How do I get into a high chair?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:41 PM

no more f4i is a decent person
Re: How do I get into a high chair?

haha yea i bought mine off the showroom floor, then decided i didnt like my 636 anymore, so sold that and stunted the f4i
Old 09-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Adam134 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnthonyR6
I dnuno, my bike is so damn sexy, I don't wanna start putting all this **** on it, I'm thinkin frame sliders...

Everyone keeps saying that about bp. I had to have hit bp. I went so far back!! If I didn't hit bp.. then I quit.. cause it's way too far back if I didn't hit it. I'm going to video tape myself today, and ask if that's bp, because I don't know if I'm really hitting it. It doesn't really feel weightless... But could that be because I've done it so much? It use to give me chills and wierd stomach pains, but i've poped it up so much I don't feel much anymore. Anyways, I gotta get a vid up

Another thing, how do I slow down wheelies... I touch the brake the slightest bit and the bike comes whipping down. Brake + engine braking.. omfg.. My wrists are killing me.

BP is not too far back .. your just not used to it yet. When you bring it to BP or slightly past BP and you get off the throttle the bike will continue to stay at that point.. hence it being called the BALANCE point.. the first time i hit and stayed on BP in a staggered I popped it up slightly back past BP and let off the gas when I felt my stomache drop, the bike didn't go back too far because of engine brake and then i brought it back down, re-applying throttle to keep from slamming... the first tiem you hit BP and stay at BP your gonna get the reaction to slam on the brake and chop the throttle.. but if you chop the throttle and don't re-apply your gonna slam hard which is a bitch. My advice to you is buy a cage that matches the colour of your bike and stunt it .. if you want a mint bike don't worry about BP because you won't have the ***** to keep at it because you'll hit it, get scared shitless and worry about your bike.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:34 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

I dnuno, my bike is so damn sexy, I don't wanna start putting all this **** on it, I'm thinkin frame sliders...

Everyone keeps saying that about bp. I had to have hit bp. I went so far back!! If I didn't hit bp.. then I quit.. cause it's way too far back if I didn't hit it. I'm going to video tape myself today, and ask if that's bp, because I don't know if I'm really hitting it. It doesn't really feel weightless... But could that be because I've done it so much? It use to give me chills and wierd stomach pains, but i've poped it up so much I don't feel much anymore. Anyways, I gotta get a vid up

Another thing, how do I slow down wheelies... I touch the brake the slightest bit and the bike comes whipping down. Brake + engine braking.. omfg.. My wrists are killing me.

and we have our new kelm
Old 09-10-2007, 07:16 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw

and we have our new kelm
Old 09-10-2007, 09:27 PM

EvanfromNW is a decent person

its the truth stunting ruins your bike. i have an entire bike held together by some enigine bolts and a whole lot of zip ties
Old 09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Free Riders

AnthonyR6 is a decent person

Wow, good thing Outlaw came up in here, you were a lot of help.

Aright, I drove around for a frikin hour looking for a lot and found a college lot packed with cars... But I got a nice strip of road in there and did a couple real quick. On the second one, someone drove into the lot and scared me. I put it down quick, grabed the camera and calmly just took off... So I coulden't get the best of shots... And I'm way too close to the camera but I'll get some better footage soon.

As for now, how's this look so far for balance point?.. close to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFCBxT5ypr4

Last edited by AnthonyR6; 09-10-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

wow....

all i can say is you better learn to use that rb.. your about to **** that nice bike up... and that yami anit gonna hold up very well
Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 AM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been staying out of this until now. From the video I can tell your chasing BP the hole time. Don't slow up the videos. I know you don't have time or a place but get better footage in. Just think if you tried a HC came down with all that engine brakeing in you would do a super dave over the front. So slow down. Work on getting it higher and don't forget the brake it's your friend. Best of luck.

Last edited by matt360; 09-11-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:29 AM

EvanfromNW is a decent person

u slowed it down so much the bike sounded like it started to idle one that second one
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Adam134 is an unknown quantity at this point

when I said slow it down i didn't mean the video.. slow your starting speed down so your just creeping along and then clutch it.. cover rear brake and pop it slower and when you slow it down you'll be able to tell where the bike is at.. I don't even use a lot right now cause theres nothing.. know of any country roads or backroads with little to no traffic?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:07 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Slowing down a wheelie with editing software aint gangsta...

