Stunting Liability Waiver Form

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM

StuntLine C.C. is a decent person
Re: Liability Waiver

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If anyone cares here is the form so you can just copy, paste, and print.

Liability Release Form

I,________________________here by agree to the following rules set forth by the property owner,_______________________________of said property, ____________________, ___________________, _____. I agree that I have permission to operate my motorcycle, a ______________, VIN number_____________________, on the above stated property. Under no circumstances is the owner of said property responsible or liable for any damages, personal or property, to my motorcycle or myself. I am fully and completely aware of the dangers involved in operating my vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to: death, dismemberment, permanent or temporary impairment, paralysis, loss of limb(s), etc. Under no circumstances do I have the legal right to pursue the property owner for compensation of damages occurring to my motorcycle or myself. I also agree that any damage caused by my occupancy or temporary use of the property is to be reported immediately to the property owner. It is solely my responsibility to repair/correct any alterations I cause to the property. In the event the property owner cannot be reached the caretaker,____________________, will be notified immediately. It is my responsibility to provide, and wear, the appropriate safety gear while operating my motorcycle on the property. Public access to the property will be restricted and controlled by the use of caution tape and or brightly colored cones, which shall be removed before leaving the property. This is to prevent unauthorized access and deter spectators. This is a legal binding agreement between the property owner and myself. I will not try and alter, forge or destroy this agreement, which may be punishable by law, because I am entering into it completely and willingly. Any violation of this agreement will result in my loss of privileges to access the above referenced property, and legal action may be pursed by the owner. Any alterations to this agreement must be made in writing and signed by both the motorcycle operator and the property owner. If the property owner is unavailable the caretaker,______________________, shall serve as the needed signature. There will be no exceptions.

SIGNATURE

Motorcycle Operator: _______________________________ DOB: ________________

Contact phone #1: ___________________ Contact phone #2: _____________________

Emergency Contact: __________________________ Phone: _____________________

SIGNATURE

Property Owner/Caretaker: ________________________ Date: ___________________

* Only I,______________________________, have sole decision and responsibility of who rides at the spot and only when I am there.

Does anyone have one for video release?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:26 PM

ecthemc is a decent person
Re: Stunting Liability Waiver Form

That's pretty simple..

" I __________ By signing this waiver agreement state my person(s)

_________ _______ full name.. giving all permisions to " ________ YOU"

for any video production/recording/filming as they want. I agree after signing this waiver "____INITAL HERE" I give up any right for any video footage of me to be altered , waived, not used, or request for it not to be used, played, altered, reproduced. Furthermore I agree for "____You " to use the video or still imagary to be used in any way shape or form in the production of a Film

You'd be amazed the "fucked up" waivers that hold up in court

as long as you got there name, there initals several times throughout a few statements there *** is yours !
Old 09-15-2007, 01:21 PM

StuntLine C.C. is a decent person

Thanks guys I appreciate that..
Old 12-07-2007, 10:16 PM
THE 1 & ONLY

ALEX707 is an unknown quantity at this point

NICE, lets see if i can put it to work up here in chico
Old 03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
circles are boring....

MacDaddyBlake is a decent person
Re: liability WAVIER

Originally Posted by Armenian
This is the one I use:

Liability Release Form

I,______(NAME)________________here by agree to the following rules set forth by the property

owner,____________(NAME)_______________of said property, _____(ADDRESS)_____________,

__(CITY)____________, __(STATE)_.

I agree that I have permission to operate my motorcycle, a __(MAKE/MODEL)____, VIN number

___________________, on the above stated property. Under no circumstances is the owner of said

property responsible or liable for any damages, personal or property, to my motorcycle or myself. I am

fully and completely aware of the dangers involved in operating my vehicle. This includes, but is not

limited to: death, dismemberment, permanent or temporary impairment, paralysis, loss of limb(s), etc.

