best master cylinder.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM

Paky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: best master cylinder.

Originally Posted by kj954
I'm running a brembo 16/18 w/ a 4 piston nissin front caliper on the rear.... it is ******* fantastic.
how would foot brake work with 4 pistons i would put only one caliper for foot and HB
Old 01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paky
how would foot brake work with 4 pistons i would put only one caliper for foot and HB
Dual caliper
Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the same bracket. how's the lockup compared to a dual rear caliper setup? is it touchy?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atnuts
I bought the same bracket. how's the lockup compared to a dual rear caliper setup? is it touchy?
Did you put yours on yet? How do ya like it??

I never had a regular dual setup... just a fullthrottleinc master w/ the brembo.

The lockup is much easier w/ this new bracket... and it's a bit more touchy at first... but I'm used to it now and absolutely LOVE it. The 1st day I put it on I was doin seat stander coasters scrapes and pullin it off of the bar w/ just 1 finger while coasting (not clutchin out). I could never do that before... (i have small hands and a weak *** grip).
Old 01-06-2007, 04:53 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj954
Did you put yours on yet? How do ya like it??

I never had a regular dual setup... just a fullthrottleinc master w/ the brembo.

The lockup is much easier w/ this new bracket... and it's a bit more touchy at first... but I'm used to it now and absolutely LOVE it. The 1st day I put it on I was doin seat stander coasters scrapes and pullin it off of the bar w/ just 1 finger while coasting (not clutchin out). I could never do that before... (i have small hands and a weak *** grip).
+10

I also have a dual caliper set-up now, but i use both the calipers for my HB, and only the stock one for the foot brake...

I use to have the brembo 16x18, but it was a bit soft cause it had to push 2 calipers... Now I have a 18mm brembo which is better... It brakes so much harder and better then just with one caliper in the back.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Insane J
+10

I also have a dual caliper set-up now, but i use both the calipers for my HB, and only the stock one for the foot brake...

I use to have the brembo 16x18, but it was a bit soft cause it had to push 2 calipers... Now I have a 18mm brembo which is better... It brakes so much harder and better then just with one caliper in the back.
How did you set it up like that?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by hyperryder
ya one thig about a brembo is the seals do give after a wile. i have had 2 so far i had to replace them every every three month of hard use.
Yeah I had that to... a week ago, my pressure begin to lower during circle's... I was like: WTF

But indeed, my seals are leaking inside the brembo.

The only thing is, here in Holland, you can't buy the seals You have to send your master cilinder to brembo, and they will fix it for you at the costs of 90 dollars.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by nags
How did you set it up like that?
Really simpel, everyone could use this :YEAH

here a couple of pics, hope you understand it

But the 16x18 was a bit weak for this set-up, so like I told, now I have a 18mm radial brembo. It's a clutch master... works fine

What you think of it Nags?
Old 01-06-2007, 05:02 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

pushing two calipers you should be fine with almost any master....i wouldnt spend the 90 on the brembo ...its just gonna need seals again and again
Old 01-06-2007, 05:04 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

its genius in its simplicity
Old 01-06-2007, 05:04 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Really simpel, everyone could use this :YEAH

here a couple of pics, hope you understand it

But the 16x18 was a bit weak for this set-up, so like I told, now I have a 18mm radial brembo. It's a clutch master... works fine

What you think of it Nags?
Seems cool. The idea is nice and all. I just don't see the need for 2 calipers for the handbrake.. Mine is plenty sick with the single caliper
Old 01-06-2007, 05:10 AM

Ok, well that sounds great, but I really needed more braking power... I tried everything before, when I use to have a single caliper set-up, but just nothing worked

New brake pads, other rear clipers, steel braided lines etc. etc. But when I did a seat stander coaster scrape for example, and wanted to bring it back from the bar with just one finger braking.. I could pull the brembo as hard as possible, but almost nothing happened...

I could really get angry about this... I just hadn't have enough braking power.. simple... I also noticed it during circles, when giving a bit to much gas, i could brake full power, but still loop it...

This set-up works just great, I have alot of feel in it, and can brake everything with one finger :YEAH

and I think the set-up from kj954 is comparable... it just rocks
Old 01-06-2007, 05:11 AM

Ok, well that sounds great, but I really needed more braking power... I tried everything before, when I use to have a single caliper set-up, but just nothing worked

New brake pads, other rear clipers, steel braided lines etc. etc. But when I did a seat stander coaster scrape for example, and wanted to bring it back from the bar with just one finger braking.. I could pull the brembo as hard as possible, but almost nothing happened...

I could really get angry about this... I just hadn't have enough braking power.. simple... I also noticed it during circles, when giving a bit to much gas, i could brake full power, but still loop it...

This set-up works just great, I have alot of feel in it, and can brake everything with one finger :YEAH

and I think the set-up from kj954 is comparable... it just rocks

My setup is almost too much for some reason... I dunno. I didnt do anything too fancy... just a sick bleedjob
Old 01-06-2007, 05:12 AM
also known as OMR

i run a 4 piston caliper alone and it is great
Old 01-06-2007, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
pushing two calipers you should be fine with almost any master....i wouldnt spend the 90 on the brembo ...its just gonna need seals again and again
+1

and cause the 90 is without shipping costs, it would even get more expansive, and god knows how long it would take to get it back from them

So i bought the 18mm for 80 bucks, and works fine... Hope to find a cheap set with seals for the 16x18, so I can fix it sometime, and then sell it But i'm not really searching, so if anyone can hook me up, plz let me know
Old 01-06-2007, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i run a 4 piston caliper alone and it is great
Wait till you feel my new setup
Old 01-06-2007, 05:16 AM
also known as OMR

what did you change
Old 01-06-2007, 05:17 AM

what's it gonna be like ?
Old 01-06-2007, 05:19 AM

what's it gonna be like ?
Just putting the 16x18 on. But as it is now my **** locks up with one finger SOOO easily. With the new master its going to be even better :YEAH
Old 01-06-2007, 05:22 AM
also known as OMR

the 16x18is the one for single caliper ?

Quick Reply: best master cylinder.