High-Point 9mm

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:20 PM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: High-Point 9mm

That ruger looks nice. I already have a few revolvers, I want something with a higher capacity. Im going to try to go to the gun shop this weekend to see what kind of used guns they have and what not. Keep you posted. As far as accuracy is concerned, within a house, you dont need to be able to group 6 rounds in a quarter to drop somebody (home defense obviously).
Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perry636
the high point is a good cheap gun . they say use lots of oil and they dont jam up to often. im thinking about buying one just to leave in my truck if somthing happens to it oh well.if it gets lost or stolen u aint out much money .
doesn't jam to often... your a ******* retard... protection in case something happens??? so your ganna pull out your gum ball machine gun pull the trigger its ganna jam.... then what... stop giving bad advice!!!!!!!!!
but if you want car protection this is your jam...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl-ZIo-Wztc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl-ZIo-Wztc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-07-2009, 10:58 PM

perry636 is a decent person

i didnt say it was a gun i would pack .just somthing to keep in the work truck and easy to get to . i keep a taurs 45 on my side. and i dont own a high point some ppl say they suck and others say they dont have any problems out of them......
Old 01-08-2009, 09:16 AM

Thats exactly my problem. Ive been doing research and its 50/50. people hate them or like them so I may just go test fire one if I can. I've also been looking at a few others. Anyone know about the sigma?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:28 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I got my wife the hipoint 9mm Carbine. Looks like a little assault rifle, or submachine gun....

It's not bad at all.. she shot a snake in the rafters of our carport years ago at about 20yards! Put a hole in our roof too, but hit a snake that is only about 1/2" wide! It's pretty accurate.

The thing usually only jams if she doesn't keep it clean and well lubed.. Plus the springs in the clips are kind of weak and wear out fast if you leave them all loaded all the time. But none of this is so bad that it's not still fun to shoot.

It's not a pistol either though so probably not a real good comparo.. I didn't even know they made just pistols.. I thought it was only this carbine that was called a hi-point.. I'm guessin since you said "to carry" that they make more guns then?

OH.. and I also payed only $100. for it from a freind.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 AM

I usually clean my guns after every time I shoot them, too.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:59 AM

onewheelneil is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the rugers.I recently bought a brand new p95 for $325 out the door.I have had a bunch of rugers over the years and have never had a single jam or failure.I deff. recomend a ruger when your searching for a gun where price is a factor.As soon as I can find a p90 (.45) in stock locally for under $425 I'll be getting that too!! I might settle for the 345 like homeboy has above just because it has a narrower frame which makes it easier to conceal.
http://www.commandsurplus.com/produc...rce=googlebase