Trouble wheelying on full tank.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:13 AM

54RR is a decent person
Re: Trouble wheelying on full tank.

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
my 929 I could wheelie with full or empty. Get rid of those bridgerocks. you will kill yourself on them. If you do use them for stunting 12 lbs in rear and 25 in front for endoes. You might get enough grip to make it perdictible.
Damm it, the BT015 are BAD????? , i thought they were at least not bad, as they comme stock on newer CBRR, i m on a stock bike and i cant do slow ****, furthermore i commute on my bike and like to ride twisties. My bike gearing is stock by the way, i dont know if i should run 12psi in the rear when i m trying highway ****, and i m shure i m not at BP, u can see it in my avatar, thats the highest i can go now and i practicing on having a smooth roll off after clutching cause now here s what i m doing : i clutch the bike and when it s going vertical i roll off thee throttle as soon as it starts comming down i give it gas and carry the nose to just before the rev limit to have a smooth landing, so if u look at my wheelie it s comming up back down up again for a distance that is sometimes goog if i dont let it come down a lot and/or if i lauch it to near BP.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

NO do NOT run 12lbs!!. especially on the streets. i told u, 25 to 30lbs. doesnt matter if its a ****** bridgestone. if youre doing strictly parking lot riding then it would be ok to go down to like 18, 20 lbs if u reallly needed to but, you should keep it at a good pressure so ur sidewalls dont fold. at 12lbs ur nearly riding rim and dropping stoppies ur gonna bend ur rim and if u ride on the streets ur runnin the risk of losing control in a corner or getting a bad wobble in a higher speed wheelie.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 AM

J Dollaz is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
The fuel sloshing around is throwing you off ballance, you need to fill your tank with foam cubes to keep it from sloshing.
Really? or is this a Joke?

Originally Posted by 54RR
U may be right, maybe a poor cluching technique may pop an empty bike but with a full tank i have to be smoother
You know its probly all in your head, Your used to doing it one way!
and now your Not accounting for the added weight...Give it More gas More Clutch Dumpage!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:22 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

I run 12 lbs or less on the streets but I don't hit the twisties. It makes it hard to turn. You can do Idle with stock gearing. Just talk to my boy vetter. He has stock and kills o' and combos. If you have brake control you can hit idle. Just crank it up to about 4500 rpm and clutchit hard from a stand still. Trust me once you start hittin somr good wheelies on the lot you are goning to wont to keep it on the lot. less likely to get arrested and ticketed.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:58 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

I run 12 lbs or less on the streets but I don't hit the twisties. It makes it hard to turn. You can do Idle with stock gearing. Just talk to my boy vetter. He has stock and kills o' and combos. If you have brake control you can hit idle. Just crank it up to about 4500 rpm and clutchit hard from a stand still. Trust me once you start hittin somr good wheelies on the lot you are goning to wont to keep it on the lot. less likely to get arrested and ticketed.
twisties? i wouldnt want to turn a corner with 12lbs holey ****, do u plan on doing recon circles or do u ever actually want to dip into a circle. cuz its aint gonna go down real well with 12 lbs. and u wouldnt want ur idle at 4500 with stock gearing. stock gearing requires less idle to go the same speed as a higher geared bike. i run about 2500 rpms on stock gears and 2800 with +7 gearing.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM

54RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
twisties? i wouldnt want to turn a corner with 12lbs holey ****, do u plan on doing recon circles or do u ever actually want to dip into a circle. cuz its aint gonna go down real well with 12 lbs. and u wouldnt want ur idle at 4500 with stock gearing. stock gearing requires less idle to go the same speed as a higher geared bike. i run about 2500 rpms on stock gears and 2800 with +7 gearing.
I totally agree with u, i never said i want to run 12lb in the back, i tried 25lb today in my seession, didnt feel, the difference from 30lb in wheelie, but i couldn t trust that wheel in the fast corners.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 PM

54RR is a decent person

I only wish i could, the stunter where i live dont have the US stunters culture, i dont want to get into this alone, without to be able to at least see someone do it in front you, we dont have stunt sprockets, i m telling you the game here is old school.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:17 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

stock gearing takes more idle becouse you don't have the tork that the big gears have. The bigger the gear the less idle you need. if you loose bp with stock gear it takes more gas to get it back. You can circle with 12 lbs. Trust me I build tires for a livin I know what a side wall can take. Once you get ready to circle it is easier to dip in with less air and recover becouse the bike does not dip that much once you get it down up your air by 10 lbs and you will be doing some crispy creams.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
it is more about tork not speed. You are not going to get a good circle running 15mph and dipping in. You have to run your rpm high and slow it way down. if not you will just kill the engine and oops you are on your side.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:45 AM

Main thing is no matter what everyone else says ride in your confort zone. push yourself but not to the point to where you will get severly hurt.
Get your throttle control down first than everything else just falls inline.
With good control your stunts will look soo smooth. If you are going to do it old school find the instructional vids by level X. Kyle Woods and Mat Gorka
put them out a few years ago. They are worth finding. Teach you the safer way of stunting.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:40 PM

54RR is a decent person

Main thing is no matter what everyone else says ride in your confort zone. push yourself but not to the point to where you will get severly hurt.
Get your throttle control down first than everything else just falls inline.
With good control your stunts will look soo smooth. If you are going to do it old school find the instructional vids by level X. Kyle Woods and Mat Gorka
put them out a few years ago. They are worth finding. Teach you the safer way of stunting.
I have the DVD, only part one, in my session today i noticed that i am slipping the clutch too fast, not dumping it fast, so i got nice 2nd gears, i am working on my gas roll off, but in one wheelie after clutching, kept a steady gas input and tapped the break instead of rolling off, wich one is proper, i have 25lb in my tyre and i dont like it in the corners, i dont know if it s in my head but i am not pushing like i used to.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:54 PM

cbaquol is a decent person

i always noticed that with a full tank it felt a little more difficult to pop it (specially in a spreader or hc) up to bp but once i get it there it didnt really feel any different, but also when i get gas i only fill it halfway and same with everyone i ride with
Old 05-23-2008, 05:57 PM

Retro is a decent person

omg don't run 12psi in the rear tire !! 18-20 psi is as low as you want to go for the street. anything lower is just not safe.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:52 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by 54RR
plz dont tell anyone to put **** in their fuel injected bike s gas tank, some people may beleive it. Later.:YEAH

Someone that doesn't know how to bring a 954 up shouldn't tell other people not to put foam in their tank because you actually DO put foam in your tank. It stops the fuel from sloshing around and throwing ur balance off.

http://www.gzerofoam.com
Old 05-23-2008, 09:10 PM

Retro is a decent person

I think he ment don't break up your coffee cup and put it in your tank. yea that would be dumb.
but there are foam blocks you can use just for this.
but you already know this.

Last edited by Retro; 05-23-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:09 PM

54RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Someone that doesn't know how to bring a 954 up shouldn't tell other people not to put foam in their tank because you actually DO put foam in your tank. It stops the fuel from sloshing around and throwing ur balance off.

Thanks for the info man, but u r shure it works in an FI bike aswell? Well that why i use u guys for advice, cause u know u r ****, this is what stuntlife is for, learning, among other things, right? cheers.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:46 PM

J Dollaz is a decent person

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul

Amazing...
Nice Find..Thanx!