Stunting Liability Waiver Form

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:27 PM

Schooler is a decent person
Stunting Liability Waiver Form

ok so im riding at my normal spot lright down the road..and the owner comes up to me and sais i cnat be there..yaddi yadda.....liability...well sue him if i get hurt...so i told him i have a liability wavier..and he said that would be fine,but the fact is i dont really have a wavier...but i do rememeber some of my fellow stuntlifers tlaking about this before..i think maybe it was Schwartz who said he had a copy of a very professionally written form.....if anyone can help me out, or get me a wavier id greatly appreciatte it
thnx
yours truely
SCH to the ooler
Old 05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: liability WAVIER

This is the one I use:

Liability Release Form

I,______(NAME)________________here by agree to the following rules set forth by the property

owner,____________(NAME)_______________of said property, _____(ADDRESS)_____________,

__(CITY)____________, __(STATE)_.

I agree that I have permission to operate my motorcycle, a __(MAKE/MODEL)____, VIN number

___________________, on the above stated property. Under no circumstances is the owner of said

property responsible or liable for any damages, personal or property, to my motorcycle or myself. I am

fully and completely aware of the dangers involved in operating my vehicle. This includes, but is not

limited to: death, dismemberment, permanent or temporary impairment, paralysis, loss of limb(s), etc.

Under no circumstances do I have the legal right to pursue the property owner for compensation of

damages occurring to my motorcycle or myself. I also agree that any damage caused by my occupancy or

temporary use of the property is to be reported immediately to the property owner. It is solely my

responsibility to repair/correct any alterations I cause to the property. In the event the property owner

cannot be reached the caretaker,____________________, will be notified immediately. It is my responsibility to

provide, and wear, the appropriate safety gear while operating my motorcycle on the property. Public

access to the property will be restricted and controlled by the use of caution tape and or brightly colored

cones, which shall be removed before leaving the property. This is to prevent unauthorized access and deter

spectators. This is a legal binding agreement between the property owner and myself. I will not try and

alter, forge or destroy this agreement, which may be punishable by law, because I am entering into it

completely and willingly. Any violation of this agreement will result in my loss of privileges to access the

above referenced property, and legal action may be pursed by the owner. Any alterations to this agreement

must be made in writing and signed by both the motorcycle operator and the property owner. If the property

owner is unavailable the caretaker,______________________, shall serve as the needed signature. There will be no

exceptions.

Motorcycle Operator: ________________________ DOB: ____________
SIGNATURE
Contact phone #1: ___________________ Contact phone #2: ____________________

Emergency Contact: __________________________ Phone: _________________

Property Owner/Caretaker: ________________________ Date: ____________
SIGNATURE

Last edited by Armenian; 05-18-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:16 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I showed the waiver above to the cops yesterday and they said it was cool so they sat and watched us stunt.

This waiver gives only one person responsibility though--so if your boys want to come out and stunt make sure you add an asterisk at the bottom of the waiver stating YOU have sole decision and responsibility of WHO rides at the spot. And only when you are there or else people might start making copies of waivers and blowing up the spot. Good Luck!

Last edited by Armenian; 05-18-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:22 PM

Schooler is a decent person

sweet dude...thnks alot man..printing it up right now
Old 05-18-2006, 10:26 PM

anytime!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:54 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

for you lazy people, here is the waiver that martino posted. A very good one as well

Waiver/Release Agreement
WAIVER/RELEASE AGREEMENT
I understand that there are risks and dangers inherent in participating and/or receiving instruction in Controlled Motorcycle Riding, hereinafter referred to as "Activity". I also understand that in order to be allowed to participate and/or receive instruction in Activity, I must give up my rights to hold ________________________liable for any injury or damage that I may suffer while participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.
Knowing this, and in consideration of being permitted to participate and/or receive instruction in Activity, I hereby voluntarily release _____________________ from any and all liability resulting from or arising out of my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity.
I understand and agree that I am releasing not only the entities set forth in the paragraph above, but also the officers, agents, and employees of those entities.
I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release will have the effect of releasing, discharging, waiving and forever relinquishing any and all actions or causes of action that I may have or have had, whether past, present or future, whether known or unknown, and whether anticipated or unanticipated by me, arising out of my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity.
I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release applies to personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death which I may suffer, even if caused by the acts or omissions of others.
I understand and agree that by signing this Waiver/Release, I am assuming full responsibility for any and all risk of death or personal injury or property damage suffered by me while participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.
I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release will be binding on me, my spouse, my heirs, my personal representatives, my assignees, my children and any guardian ad litem for said children.
I understand and agree that by signing this Waiver/Release, I am agreeing to release, indemnify and hold ____________________________, agents or employees harmless from any and all liability or costs, including attorney’s fees, associated with or arising from my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity.
I understand and agree that if I am signing this Waiver/Release on behalf of my minor child, that I will be giving up the same rights for said minor as I would be giving up if I signed this document of my own behalf.
I acknowledge that I have read this Waiver/Release Agreement and that I understand the words and language in it. I have been advised of the potential dangers incidental to participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity .
Dated: _________________________,20________
Print Name: ____________________________________
Sign Name: ____________________________________
Witness: ____________________________________

I acknowledge that ________________________ may deny permission to engage in Activity at any time for any reason without notification. I acknowledge________________ may choose to void this agreement at their sole discretion without reason or notification.

