help?wheelie= no luck wth

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM

lowndslow is a decent person
help?wheelie= no luck wth

okays, here is a bit of info about me and the bike. it's not my first time trying wheelies i had wheelies mastered on my dirtbike, which rode that thing for years. first sport bike, i know the whole general concept of bouncing and clutching it up. how i had to do it with my 125. longest wheelie i had on that was a 1 1/2 mile wheelie which i got bored so i set it down.

now onto the bike: it's a 05 gsxr with like 17k full exhaust stock gearing(it's how i bought it) lowered 4 inchs i think if not it's close, it's on the lowest setting for the lowering link. tire psi 30 cold. front forks are pulled threw the triple trees a little to lower the front, only way i can be completely flat footed.but i know it'll come up with it being how it is, i have went to the dragstrip and had it come up on me the last time i went all day long, which it didn't come up enough to loop me though.

techniques i have tried:going from a 20 in first tried grabbing the clutch and then raising the rpm like 3k then dump it which results in tire spin. so try faster in first then it just shoots off instead of doing anything.(this is with me bouncing and clutching it)

tried second in a lower rpm same general technique of dumping clutch vary the rpms still results in either tire spin or just the bike moving out lol.

which i like the fact that the bike is slammed it has helped me beat a lot of bikes that i shouldn't(a black bird,a r1, and some other 600's) along with me being pint sized helps a lot just not in the wheelie and stunt part(i'm 5'4 at 120lbs). since wanting to turn this bike into a stunt bike and buy another one to go fast on so the lady can ride one and i can as well.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:39 PM

slowgsxr is a decent person
Re: help?wheelie= no luck wth

Originally Posted by lowndslow

techniques i have tried:going from a 20 in first tried grabbing the clutch and then raising the rpm like 3k then dump it which results in tire spin. so try faster in first then it just shoots off instead of doing anything.(this is with me bouncing and clutching it)

tried second in a lower rpm same general technique of dumping clutch vary the rpms still results in either tire spin or just the bike moving out lol.

same thing happened to me when i was first practicing clutch up wheelies. Insteading of pulling your clutch all the way in and dumping it, pull it halfway and slip the clutch smoothly, while gasing . and the front end should go up. after that just keep practicing your clutch technique. Try not to overthink it
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 AM
motorpool-stunting

stunt_newb is a decent person

let some air outta that tire too you only want 18 to 22psi tops anything higher and your gonna spin. think aboutit like this the more air thats in oyur tire the less tire that is touching the ground so let a little bit out and try again if that dont work try going a lil higher with the rpms than 3k try 35 or 4 all bikes are different and you just have to find the sweet spot for your bike.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:00 PM

DARKS1D3 is a decent person

have u tried power wheelies yet?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:43 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

U really have everything working against you. The bike is slammed and u have no technic yet on shifting your body weight to get your tire to hook. My advise is raise the bike back up. Sitting that low your gonna destroy the bottom of your bike. Even poss ripping out your oil drain plug. 30 psi Is high pressure for just learning.