Under no circumstances do I have the legal right to pursue the property owner for compensation of

damages occurring to my motorcycle or myself. I also agree that any damage caused by my occupancy or

temporary use of the property is to be reported immediately to the property owner. It is solely my

responsibility to repair/correct any alterations I cause to the property. In the event the property owner

cannot be reached the caretaker,____________________, will be notified immediately. It is my responsibility to

provide, and wear, the appropriate safety gear while operating my motorcycle on the property. Public

access to the property will be restricted and controlled by the use of caution tape and or brightly colored

cones, which shall be removed before leaving the property. This is to prevent unauthorized access and deter

spectators. This is a legal binding agreement between the property owner and myself. I will not try and

alter, forge or destroy this agreement, which may be punishable by law, because I am entering into it

completely and willingly. Any violation of this agreement will result in my loss of privileges to access the

above referenced property, and legal action may be pursed by the owner. Any alterations to this agreement

must be made in writing and signed by both the motorcycle operator and the property owner. If the property

owner is unavailable the caretaker,______________________, shall serve as the needed signature. There will be no

exceptions.

Motorcycle Operator: ________________________ DOB: ____________
SIGNATURE
Contact phone #1: ___________________ Contact phone #2: ____________________

Emergency Contact: __________________________ Phone: _________________

Property Owner/Caretaker: ________________________ Date: ____________
SIGNATURE

thats pretty well written except theres a couple things to keep in mind with this waiver.....

your specifying that you are going to use cones to restrict acess...
your also specifying that you are going to wear all appropriate safety gear while riding....

id be careful with writing that in there if you dont intend to do it every single time, because it might come back around on you if anything happens because you "agreed" to do it through the waiver, and if you fail the obligations of your "legally binded agreement" and end up hurting yourself, the owner could probably sue you :P

anyhow, well written, actually plannin on taking this waiver to a industrial park near by where i work and see if it will fly :P
Old 04-18-2008, 01:51 AM

suzukiallen is a decent person

thank god for you good people,,writing waivers was getting old and im just to lazy to sit and write one up myself,,,alot easier to copy.thanks!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Call me *Point Blank*

cbr_stunt is an unknown quantity at this point

hey does anyone use a notary withe the waivers?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:32 AM

sxscroggie is a decent person

This is a waiver we devised. it was for a specific location, so I took out the address:

Motorcycle Stunt and Practice
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF ALL CLAIMS

"Stunting" means the act of performing tricks (specifically motorcycle tricks)

Risk Warning:
Motorcycle riding has its risks, as does operating any motor vehicle. Motorcycle stunting adds the risk of using a motorcycle in ways not intended by the original manufacturer. This involves a significant risk of physical harm or personal injury including permanent disability and/or death to participants, any such injury may result not only from your actions but from the action, omission or negligence of others.

In consideration for, and as a condition of my involvement in said stunting I:

1. warrant that I am medically fit (including physically and mentally) to participate in said stunting;
2. acknowledge the risk warning set out above and I agree that I assume all risks in connection with my participation in the activities and acknowledge that High Velocity Cycles is not liable for any damage or injury which occurs during any stunt practice;
3. waive, release and discharge all and any claim, right, or cause of action however arising including from any negligent act or omission of any person, whether or not presently ascertained, immediate, future or contingent which I may have for or arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my participation in said stunting;
4. indemnify against any claim, right, or cause of action however arising including from any negligent act or omission of any person, whether or not presently ascertained, immediate, future or contingent which I may have for or arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my participation in said stunting;
5. agree that the waiver, release and discharge contained in paragraph 3 above and the indemnity contained in paragraph 4 shall operate in favor of High Velocity Cycles and it employees and customers and shall so operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is due or attributable to and act, neglect or omission of any one or more of the Released Persons;
6. agree and acknowledge by my participation in said stunting that many stunts are inherently dangerous and involve a high risk of serious injury, illness, permanent disability and/or death which may or will result in sever economic and /or property loss and damage and I fully recognize and accept those risks.

q By checking this box I indicate that I am at least 18 years of age and have read and fully understand this release and waiver.

Please Print Name: ____________________________________ DOB: ________________________
(date of birth)

Signature of Participant: __________________________________ Date: ________________________

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that any and all audio, audio visual, and/or photographic recording(s) of me taken by High Velocity Cycles may be used for publicity and promotion purposes.