(Keep this part to show to the 5-0)
I ______________ give permission for joe stunna to engage in controlled motorcycle riding upon the premises of Some Warehouse. I have been given a thorough release/waiver signed by joe stunna, and my company and I am in no way responsible from actions taking place on the property.
I may deny permission to engage in Activity at any time for any reason without notification. I may choose to void this agreement at their sole discretion without reason or notification.
Dated: _________________________,20________
Print Name: ____________________________________
Sign Name: ____________________________________
Witness: ____________________________________
Old 05-19-2006, 02:53 AM

KevinWebster1 is an unknown quantity at this point

somebody should make this a sticky. its some good quality stuff
Old 05-19-2006, 09:05 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KevinWebster1
somebody should make this a sticky. its some good quality stuff
done
Old 05-19-2006, 11:42 AM

Re: Liability Waiver

Good work Tiller
Old 05-21-2006, 10:15 PM

F.P.L.K.S. is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do a show for someone and sign a waiver like this, it protectes the property owner from you sueing him for f*cking yourself up. Does anything protect me from getting sued if something dumb happens and a spectator gets hurt?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:58 AM

another good point...
Old 05-23-2006, 04:34 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by F.P.L.K.S.
If you do a show for someone and sign a waiver like this, it protectes the property owner from you sueing him for f*cking yourself up. Does anything protect me from getting sued if something dumb happens and a spectator gets hurt?
you'd have to have everyone sign the waiver, and depending on the state you're in, your *** might still not be covered. But that's what event liability insurance is for.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:43 PM

circle_roker is an unknown quantity at this point

im pretty sure that if a spectator is on the owners proporty without his permisson then they are breaking the trsspassing law, if its after hours.. so if you have the form, then you are safe, and they are breaking the law, so you are safe... dont take my word for it, but it sounds right.. so i think that you woul be on the up and up... but then again, when has motorcycle stunting been 100% on the up and up???
Old 05-23-2006, 07:56 PM

Coasters keeps spectators away from you lol. Throw in a wobble for bonus points. I usually get the deer in the headlights look haha.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:44 AM

circle_roker is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 05-24-2006, 04:48 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by F.P.L.K.S.

We typically request that we be named in the companies event insurance policy, which is typically a blanket policy for tracks (don't need to be named), shops etc might be different. More often than not, companies notify their insurance company that an event may be taking place, that is when you would want to make the request.

If they won't cover us under their policy we raise the rates that we charge and call an events insurance company and obtain a policy. We have done shows in the past with no policy but it can be risky.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:17 PM

F.P.L.K.S. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verticaljay
We typically request that we be named in the companies event insurance policy, which is typically a blanket policy for tracks (don't need to be named), shops etc might be different. More often than not, companies notify their insurance company that an event may be taking place, that is when you would want to make the request.

If they won't cover us under their policy we raise the rates that we charge and call an events insurance company and obtain a policy. We have done shows in the past with no policy but it can be risky.
How much does one of these event policies cost? We have a guy at a bar that wants us to do a show but hes worried about the "what ifs" and spectators getting hurt. If you put up a disclaimer at the riding area like enter at your own risk does that get you anywhere?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

If anyone cares here is the form so you can just copy, paste, and print.

Liability Release Form

I,________________________here by agree to the following rules set forth by the property owner,_______________________________of said property, ____________________, ___________________, _____. I agree that I have permission to operate my motorcycle, a ______________, VIN number_____________________, on the above stated property. Under no circumstances is the owner of said property responsible or liable for any damages, personal or property, to my motorcycle or myself. I am fully and completely aware of the dangers involved in operating my vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to: death, dismemberment, permanent or temporary impairment, paralysis, loss of limb(s), etc. Under no circumstances do I have the legal right to pursue the property owner for compensation of damages occurring to my motorcycle or myself. I also agree that any damage caused by my occupancy or temporary use of the property is to be reported immediately to the property owner. It is solely my responsibility to repair/correct any alterations I cause to the property. In the event the property owner cannot be reached the caretaker,____________________, will be notified immediately. It is my responsibility to provide, and wear, the appropriate safety gear while operating my motorcycle on the property. Public access to the property will be restricted and controlled by the use of caution tape and or brightly colored cones, which shall be removed before leaving the property. This is to prevent unauthorized access and deter spectators. This is a legal binding agreement between the property owner and myself. I will not try and alter, forge or destroy this agreement, which may be punishable by law, because I am entering into it completely and willingly. Any violation of this agreement will result in my loss of privileges to access the above referenced property, and legal action may be pursed by the owner. Any alterations to this agreement must be made in writing and signed by both the motorcycle operator and the property owner. If the property owner is unavailable the caretaker,______________________, shall serve as the needed signature. There will be no exceptions.

SIGNATURE

Motorcycle Operator: _______________________________ DOB: ________________

Contact phone #1: ___________________ Contact phone #2: _____________________

Emergency Contact: __________________________ Phone: _____________________

SIGNATURE

Property Owner/Caretaker: ________________________ Date: ___________________

* Only I,______________________________, have sole decision and responsibility of who rides at the spot and only when I am there.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:03 PM

miker_dh is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if this is true or not but my buddy told me in Canada a waiver has no right if you die or get a injury you can still sue... Theres a law saying your not allowed to sign any document or waiver they may result in injury or death, I dont know if this is true or not but I still wouldn't sue the owner cause after all he let me use his lot.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by miker_dh
I dont know if this is true or not but my buddy told me in Canada a waiver has no right if you die or get a injury you can still sue... Theres a law saying your not allowed to sign any document or waiver they may result in injury or death, I dont know if this is true or not but I still wouldn't sue the owner cause after all he let me use his lot.
well I doubt you'll able to sue if you die

Quick Reply: Stunting Liability Waiver Form