Trouble wheelying on full tank.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:59 AM

54RR is a decent person
Trouble wheelying on full tank.

Not a whyle ago i posted a thread, of traction and tire presure cause i have been having wheelie sessions.
Some of them were pretty succesfull for an aspiring stunter, others were a disaster, i could not lift the nose on first gear, when i was flirtting with BP 2nd gear the day before, and launching 1rst gear from stand still. Well today i was in a little alley with water on the ground and i poped easy, but fuel light was on. after filling the tank i couldn t lift the bike jack the tail was wipping like hell, even in second gear, i have a 954, anyways what do you think?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Trouble wheelying on full tank.

Originally Posted by 54RR
Not a whyle ago i posted a thread, of traction and tire presure cause i have been having wheelie sessions.
Some of them were pretty succesfull for an aspiring stunter, others were a disaster, i could not lift the nose on first gear, when i was flirtting with BP 2nd gear the day before, and launching 1rst gear from stand still. Well today i was in a little alley with water on the ground and i poped easy, but fuel light was on. after filling the tank i couldn t lift the bike jack the tail was wipping like hell, even in second gear, i have a 954, anyways what do you think?
The fuel sloshing around is throwing you off ballance, you need to fill your tank with foam cubes to keep it from sloshing.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

hahaha tank foam
Old 05-21-2008, 12:14 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly I usually only put half tank all the time considering what two gallons of gas probably weighs in at like...16lbs. An that's 16lbs on the front of the bike so there would be a difference...but enough of a difference that a 954 couldn't pop up?..nah.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Ratfink is a decent person

i thought a 954 would come up easy my 636 comes right up with full tank
i just wouldnt fill it up then or somthing
Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

I carry all of my gas in a backpack so that the weight is towards the back of the bike.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:05 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I keep my tank full at all times. Fill it up on the way to the spot every single time.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:49 PM

54RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ratfink
i thought a 954 would come up easy my 636 comes right up with full tank
i just wouldnt fill it up then or somthing
it s not that is no power, but the tyre is spinning like hell i d still get vertical but the bike is rising crooked so i cut off gas and no wheelie, but Nags idea is the best learn to pop it on a full tank, it s very posible, but it s a different input then.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

lean back, shift your weight while letting clutch out.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Joker
I carry all of my gas in a backpack so that the weight is towards the back of the bike.
^^^****** CLASSIC!!! LOL.....I might have to try that!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I only fill my tank half way, b/c if I wreck and I have to take my tank off I hate dealing with gas tanks that are full of gas!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 54RR
it s not that is no power, but the tyre is spinning like hell i d still get vertical but the bike is rising crooked so i cut off gas and no wheelie
thats because of your clutching technique, keep practicing and you'll get it
Old 05-21-2008, 03:49 PM

54RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
thats because of your clutching technique, keep practicing and you'll get it
U may be right, maybe a poor cluching technique may pop an empty bike but with a full tank i have to be smoother
Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is just in your head trust me. Once you get more comfortable you will not even care how much gas is in it.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:57 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

ALWAYS RIDE WITH A FULL TANK!!!!!!if tha bike is low on fuel and tha fuel pump stops picking up gas...... ........MOUSETRAP........ ...and it hurts BAD
trust me..............
Old 05-21-2008, 04:00 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

if your running too much tire pressure ur wheel will spin easily, try runnin around 25-30lbs. how much gas you have in the tank is totally irrelevant to your wheelies, ive never ever noticed a diff in my riding with a full tank compared to a near empty tank.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:58 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

It could also be a shitty *** rear tire...I had a problem where my back end would go spinning and every time I'd clutch it I'd end up doing rolling burnouts. The bike was sitting for some time and the tire was pretty hard. Changed it out to a new M3 and my first attempt it popped up stupid easy.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

I think my bike runs better with a full tank.... Try putting a little fruit in there.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 AM

54RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by REVLIMIT
It could also be a shitty *** rear tire...I had a problem where my back end would go spinning and every time I'd clutch it I'd end up doing rolling burnouts. The bike was sitting for some time and the tire was pretty hard. Changed it out to a new M3 and my first attempt it popped up stupid easy.
I am riding with brand new BT015 Brigestone Tyres, I m going to tell u, that i dont trust my tyres, my 954 is my first liter bike, i used to ride a Bandiit 400cc in college like 10 years ago, so i cant compare. Anyways, i m still practicing, and yesterday, i was determined to smooth out things, i need more practice, and i tried to stand up, now that seams imposible to do in thre moment, scary, in 1rst my bike powers no problem, so i tried stand up power wheelie just to get the feel of it, but i feel like cant know how much gas i have to give i have no feel for the throttle hand cause i m hanging to the bars, scary ****, i noticed that the bike is comming up easier but like i said cant modulate the throttle input to control the bike s hight. will try again tonight, i ll let u know what happens, thanks for any input, and plz dont tell anyone to put **** in their fuel injected bike s gas tank, some people may beleive it. Later.:YEAH
Old 05-22-2008, 06:54 AM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

my 929 I could wheelie with full or empty. Get rid of those bridgerocks. you will kill yourself on them. If you do use them for stunting 12 lbs in rear and 25 in front for endoes. You might get enough grip to make it perdictible.

Quick Reply: Trouble wheelying on full tank.