clutch slipping - F2

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 10:57 AM

wuduhel is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch slipping - F2

i've got an f2 and i think my clutch is starting to slip. i'm geared -1/+2 and am having trouble clutching it up in second. whenever i try it seems to hesitate/rev for a second before it feels like it's engaging.

what needs to be done and how hard is it? i wanna get my bike going strong again before spring
Old 02-12-2005, 11:45 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: clutch slipping - F2

I have the same problem on my F2, cant pull up 2nd gear cause the clutch is wore out. Time for a new clutch, i havnt ventured into those necks of the woods yet on mine but from what i hear its not fun.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:32 PM

Z.w.A is an unknown quantity at this point

It sound like you have to buy some new parts for your ride. Its pretty easy to change the clutch. You should stop clutching it up if you want to save the clutch. If you are geared -1/+2 you should have no problem getting it up in 2:nd without clutching it. When i had my F2 i bounced it up in 3rd gear with stock gearing without clutch.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
CEO of o2w

bigwhiteboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wuduhel
i've got an f2 and i think my clutch is starting to slip. i'm geared -1/+2 and am having trouble clutching it up in second. whenever i try it seems to hesitate/rev for a second before it feels like it's engaging.

what needs to be done and how hard is it? i wanna get my bike going strong again before spring
have you adjusted the cable at all???

if you have and it is still doing the same sh*t then just get some friction plates for it...take the clutch apart and check your metals...you might need them too...

I am not sure how many you need but you can plates and metals for about $140...brand new...

if you need them I will hook you up...PM me if you need anything...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	f2clutch.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	122682  

Last edited by bigwhiteboy; 02-12-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Z.w.A
It sound like you have to buy some new parts for your ride. Its pretty easy to change the clutch. You should stop clutching it up if you want to save the clutch. If you are geared -1/+2 you should have no problem getting it up in 2:nd without clutching it. When i had my F2 i bounced it up in 3rd gear with stock gearing without clutch.
Dont listen to this guy... keep clutching it up. Pow Pow Power wheelies are worthless.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Stock gearing on a F2 and bouncing it up in 3rd... thats very hard to believe. Im -1 and cant bounce it up in 2nd.... But maybe i just dont have that power wheelie technique down....
Old 02-13-2005, 01:44 PM

wuduhel is an unknown quantity at this point

i was bouncing it up in 2nd geared -1/+2 but clutching is way easier. i've been running really shitty oil and just put some good stuff in so we'll see if that makes any difference.

i'm out of action til the end of this week as my ignition coils went bad and i'm waiting for new ones. fvckin cost me $160 for both of them
Old 02-13-2005, 09:30 PM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

your clutch plates could be glazed. take it apart and check, if they look good and its slipping then they are most likely glazed. Just take some sandpaper to them and take off the top layer and reinstall them and they should work. I did it to mine and it works now. My clutch would slip so bad i couldnt even accelerate quick at all, bought it that way.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:48 PM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, there are tons of how-to's on replacing clutches, get a f2 shop manual on cd for the technical stuff.

i ordered OEM honda stuff from bikebandit.com, if you look at the microfiche pic up there, you need eight(8) of the ones that are labled #7, and one(1) #6. You dont have to order Honda stuff, I just like it. EBC has clutch kits that include all the discs. I would probly hold off on replacing the steels, because usually the frictions are just glazed over. For springs, I would recommend replacing yours with stock honda springs, it will keep the basket tight(since the springs will not be worn out), and not be any stiffer than stock. I put ebc springs in and I dont really like the extra lever effort, but got used to it quickly.

Anyways, if all you want to do is bounce up power w00lies, go for it and stop clutching them. But im not sure how your going to bounce up spreaders and highchairs. Clutching is the way to go.

btw, im not an expert, nor a qualified mechanic. So dont listen to anything i say.