Signature of Participant: ____________________________________
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM

cassman is a decent person

excellent thread guys, very thorough, i'm gunna try these in my area.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 AM
FTP CYCLES

f4 diablo is a decent person

In regards too the spectator getting hurt/dead. I know here in FLA even if You have a legal waiver an "control" thee access. The propertty owner is still abe to be sued. I.E A person breaks into my home while I am sleeping, trips on something an breaks his/her neck. they can still sue me for neglagance. B.S but true.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:05 PM

Shane600 is a decent person

good ****...i wanna see the look on there faces when i whip this out
Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

BUMP. Been trolling around. I think everyone needs this at their disposal
Old 07-18-2009, 01:48 AM

dealsgapdragon is a decent person

This looks more like off-road use only, unless a paved parking lot is inside a govt forest:

Tennessee Recreational Use Statute

TENNESSEE CODE ANNOTATED
TITLE 11: NATURAL AREAS AND RECREATION
CHAPTER 10: LEASE OF RECREATIONAL LANDS TO STATE--LIABILITY OF LESSOR

TN Code §11-10-101. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:

(1) "Charge" means the amount of money asked in return for an invitation to enter or go upon the land;
(2) "Conservation easement" means a conservation easement as defined in § 66-9-303(1);
(3) "Land" includes, but is not limited to, roads, water, watercourses, private ways and buildings, structures and machinery or equipment thereon when attached to the realty;
(4) "Owner" includes, but is not limited to, tenant, lessee, occupant or person in control of the premises;
(5) "Public use easement" means a public use easement as defined in § 11-13-102; and (6) "Recreational purposes" includes, but is not limited to, any one (1) or any combination of the following: hunting, fishing, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, pleasure driving, nature study, water skiing, winter sports, and visiting, viewing or enjoying historical, archaeological, scenic or scientific sites, or otherwise using land for purposes of the user.
HISTORY: [Acts 1967, ch. 246, § 3; T.C.A., § 11-1301; Acts 1982, ch. 554, § 1.]

TN Code §11-10-102. Land leased to political entity for recreational purposes - Duty of care - Warnings.

(a) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, an owner of land leased to the state or any agency thereof, or any county or municipality or agency thereof, for recreational purposes, owes no duty of care to keep that land safe for entry or use by others or to give warning to persons entering or going upon such land of any dangerous or hazardous conditions, uses, structures or activities thereon.
(b) An owner who leases land to the state or any agency thereof, or any county or municipality or agency thereof, for recreational purposes, shall not by giving such lease:

(1) Extend any assurance to any person using the land that the premises are safe for any purpose;
(2) Confer upon such persons the legal status of an invitee or licensee to whom a duty of care is owed; or (3) Assume responsibility for or incur liability for any injury to a person or property caused by an act or omission of a person who enters upon the leased land.
(c) The provisions of this section apply whether the person entering upon the leased land is an invitee, licensee, trespasser or otherwise.
HISTORY: [Acts 1967, ch. 246, § 1; T.C.A., § 11-1302.]

TN Code §11-10-103. Land subject to conservation or public use easement - Duty of care - Warnings.

(a) An owner of any land, which is subject to a conservation easement or public use easement, granted to or acquired and held by the state or any agency thereof, owes no duty of care to keep that land safe for entry or use by others or to give warning to any person entering or going upon such land of any dangerous or hazardous conditions, uses, structures or activities thereon.
(b) An owner of land which is subject to an easement granted to or acquired and held by the state or any agency thereof, shall not, by granting such easement:

(1) Warrant by implication that the real property included in the easement is safe for any purpose;
(2) Confer upon any person the legal status of an invitee or licensee to whom a duty of care is owed; or (3) Assume responsibility for or incur liability for any injury to any person or property caused by an act or omission of any person who enters upon the land subject to such easement.
(c) The provisions of this section apply whether the person entering upon the land subject to such easement is an invitee, licensee, trespasser or otherwise.
HISTORY: [Acts 1982, ch. 554, § 2.]

TN Code §11-10-104. Certain existing liabilities unaffected.

(a) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as limiting in any way any liability which otherwise exists:

(1) For willful or malicious failure to guard or warn against a dangerous or hazardous condition, use, structure, or activity; or (2) For injury suffered in any case where the owner of land charges the person or persons who enter or go on the land other than the amount, if any, paid to the owner of the land by the state or any agency thereof, or any county or municipality or agency thereof.
(b) Nothing in this chapter shall be deemed to create a duty of care or ground of liability for injury to person or property, and nothing in this chapter shall limit in any way the obligation of a person entering upon or using the land of another for recreational purposes to exercise due care in such person's use of such land and in such person's activities thereon.
HISTORY: [Acts 1967, ch. 246, § 2; T.C.A., §§ 11-1303, 11-10-103.]

