Stand up and Help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 PM

ChainBlockRider is an unknown quantity at this point
Stand up and Help...

I am having a lot of trouble getting the front tire off the ground standing up in second. I have even tried staggered stance and my lame *** skills won't bring it up. I rev the shyt out of it and dump the clutch but to no avail! It'll come up fine sitting down in second as long as I move my *** to the very back of the seat.

Also any tips on riding the BP would help. I can get there in second sitting down but #1 I can't see in front of me and #2 I su(k!

Problem is I am better at wheelieing than all the guys I ride with (even though their good riders) so they can't show me how to improve.

I'm sorta stuck popping up 1st gear and working on 1st gear BP sit downs and riding second gear sit downs a little ways chasing the BP and working rear brake control.

I just wanna get off this Platou! Any tips/experience/comments would be appreciated!

PS I'm working with stock gearin and think I wanna keep it that way for a while.

Last edited by ChainBlockRider; 08-17-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 PM

gixxertpa is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Stand up and Help...

learn spreaders first :YEAH
Old 08-17-2006, 11:37 PM

dan4th83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stand up and Help...

dont use the clutch bounce it up. go along at a somewhat high rpm, then at the same time let off the gas and push down with your arms to preload the front shocks. then pull up and give it gas. it also helps if you set your rear shock real stiff so it does not absorb the power, and the lower your rear tire psi the easier it will be, try low 20s. low it is all a matter of timing. you may want to try this in first gear first because falling on the freeway is not fun.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:07 AM

Ando is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ DONT tell him not to use the clutch

Are you spastic?

pow pow power whoolies are gay

Last edited by Ando; 08-18-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:42 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

stand staggard and just slip the clutch out around your powerband and keep giving it gas untill you see your front tire
Old 08-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Puer is an unknown quantity at this point

Open the throtle
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 PM

ChainBlockRider is an unknown quantity at this point

I went out and practiced yesterday and after I layed my bike down trying to do a rolling burnout I got down how to do the 2nd gear staggered stand ups. When I layed her down I messed up the upper, the frame slider exploded(lucky I had a spare) and I scratch the bottom of my Sato peg and bent it up a little. Not too bad. The rear end just got away from me. The worst thing was I fu(ked up a $100 pair of dress pants.

When I was in a staggered stance doing clutch ups I was not putting enough weight on my rear foot. The problem was not throttle or SLIPPING the clutch it was weight distribution.

I figured that out the spent the afternoon in a lot practicing 1st gear stand ups, sit downs, rear brake/throttle control. My last wheelie of the day(I decided it was my last prior to the fact) I clutched it up in first and gave it just a little too much gas. I stood the bike strait up at about two miles an hour. My feet fell off the pegs and my toes hit the ground with my thies hanging on the part of the seat that comes out where the passenger pegs are. My butt was still on the seat and I was still holding the bars but I was strait up at 12. I was just hoping it would fall strait forward instead of looping back. I had the throttle off and I had to rely on engine breaking since my feet weren't on the rearsets to cover the break. I sat there stalled strait up in the air and then fell forward perfectly clean. I wish I had had a camera or at least someone besides the Mexican kid who's mom was teaching him how to drive in the same parking lot there to see it.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

kill switch was my best friend when i was learning lot stuff
Old 08-25-2006, 09:25 PM

ExoticRyder is an unknown quantity at this point

practice in 1st. u dont even need second
Old 08-25-2006, 09:33 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ChainBlockRider
I went out and practiced yesterday and after I layed my bike down trying to do a rolling burnout I got down how to do the 2nd gear staggered stand ups. When I layed her down I messed up the upper, the frame slider exploded(lucky I had a spare) and I scratch the bottom of my Sato peg and bent it up a little. Not too bad. The rear end just got away from me. The worst thing was I fu(ked up a $100 pair of dress pants.

When I was in a staggered stance doing clutch ups I was not putting enough weight on my rear foot. The problem was not throttle or SLIPPING the clutch it was weight distribution.

I figured that out the spent the afternoon in a lot practicing 1st gear stand ups, sit downs, rear brake/throttle control. My last wheelie of the day(I decided it was my last prior to the fact) I clutched it up in first and gave it just a little too much gas. I stood the bike strait up at about two miles an hour. My feet fell off the pegs and my toes hit the ground with my thies hanging on the part of the seat that comes out where the passenger pegs are. My butt was still on the seat and I was still holding the bars but I was strait up at 12. I was just hoping it would fall strait forward instead of looping back. I had the throttle off and I had to rely on engine breaking since my feet weren't on the rearsets to cover the break. I sat there stalled strait up in the air and then fell forward perfectly clean. I wish I had had a camera or at least someone besides the Mexican kid who's mom was teaching him how to drive in the same parking lot there to see it.
um.. you weren't at 12 if it came back forward.. u were still in bp if that.. u have a lot farther back to go, especially if u were really at 2mph.. don't listen to the dipshit tellin u to do power wheelies... use the clutch, practice 1st or second, i say first because it's touchier, and will teach u better throttle control.. and if u are working on brake, a good habit is to not take your legs off the pegs!! when u get scared your instinct should be to mash brake, keep the practice up, and don't stunt in dress pants dippy
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 PM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

i think he just invented a new trick a (power 12).
Old 08-25-2006, 10:41 PM

tried that last year.... didnt work out well
Old 08-25-2006, 10:50 PM

MaD_blood is an unknown quantity at this point

lol i dont wanan loop it
Old 08-25-2006, 10:55 PM

if you stunt you will..
Old 08-25-2006, 11:04 PM

MaD_blood is an unknown quantity at this point

my plan was to stunt and not crash
Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 PM

LuckyEddie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think ther might be a flaw in your plan
Old 08-26-2006, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by LuckyEddie
I think ther might be a flaw in your plan
+1
Old 08-26-2006, 12:35 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

what baout just wheelies???? still a flaw?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:47 AM

ah ... just loop one .... after that you wont be scared

Quick Reply: Stand up and Help...