Seriously though, the first one was pretty much bp. If not, damn close. The problem is you just closed the throttle completely as soon as it got up there. Everyone does that at first. You just need to learn to roll off the throttle gradually as it comes up and use some brake as it gets there, instead of just chopping it shut. Another thing you should do is try and get an F4i throttle tube since R6's have really twitchy short turn throttles. Get some race rails too.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like you're just slamming it up to BP then shutting the throttle off and coming down.. not really a controlled or slow wheely, you should cut the height down a bit and learn to smooth it out and learn some brake control before you smash that bike up.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by Sparks!
Looks like you're just slamming it up to BP then shutting the throttle off and coming down.. not really a controlled or slow wheely, you should cut the height down a bit and learn to smooth it out and learn some brake control before you smash that bike up.
Originally Posted by Street Warrior

Seriously though, the first one was pretty much bp. If not, damn close. The problem is you just closed the throttle completely as soon as it got up there. Everyone does that at first. You just need to learn to roll off the throttle gradually as it comes up and use some brake as it gets there, instead of just chopping it shut. Another thing you should do is try and get an F4i throttle tube since R6's have really twitchy short turn throttles. Get some race rails too.

Deffinitly some great advice, with just that short film? I can't wait to get some more film and get some more tips.

So basicly, I am very close to BP if not bp. I need to learn brake control and keep the throttle on, and not turn it off..

I'll work on all these things, thanks a lot guys. When this grimy *** rain stops I'll get some better vids up..

Thanks again.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:24 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah you can tell a lot from a short bit of vid... you are definetly getting high enough technically, but because its just going up then back down the height doesnt really come into it. You should take a step back and don't worry about the height, spend some time wheelying low but using smooth throttle and learn to not shut off when the wheel comes up etc, and start using the rear brake to bring the wheel down rather than letting off the power.. make sure you are always covering the brake too. Gradually get higher but keeping it smooth and controlled, baby steps..

its all good jumping in at the deep end if you have a bike you don't mind smashing up, but you've already said that you have a minty bike you don't want to wreck.. so you reallly should take a step back and get the basics down before trying to go high with no throttle/brake control.

hope it helps and keep practicing. just take it easy, dont wanna see that minty bike get smashed if you really get into the stunting then sell it and get a cheaper f4i with crash cage etc so you can afford to crash it learnig quicker.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by Street Warrior

Aright sweet, thanks.

Originally Posted by Sparks!
Yeah you can tell a lot from a short bit of vid... you are definetly getting high enough technically, but because its just going up then back down the height doesnt really come into it. You should take a step back and don't worry about the height, spend some time wheelying low but using smooth throttle and learn to not shut off when the wheel comes up etc, and start using the rear brake to bring the wheel down rather than letting off the power.. make sure you are always covering the brake too. Gradually get higher but keeping it smooth and controlled, baby steps..

its all good jumping in at the deep end if you have a bike you don't mind smashing up, but you've already said that you have a minty bike you don't want to wreck.. so you reallly should take a step back and get the basics down before trying to go high with no throttle/brake control.

hope it helps and keep practicing. just take it easy, don't wanna see that minty bike get smashed if you really get into the stunting then sell it and get a cheaper f4i with crash cage etc so you can afford to crash it learnig quicker.
Deff great advice! Thank You. I will do exactly what you said, drop some height, focus on rear brake and throttle control.
See, I don't wanna stunt... I don't want a smashed up bike, I want a ill bike that turns heads and I can ******' wheelie in! :YEAH

So for now... Baby steps, keepin' it simple and rubber side down.

So far so good...

Last edited by AnthonyR6; 09-11-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

go streetfighter its easier.... goslow then put ur left foot over then ur right the Clutch that bitch up!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by Juar3z
go streetfighter its easier.... goslow then put ur left foot over then ur right the Clutch that bitch up!
For real? How do I do this again? pic?

put my left and right leg where?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:33 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Originally Posted by Juar3z

Old 09-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

SlickRick83 is a decent person

Originally Posted by bikefreak600
not being a dick but have you ever watched any stunt vids? please use your head and not try to ride outside your limits, take your time... and DONT try this by yourself

+1
Old 09-13-2007, 08:53 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

By streetfighter he means take all your fairings off. Then theres less stuff to break. You get a Acerbis Diamond headlight from www.haibikeshop.com and you'll be set. Then when you get good you can put the fairing back on.

And if you buy the throttle tube for a F4i like Street Warrior said that will make the throttle less sensative. Its a cheap part and basicly the throttle has a longer turn to get to full throttle so its less sensaive. That way you can be not as smooth and look smoothl.
You don't need the housing, just the plastic tube.

Quick Reply: How do I get into a high chair?