180 endos? Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:58 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point
180 endos? Tips?

How do you do them?

please only post if you have expriece doing them

i've been trying to turn the handle bars but that doesnt seem to work..

i can accidently turn them 90 degrees but never on purpose..

any tips?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 180 endos? Tips?

You gotta be able to balance stoppies and steer them first
Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your avatar old or is that how you rock endos?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 AM

CPStar is an unknown quantity at this point

If I remember correctly didnt u just start learning endos.......
Old 08-03-2007, 08:02 AM

Been.getting better.. Just wondering how u guys do then
Old 08-03-2007, 12:09 PM

i stopped recording most of my practicing.. but this is what a lot of my endos are looking like now.. i dont like doing the higher speed stuff... i feel like i have less control over them.. is there any techniques you guys use to pull 180 endos?

I know i am no where near the skill i need to be to pull one.. i am just looking for some advice so i can mix my practicing up a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSXBMlFdD0
Old 08-03-2007, 03:31 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

countersteer...as it starts to swing more brake will help with rotation...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VTR-1000
i dont like doing the higher speed stuff... i feel like i have less control over them..
I know i am no where near the skill i need to be to pull one.. i am just looking for some advice so i can mix my practicing up a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSXBMlFdD0
come on dude look what you wrote!!. to do a decent endo you must have speed, and mix up practice a little bit!! there is only so much you can do in an endo if your not rolling long and tall then thats all you need to practice. not tryin to knock you but your sounding like a squid and not a noob right here
Old 08-03-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by dscamry
come on dude look what you wrote!!. to do a decent endo you must have speed, and mix up practice a little bit!! there is only so much you can do in an endo if your not rolling long and tall then thats all you need to practice. not tryin to knock you but your sounding like a squid and not a noob right here

i tried 40-50 mph endos for 2 days.. not my thing.. my bike would come around a lot more without trying to turn it... i like to run them around 25-30.. i can control them a lot better. i dont see why you wouldnt be able to rotate the bike 180 degrees.. it is done at the endo when your coming to a stop.. so it shouldnt matter whether you going 100 or 30 at the beginning.. i might be wrong because i've never done them but i would think as long as you can get it tall at the end the initial speed shouldnt matter
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't know how to explain this!! but im gonna try if you come in low and then hit the brake hard to get it up to bp then you have more chance or better chance of flipping. if you can get it to bp and keep it there you can do what ever you want 180 or go straight. also i think the 180's are done at the end cause i don't think you would want to try a 180 at 60 on the front wheel get my drift
Old 08-03-2007, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by dscamry
i don't know how to explain this!! but im gonna try if you come in low and then hit the brake hard to get it up to bp then you have more chance or better chance of flipping. if you can get it to bp and keep it there you can do what ever you want 180 or go straight. also i think the 180's are done at the end cause i don't think you would want to try a 180 at 60 on the front wheel get my drift
i understand why they're done at the endo..

7 out of ten times when i bring up up above 40 mph they start turning on their own.. the guy i ride with says its from the lot being sloped.. but if i bring them up at 30 mph on the same sloped lot i can keep it straight..

i dont know man.. not looking to argue about it but for now i am a lot more confident doing them around 30 and having a little more control of them then taking it up to 40+
Old 08-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bruno_z
countersteer...as it starts to swing more brake will help with rotation...

had a couple more questions for you.. sent a pm.. thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 05:33 PM

CPStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VTR-1000
had a couple more questions for you.. sent a pm.. thanks

I remember you sent the video about ur back tire kicking out to one side. Everyone has gone through that problem. You should practice over and over and over and over again from 40-50 mph. You should look to accomplish these 3 things. 1) quick pop to bp. I mean quick . be patient. It takes time. If these tricks were done over night this **** wouldnt be fun cuz everyone would be doing it. 2) No back tire kicking out. Work on posture. Arms locked. Equal pressure. Remember even if it feels good chances are something isnt right. It took me a REALLY REALLY long time to get them up straight every time. Still working on the quick pop though. 3) While all these practice attempts are going on you will gain an understanding for steering.

Its rarely the bikes fault or the roads fault!! Keep trying if after 50 more hrs of practice you havent gotten a good sense of steering then raise ur concerns.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:39 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

I dont think it matters if you got ur bp down or not.

From the video I saw of you rocking a 8 footer i can see you know the basics to beable to do a 180

on the bike im on now.. I cant.. due to the fact that my front rim is so warped the left side of my rim bounces.. so I dont feal like looping trying to get them down on the gsxr..

basicly.. to get your *** to turn left.. Turn right.. (of course) and wheN i say turn i dont mean the slow changing lane turns.. you Turn right.. and correct str8.. it causes ru back to swing.. Like the other guy said

You do it when your losing speed.> I would do it when your goign the slowest.. and work your way up.. Your going to be doing the stoppies where when you started learning.. your rear moved 2 feet and you didnt know why.. it was in the steering.. its also in the leaning but I controll it on the bars..

Just reading that doesnt make much sense.. So play with it.. Do some slow short stoppies and play with the steering..

I forgot to add. Theres a Fine line between Squids.. and WANNABE Stunters..

I dont think your a squid.. half these fawks call ppl squids when truth is.. your gonna be reading about em soon enough!

good luck on it.. doing a 180 has already blown out my left ankle.. so be caucious when doing any stoppie.

Last edited by ecthemc; 08-03-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:52 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ecthemc

on the bike im on now.. I cant..

basicly.. to get your *** to turn left.. Turn right.. (of course)

maybe that's the reason...if you want to swing your *** to the left, you turn left...
Old 08-04-2007, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by ecthemc
I dont think it matters if you got ur bp down or not.

From the video I saw of you rocking a 8 footer i can see you know the basics to beable to do a 180

on the bike im on now.. I cant.. due to the fact that my front rim is so warped the left side of my rim bounces.. so I dont feal like looping trying to get them down on the gsxr..

basicly.. to get your *** to turn left.. Turn right.. (of course) and wheN i say turn i dont mean the slow changing lane turns.. you Turn right.. and correct str8.. it causes ru back to swing.. Like the other guy said

You do it when your losing speed.> I would do it when your goign the slowest.. and work your way up.. Your going to be doing the stoppies where when you started learning.. your rear moved 2 feet and you didnt know why.. it was in the steering.. its also in the leaning but I controll it on the bars..

Just reading that doesnt make much sense.. So play with it.. Do some slow short stoppies and play with the steering..

I forgot to add. Theres a Fine line between Squids.. and WANNABE Stunters..

I dont think your a squid.. half these fawks call ppl squids when truth is.. your gonna be reading about em soon enough!

good luck on it.. doing a 180 has already blown out my left ankle.. so be caucious when doing any stoppie.
thanks for the pointers.. i was out the other night trying to use my weight and counter steer... but its pretty difficult to commit to steering the opposite way that your whipping your body. i've been trying though.. i am getting up to around 60-70 degree turns max right now.. i'll keep trying
Old 08-04-2007, 10:16 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Originally Posted by bruno_z
maybe that's the reason...if you want to swing your *** to the left, you turn left...

my turn is always to the right.. and the swing always come from the left..

I figured it out by accident in a near loop experience. and said.. Holy **** I just did a 180..

I didnt roll off into victory.. I was lifting my body off the pavement and cleaning my bloody elbows..

But.. when it swung around.. i was turned right.. angled all fucked up..

Since then On my gsxr i can get it about 90 degrees and drop it and drive off.. but every time I try to make it all the way around my rim feals like im running over bumps and i lose my controll of braking..

when I get the new rim ill be sure to show u some step by step video blogs