TN Code §11-10-105. Conservation easements - No duty of care, warning, etc.

(a) An owner of any land, which is subject to a conservation easement, whether such easement contains or does not contain a public use clause granted to or acquired and held by the state or any agency thereof, or any county or municipality or agency thereof, or an owner of any land, which is subject to a public use easement, granted to or acquired and held by the state or any agency thereof, owes no duty of care to keep that land safe for entry or use by others or to give warning to any person entering or going upon such land of any dangerous or hazardous conditions, uses, structures or activities thereon.
(b) An owner of land which is subject to a conservation easement, whether such easement contains or does not contain a public use clause, granted to or acquired and held by the state or any agency thereof, or any county or municipality or agency thereof, or an owner of land which is subject to a public use easement granted to or acquired and held by the state or any agency thereof, shall not, by granting such easement:

(1) Warrant by implication that the real property included in the easement is safe for any purpose;
(2) Confer upon any person the legal status of an invitee or licensee to whom a duty of care is owed; or (3) Assume responsibility for or incur liability for any injury to any person or property caused by an act or omission of any person who enters upon the land subject to such easement.
(c) The provisions of this section apply whether the person entering upon the land subject to such easement is an invitee, licensee, trespasser or otherwise.
HISTORY: [Acts 1988, ch. 965, §§ 1, 2; 1990, ch. 781, § 1.]
Old 09-30-2009, 03:59 AM

doublea03 is an unknown quantity at this point

but the family could..
Old 10-02-2009, 04:41 PM
what had happened was....

-kyle- will become famous soon enough-kyle- will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by f4 diablo
In regards too the spectator getting hurt/dead. I know here in FLA even if You have a legal waiver an "control" thee access. The propertty owner is still abe to be sued. I.E A person breaks into my home while I am sleeping, trips on something an breaks his/her neck. they can still sue me for neglagance. B.S but true.
same in california also, there was a case a couple years ago where a guy tried to break into a house through the skylite, ended up falling through the glass landed on some knives on the kitchen island sued the families house he was breaking into and won. unreal what people can get away with these days
Old 11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Last of the Dying Breed

Cuztom15 is a decent person

great thread, just unfortunately the cops in the jersey area, or where i ride at least, keep telling me they can give me a ticket with/without waivers, owners permission, etc. etc.

I also have to worry about disturbing other businesses, not to mention the one industrial park i stunt in, the 2 companies have no front door and the doors are locked......so the cop gets complaints about me stunting in an empty lot between a pharmaceutical company and some shipping company, so he has to kick me out.

Everyone always tells me they dont know who owns the parking lot, or they can't authorize that, i have to call corporate, and any other public place, they tell me even with waivers, they wont allow it. Its a ****** nightmare around here.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:53 PM

mxracer95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cuztom15
great thread, just unfortunately the cops in the jersey area, or where i ride at least, keep telling me they can give me a ticket with/without waivers, owners permission, etc. etc.

I also have to worry about disturbing other businesses, not to mention the one industrial park i stunt in, the 2 companies have no front door and the doors are locked......so the cop gets complaints about me stunting in an empty lot between a pharmaceutical company and some shipping company, so he has to kick me out.

Everyone always tells me they dont know who owns the parking lot, or they can't authorize that, i have to call corporate, and any other public place, they tell me even with waivers, they wont allow it. Its a ****** nightmare around here.
of course they *can* give you a ticket for anything they want, but will it hold up in court? if you have a 1/2 way decent attorney or learn the law yourself, it probably won't stand the challenge of court.

if you are set on that spot, you could A) get a ticket, fight it and win, which could be used to persuade the cops to leave you alone, or B) you could sue the cops asking the court to order they leave you alone.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Sugar Free

Jerro is a decent person

same way here in nwa
Old 02-24-2010, 12:18 AM

o0dfuse0o is a decent person

Great advice, now is it likely that a property owner will agree to these circumstances?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Buddah Lovaa

ridinthabay408 is a decent person

Originally Posted by o0dfuse0o
Great advice, now is it likely that a property owner will agree to these circumstances?

thats what i was thinkin...if i own property i'd try to keep it rubber-mark free but hopefully some owners dont give a **** tar-lots!