best master cylinder.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person
Re: best master cylinder.

i vote brembo all the way, 16x18 i am way better now that i have it, and hell you can even afford one if you check out the redicious low prices HAI is selling them for

www.HAIbikeshop.com
Old 01-04-2007, 07:15 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Ice
i vote brembo all the way, 16x18 i am way better now that i have it, and hell you can even afford one if you check out the redicious low prices HAI is selling them for

www.HAIbikeshop.com
No offense but $210 is regular pricing on the Brembo's, so being 1 cent cheaper aint that low.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:44 PM

cisco5311 is an unknown quantity at this point

I snagged some master cylinder off ebay from like a 96 or 97 ZX7 and it works really really good

I think as long as you bleed the system really well any radial master will do the job
Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
No offense but $210 is regular pricing on the Brembo's, so being 1 cent cheaper aint that low.
u canadians have no sense of humor
Attached Images      
Old 01-04-2007, 11:32 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ct954
The r1 and r6 is the best. They are 16mm brembo's. The gsxr's are 3/4 (18mm) Nissen's. I,ve had both and the yamaha ones are the strongest...

3/4 = 19mm

11/16 = 17.5mm

5/8 = 16mm

The 954 and 929 masters are 11/16, the 1000rr radials are also 11/16, the f4i master is 5/8.

Those are the one's that I'm sure of... don't know about any others.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
kj

the smaller piston (16mm) will exert more force on the caliper piston than the 19 ... but the trade off will be a longer stroke needed to give that same power.... the good thing about that is the longer stroke = better feedback/feel at the lever, (not the on/off feeling you get w/ a larger bore master).

that's why everybody loves the brembos 16/18 as opposed to a 19/18
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 AM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj954
the smaller piston (16mm) will exert more force on the caliper piston than the 19 ... but the trade off will be a longer stroke needed to give that same power.... the good thing about that is the longer stroke = better feedback/feel at the lever, (not the on/off feeling you get w/ a larger bore master).

Good info!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

but everything can change with smaller ID Brake line...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:54 AM

I've never heard that before???
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

local hotrod shop here in az (Lopers) carrys pressure fitting steel braided line for doing nitros tanks and u can use it for ur HB line, front brake lines etc and they offer it in lots of different inside diameters. so this whole what MC is the best is simply unknown parameters and is why people have so many issues with feel/lock up etc... doesn't that put a stick in your spokes
Old 01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
kj

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
local hotrod shop here in az (Lopers) carrys pressure fitting steel braided line for doing nitros tanks and u can use it for ur HB line, front brake lines etc and they offer it in lots of different inside diameters. so this whole what MC is the best is simply unknown parameters and is why people have so many issues with feel/lock up etc... doesn't that put a stick in your spokes
Sorry... not true. The line size makes no difference.

The only parameters are surface area size of 2 pistons.... the master and the caliper.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:37 PM

VBSXGRAHAM is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantasic input from all of ya, thanks alot. I had in mind to use 929 or brembo never thought bout gixxer 1000. Ive got a 929 sitting in the garage so i'll give that ago before i try brembo, I think alot of it is bleeding the handbrake system properly its difficult to do, my existing handbrake was junk until i had it properly bled with suction pump, however its still not great hence my wanting a change.

Thanks again everyone, let you know how i get on.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Sorry... not true. The line size makes no difference.

The only parameters are surface area size of 2 pistons.... the master and the caliper.

+1 common hydralic principles. The line size will not matter, but something else to throw into the equation is some bikes use dual piston rear calipers, this will also make a differance, GSXR is an example of that. It will be just like running a smaller piston master cylinder cause it will take 2 times as much fluid to push the pads the same amount, and they will both have same applied pressure, so that equals more stopping power and more lever pull, which also does away with the on and off of the bigger bore masters. I have a GSXR radial on mine right now but would be very curious to see what a 16mm would do with the dual piston..
Old 01-05-2007, 01:54 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Oh and thanks for the specs on the differant master sizes. I have been wanting to see those for a while!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:00 PM
kj

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
I have a GSXR radial on mine right now but would be very curious to see what a 16mm would do with the dual piston..
I'm running a brembo 16/18 w/ a 4 piston nissin front caliper on the rear.... it is ******* fantastic.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 PM

^ you got the hohey setup.... I hate F4i guys now.....
Old 01-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
doesn't that put a stick in your spokes...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
^ you got the hohey setup.... I hate F4i guys now.....

While it seems like a decent setup, you can get sick brakes from the stock caliper. I have a stock rear caliper on my bike and steel lines all the way from the handbrake back. With a sick bleed job, I have yet to feel even a dual caliper (front caliper on rear) setup that works better than mine. You'd be suprised how good the stock setup can be.

Last edited by nags; 01-05-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by ct954
doesn't that put a stick in your spokes...
I just try confusing people. or do i?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:04 PM

^ lmfao!!!!

Quick Reply: best master cylinder.