Stood Bike at 12...Problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Stood Bike at 12...Problems!!!!

Yeah I did'nt turn the bike on @12 just put it up for a few pics then back down
Old 03-27-2005, 06:26 PM

zrex is an unknown quantity at this point

like i said before have you started it an tried rolling it after its warmed the oil up ?
Old 03-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Six Eight Nate
Thanks alot man.. I really appreciate you taking time to write that..It seems to run fine so far just when the bike is off and in gear and I pull in the clutch to walk it around it really doesnt want to roll..like I push the shiat out of it and it just creeps slowly
Old 03-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by zrex
like i said before have you started it an tried rolling it after its warmed the oil up ?
OH sorry no I haven't..I'll try that when I get home from work
Old 03-27-2005, 06:55 PM

gixxerguy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zrex
HYDRO-LOCK is when the cylinders are filled with gas. you CAN NOT compress a liquid so the pistons come up and hit the fuel which in turn CAN bend your crank.
since you bike did none of these things you DID NOT hydro-lock it. usually it happens when you get dirt between the needle/seat and they stay open allowing fuel into the carb bowls which in turn goes up your needle jet into your motor.

in your case, im thinking its always been this way for the simple fact theres nothing there that you could have screwed up by putting it on the 12 bar. you just never noticed it or its colder there than usual and the plates are sticking a bit from the oil

Hydro lock can mean a number of things,

one if you drive a car/truck/quad/anything into a water hole and suck in water through the intake it displaces the oil in the cylinders and stalls it out, in most cases it bends vital parts, rods, crank, pushrods, valves, etc......

this is the way my dad described it to me in my younger years

"Hydro-locking is what happens when water gets sucked up into the engine's air intake. The water gets drawn into the cylinders, and when the pistons come up, the water doesn't compress like air does. So what happens is that the pistons, rods, valves and cylinder walls all combine to create an instant metal sculpture"

yes it can happen with any fluid not just water.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:02 PM

slikz is an unknown quantity at this point

Like they said, possible hydrolocking. Same **** happened to me. It got kinda stuck like that, and when I hit the starter it would just sorta clunk.

Oil went from the crankcase breather hose into the intake of the bike and into the cylinders. Now you ask, "How do I fix this?"... Simple, take off the tank/intake box/spark plugs (it doesn't take that long). Make sure you are in an area where making a mess isn't no big deal, oil will probably shoot 20 feet in the air or so... so make sure you are outside (and have a towel ready to clean **** up).

Once the sparkplugs are out, stand near the front tire but get really low and then hit the starter. Let it go for a few seconds, it should spray the oil out (like I said before, pretty damn high). Now just clean everything up, throw the plugs back in and the airbox back together, put the tank back on and you're ready to roll.

Oh, and it will smoke like a **** for a good 10 minutes after that. Lots of nice white smoke. ahhaha
Old 03-27-2005, 09:33 PM
kiN

kiN is an unknown quantity at this point

oh geez...let's get it right....hydro lock means there is a liquid, any liquid on the top side of the piston or pistons...so between the piston and cyl head
it happens when there is too much liquid in the cylinder on a compression stroke (intake and exhaust valves closed) and since the liquid can not be compressed the starter (if powerfull enough) could bend a crank shaft and in most cases bend the connecting rod
Old 03-27-2005, 09:58 PM

pa1n is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GRU
oh geez...let's get it right....hydro lock means there is a liquid, any liquid on the top side of the piston or pistons...so between the piston and cyl head
it happens when there is too much liquid in the cylinder on a compression stroke (intake and exhaust valves closed) and since the liquid can not be compressed the starter (if powerfull enough) could bend a crank shaft and in most cases bend the connecting rod
usually the starter isn't strong enough for this, but if you hydro lock an engine while it is runnin your going to need a new enigne.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
kiN

kiN is an unknown quantity at this point

true true....if it happens while you're riding, it will either hydrolock and bend some internals (bad hehe) or shoot a huge flame out of the exhaust (very good )
Old 03-27-2005, 11:29 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

ok first of all, we don't need 30 diff explanations of hydrolocking, we get the fvckin point, and 2ndly, did u need a 12 bar? honestly....
Old 03-27-2005, 11:30 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

287 i see u lookin! hit me up man, i'd like to see how things are goin
Old 03-28-2005, 03:34 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

if the bike is at a 12 and you bring it down in gear without pulling in the clutch it is REALLY bad for your tranning. I dont know exactly what it did to your bike but try and remember to take the bike outta gear or just pull in the clutch next time.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:09 AM

palladin18 is an unknown quantity at this point

the prob is that you put it into a 12 by lifting it and not wheelieing it there i think that the bike is messed up and you have to donate it to a stunter that can 12 it.

i may be wrong though

check your owners manual and see
Old 03-28-2005, 07:13 AM

sizzling is an unknown quantity at this point

It's most likely hydrolock like mentioned 30 times already. I'v seen two hydrolocked 636 and it happened almost the same way yours did. You could atleast open up the airbox and see if there is any signs of oil in the bottom and in the filter- if there is there is probably plenty more over the pistons!!! get that **** vacuumed out, do the pvc valve mod(or oil catch can system) and your good to go. just my
Old 03-29-2005, 04:43 AM

coda5351 is an unknown quantity at this point

1) he said it runs right? how can it be hydro lock.

OR

2) he is pulling the clutch in disengaging the connection of the motor and tranny, hydro lock or NOT, a disengaged clutch would eleminate that possibility.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
... I put the bike back down and now the bike doesn't seem to want to roll in gear when I pull the clutch in ... Once I start the bike in gear the bike moves forward just a tad and seems fine but once I turn it off in gear it doesn't want to roll...

just thought id point out his first post...

seems like he pulled the clutch the first time and it didnt roll ODD...

second time he did not while in gear and it didnt roll. [sarcasim]SURPRISE[/sarcasim]
Old 03-29-2005, 01:06 PM

YZFstunter4life is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah same **** happend to my bike when i did the exact same thing
<<<<pic
i put it up at 12 for a few pics after 12 bar install....when i picked it up to 12 i had it in gear and when i put i down i had it in gear...did that so that the rear tire wouldn't roll...then after i brought it down thats when sh*t didn't seem right

when i brought it down and and started it, it was like the cluch wasnt doin nothin cuz in gear tha bike just wanted to take off and i had the cluch all the way in...then when i turned off the motor and tryed rollin in in gear with the cluch all the way in it wouldn't roll at all it was like it was in gear with out the cluch engaged....

so i took off the cluch cover and thats wher tha problem was the cluch cable wasn't conected properly to the trans. so i just simply put it on how it was supposed to be started tha bike back up pulled in the cluch put it in gear problem solved!
oh yeah and when tha motor is off the cluch is in and the bike is in gear it rolls fine now!

hope this works for you bro :YEAH
Old 04-02-2005, 12:06 AM

no one else has any more input? kinda wierd.

how did every thing work out disturbed?
Old 04-02-2005, 09:30 AM

ninjaryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by palladin18
the prob is that you put it into a 12 by lifting it and not wheelieing it there i think that the bike is messed up and you have to donate it to a stunter that can 12 it.

i may be wrong though

check your owners manual and see

I'm very new to this game...

but how did he manage to lift it to 12 without wheelieing it??..You surely got to be Arnie to do this?!

Quick Reply: Stood Bike at 12...Problems!!!!