kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

im going riding peace
Old 03-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

nags, sticky this thread.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

after reading all 4 pages im still wondering if i should do this ... lol

yall confused the fck out of me
Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

probably one of the best discussions on this forum to date.....the way i see it, there is no place for pressure from the crank case to vent, it just doesn't seen like it could vent through the ports, thus creating valve covers to blow out.....which is why my bike started on fire at the starboyz comp last year LOL
Old 03-20-2007, 07:37 PM

i hear the 05/06s it helps keep oil out the airbox big time

so i might do this this week while my bike is still down
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mekrew
i hear the 05/06s it helps keep oil out the airbox big time

so i might do this this week while my bike is still down
just run a hose from your crank case breather arround your air box a few times then back to the airbox port
Old 03-20-2007, 07:53 PM

ill follow all the steps on that how to , just need to goto auto parts store and look for all that crap to buy ... looks like i need to make a shopping list
Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Cool Re: kleen air on my 636-good idea!

Originally Posted by Ryan S
probably one of the best discussions on this forum to date.....the way i see it, there is no place for pressure from the crank case to vent, it just doesn't seen like it could vent through the ports, thus creating valve covers to blow out.....which is why my bike started on fire at the starboyz comp last year LOL
you are assuming that it just goes from the crank case to the valve cover and i thought that too until i read all the threads on this mod

if that were the case then yes it would just create pressure and blow out all the seals on the motor ,but but but it doesn't just go to the valve cover it is vented thru the exhaust ports which actually causes a vaccum in the crank case not pressure

the thing that proves that it is ported thru the exhaust is the fact that you get smoke out the tail pipe ,if it just went to the valve cover then how would the smoke make it out the tail pipe

and i went riding tonight after posting in this thread and i did get it to smoke alittle bit when i was doing a spreader i dropped in on engine brake for a good long time and did get a puff of smoke further proving this mod works

because had i not done this mod all the oil that caused the smoke would have just gone in my air box

so the fact of the matter is that this will not,i repeat not blow out gaskets

and in response to wheeliest saying those ports are small and won't flow well,the ports have to be small for the exhaust to create a vaccum if they were big wide open ports then the exhaust would then just come in rather then suck out

wheeliest also said that he was gonna put a guage on his r6 to see if there was pressure in the crank case ,this would only be relivent if he did it on a bike that had this mod...
Old 03-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i would love to see gauge readings!!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Ok i'm still running this mod and have been ever since i started this thread and i haven't had ANY problems with gaskets or seals or anything else for that matter.

This mod works and it gives you more low end power, just rerouting the hose around the airbox a few times will not give you any more power and probably won't have very much of an effect on wether or not you still get oil in your airbox cause it's still hooked to the airbox!

The best way i know how to describe how this creates a vaccum instead of pressure is:

Take an automotive spray gun, The air blowing by the small jet pulls paint from the canister and doesn't blow pressure into the can...... Same thing here, the exhaust blows by and pulls the hot air / oil from the crancase with it.

Bottom line is , IT WORKS

Would you rather take a chance of blowing a valve cover gasket(WILL NOT HAPPEN) or getting an airbox full of oil and hydrolocking your engineand break a rod or 2?

I know what i did and I'm happy with the fact that it stays clean & it has more low end torque = stronger idle
Old 03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
also known as OMR

Take an automotive spray gun, The air blowing by the small jet pulls paint from the canister and doesn't blow pressure into the can...... Same thing here, the exhaust blows by and pulls the hot air / oil from the crancase with it.

i couldn't have said it better myself kudo's brutha.............................
Old 03-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

I'll be damn!!!
I got a Sticky!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:29 AM

to the garage i go to take the tank off and look at this crap
Old 03-21-2007, 01:37 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

my setup
Less than 3FT heater hose 1/2" ID
hose clamps
screws or vacuum caps
3/8" 3/8" 1/2" T-Valve, 1/2" 90' valve

I couldn't find the 3/8" so I used the existing two small T-Valve hoses in a 3way 1/2" T-Valve

Roger
inlet air pressure sensor

my bar
Old 03-21-2007, 01:55 AM
also known as OMR

thank you........i left all the vaccum lines hooked up and just plugged the one that opens and closes the factory t fitting so what ever the inlet air pressure sensor tells the computer it's still telling it ...lol
Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Originally Posted by old man roger
thank you........i left all the vaccum lines hooked up and just plugged the one that opens and closes the factory t fitting so what ever the inlet air pressure sensor tells the computer it's still telling it ...lol
only two off the throttle bodies run from the factory T, the third vacuum on the right runs off the airbox. i think...
Old 03-21-2007, 02:31 AM
also known as OMR

yours is a cali bike it's not the same as mine.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Originally Posted by old man roger
yours is a cali bike it's not the same as mine.
aahhh cool.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

u workin today alex?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:59 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

i just did mine. i reused the factory Vacumm switch-valve but i took the spring out. KLEEN mod system is so easy even a cave man can do it...

Quick Reply: kleen air on my 636-good idea!