothing there that you could have screwed up by putting it on the 12 bar. you just never noticed it or its colder there than usual and the plates are sticking a bit from the oil
yes you can hydroloc it with gas but more commen is with eng oil, and again i honestly dont think theres anything wrong with the bike why dont you all go out to your garage and roll your bike in nutral and then put it in gear and pull the clutch in and roll it and post up resaults, and make sure you roll it a good 10feet both times
Old 03-27-2005, 04:33 PM

QuickSilverBusa is an unknown quantity at this point

ummm, not to sound like i know what i'm talkin' about or anything, but try pulling your plugs and draining your oil...thats how they fixed my bike...good luck man
Old 03-27-2005, 04:38 PM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sprocketz
yes you can hydroloc it with gas but more commen is with eng oil, and again i honestly dont think theres anything wrong with the bike why dont you all go out to your garage and roll your bike in nutral and then put it in gear and pull the clutch in and roll it and post up resaults, and make sure you roll it a good 10feet both times
I tend to agree with everything sprock says here...

1st, hyrdro lock is when you basically and accidentally turn your bike's motor into a hydrolic pressure system...hence the name...It occurs when pistons are filled any type of liquid to a certain level...liquids cannot be compressed and the inherent compression of the combustion process combined with the extra liquid creates a SUPER compression that will exceed the stress taking abilities of various parts in the motor including but not limited to rods, crank, bearings, valve train, blah blah blah (the liquid most commonly associated with hydro-locking is oil because it does not burn off like gas so it can accumulate quicker)...it is SUPER common with stunted zx636's basically due to a lack of education on the topic because until recently Kawasaki's were not really heavily stunted (yes I know you may have had a buddy who stunted one or someone once watched Vegas Knights blah blah blah but for every kawasaki that was stunted there were a hundred Hondas)...Kawasaki's use a crankcase breather located typically directly below the airbox...this breather helps regulate emissions and blah blah blah...basically the function of this breather is to circulate oil vapor generated inside the motor along with unspent fuel and decrease emissions by attempting to capture and or recirculate...it's the location of this breather that creates the problem...this breather is located at the back of the top main engine case above the transmission so when the bike is at super high balance point, the oil has a free passage to just flow out the breather and is basically fed back into your piston ABOVE the rings creating the deadly set of circumstances required to make your engine seize up in a hydro-lock issue. The best known fix for this includes placing either what is known as a "catch" filter or pcv valve in there...there are various ways people have done this, either by valving it and still completeing the OEM setup or by plugging the inlet and just using a breathing catch valve (the fix i have done myself.) There's the quick lesson on Hydro-lock and it's frequent occurences with Kawasaki's during super high wheelies or 12's...

Now as pertaining to your question i again agree with sprock....there is most likely nothing really wrong with your bike and I wouldnt worry about it...I do recomend that all stunting zx636 or really just about anyone stunting just about any kawasaki perform this modification I mentioned above, but I doubt your real quick escapade into looking at your bike on the 12 bar while it wasn't even running cause a serious problem...however if you didn't properly break in your bike or you are especially hard on your machine, it could be possible that non-typical engine debris from your oil pan made it's way back into the tranny while it was sitting there and could have potentially clogged things up there a little bit...or just typical debris increased the viscosity level in your tranny temporarily, causing it to seem a little more "locked" than ussual and Kawasaki trannies have always been a little bit on the finicky side...

so that being said...if you are truely freaked out that there is something wrong, there could be some debris in there, and i would recomend changing your oil and oil filter right away....if you like, you can cut open your oil filter and inspect it for abnormal debris or remove your oil pan and inspect for abnormal debris...
Old 03-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by sprocketz
oh and i dont think you got anything wrong with your bike either that or a few of my bikes are fuged up jus like yours, its in your head.
No like seriously I'm a pretty strong guy and it takes alot of strength to get it to roll .. It was not like that before.

Quick Reply: Stood Bike at 12...Problems!!!!